It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to the American Dream?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
What happened the the American Dream that the great forefathers of the United States of America envisioned of? What happened to the abundance that the United States of America used to have? Gone were the days when the American eagles, half eagles and double eagles were the source of economic stability and wealth. What happened to the sovereignty of the United States of America? I sincerely hope that history will not repeat itself. Remember what happened to the USSR?

It is very depressing and saddening indeed. Gone were the glorious days of the United States of America.

What will the great American forefathers think in the other world?

And I am not American by the way. I wish that the United States of America will get on its feet again all the same.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by D.N.A.

"Its called the American dream for a reason, you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

www.youtube.com...

One of the best modern quotes ive heard so far.

[edit on 12-2-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
What impact does the breakup of the USSR have to the global economy since? In my opinion I think the breakup have laid the foundation for the economic crisis we are facing today.

Competition boosts economy conquering doesn't. Where is the compeition now? President Obama not only need to defeat the enemies of the United States of America but the enemies of the globe. President Obama has a great task ahead of him. He can do it but he needs our faith and support.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by D.N.A.

Hey dude i am not American either and it is sad to see it fall!
By the way they busy auctioning it off on E-bay!
Dude i just got Two houses, A Walmart and A Gas station for $10 WOW what a bargain!

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O
reply to post by D.N.A.

"Its called the American dream for a reason, you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

www.youtube.com...

One of the best modern quotes ive heard so far.

[edit on 12-2-2009 by XXXN3O]

excellent neo, i couldn't agree more. Thank you for the great quote.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Peter Schiff said it well "The American Dream became the American Promise".

Carlin (RIP) definitely did say it better though.

Peace

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
What happened?

We pawned it to China to buy cheap goods, traded it to Bankers for over-valued houses in the suburbs and greedily urged our Bookies - I mean Brokers - to gamble it in get-rich-quick schemes.

top topics

join