It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bonus for executives not justified

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
What I don't understand is why all those executives recieve such large bonusses. I mean, you normally get a bonus for doing a good job. But the way I see it, no good work has been done. Otherwise we wouldn't be in the position we are in right now. If anything, those creeps deserve to be jailed for the cock-ups they've made. But the opposite seems to be the case. It looks like those who caused this crisis, are awarded and praised for their part in it.

It's like my little fella, who's doing potty training. We reward him with small tokens for being a "big boy". But the Wallstreet way, would be rewarding him for #ting and pissing all over the place.

Makes me sick!

[edit on 12-2-2009 by 2Faced]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
They give themselves the bonuses.

Wouldn't you?
If you were the head of a company making profits running into billions

a billion is 1,000,000,000 btw

then wouldn't you think it reasonable to pay yourself a 10 million bonus?

that is, 10,000,000?

Its peanuts.
The problem is, when your business stops making money and starts losing it instead. You've got so used to buying a new island every summer, with a new jet and a new yacht and a nice big castle, that its hard to go back and live like a normal person for a bit.

So, you have an unwitting blind ignorance to the world around, and refuse to concede so much as a penny for the benefit of your brothers.

That folks, is what greed is.
In their eyes, they're completely justififed.

I wouldn't be surprised if an angry mob turned up at the gates of one of their palaces, complete with flaming torches and pitchforks, only for Mr Rich-man to turn around and say, 'whats all the fuss for?'

Their heads are higher in the clouds than mine on a weekend, and their only drug is money.
So far as they'll admit, anyway.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by selfisolated

not to mention that the American people are too lazy to do anything besides what they've been programmed to do.

[edit on 2/12/2009 by JPhish]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Its not just America.

Try coming over to Britain, where its just as bad.
Thing is, people don't even realise it. Our PM has actually said that his rescue plans 'saved the world'.

Unfortunately, after many years of getting screwed under a conservative government, people can't get their heads around the fact that a labour government can be just as, if not more, corrupt and selfish.

They genuinely believe that everything is OK and the politicians are desperately trying to save us.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2Faced
What I don't understand is why all those executives recieve such large bonusses. I mean, you normally get a bonus for doing a good job. But the way I see it, no good work has been done. Otherwise we wouldn't be in the position we are in right now. If anything, those creeps deserve to be jailed for the cock-ups they've made. But the opposite seems to be the case. It looks like those who caused this crisis, are awarded and praised for their part in it.

It's like my little fella, who's doing potty training. We reward him with small tokens for being a "big boy". But the Wallstreet way, would be rewarding him for #ting and pissing all over the place.

Makes me sick!

[edit on 12-2-2009 by 2Faced]

Most people, 2Faced, think that these bonuses are supposed to be a reward. They are not and have never been intended to "reward" executives. What they are intended to be are "incentives". There's a big difference between the two. One is "rewarding" for past performance and the other is providing an incentive for future performance. Most employment contracts provide for incentives but not rewards. The majority of executives in the world have employment contracts that are negotiated in advance of their employment outlining what incentives are available to them. It is a way of recruiting and maintaining supposedly "top talent".

I would say the better argument would be what proof do we have that these executives will not screw up like this again in the future. It seems that their employment contracts were more concerned with just securing the "talent" and not with making sure there were appropriate measures of past performance and how that translates to future performance.

To be honest, I'm not sure that even now anybody is really looking at this as the REAL problem.

top topics

join