It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another reason money should go

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Our society cant even trust its judicial system these days. Two judges in PA have taken bribes to send juveniles to private prisons aparently.

This is yet another example of how a monetary system corrupts an otherwise honest system. And despite this easily predicted event, goverments continue to pay private corporations to handle prisoners.

Can you imagine how unjust life is inside a private prison ? Parole goes against profits so prisoners will be written up for small or fake infractions. And now we find judges sentencing people for profit.

How can we as a society trust anything when money corrupts all ?

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I get your point man, but if there were no money, he'd be accepting chickens. Corruption is corruption. The way I see it, the only way to stop crime is to adopt the eye for an eye rule. You shoot someone, you get shot. You steal someones money, yours gets taken. It's the only way to enforce the golden rule

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
midnight, i think you're absolutely right on both subjects. However i do believe that it would be much harder to bribe someone with chickens. Because a chicken "trail"
is much easier to follow than a dirty money trail.

[edit on 2/12/2009 by JPhish]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
ARE YOU CRAZY?!?!? If it wasn't for cold hard cash, we'd have nothing, imagine a world where all money is electronic, the moment you disagree with the goverment, you would literally have nothing, Taking money away is all part of the NWO so those who don't go along with them will have no means to do anything.,

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

LMAO true true

But they both stink as bad

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by shadow Clown
ARE YOU CRAZY?!?!? If it wasn't for cold hard cash, we'd have nothing,

you mean that paper you carry around??? You think that it's actually worth something? You'd be better off with a jar of pennies. At least they'll have some "value" if the monetary system collapses. Can't say the same for the FR Notes, we'll have a lot of toilet paper on our hands.

[edit on 2/12/2009 by JPhish]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadow Clown
ARE YOU CRAZY?!?!? If it wasn't for cold hard cash, we'd have nothing, imagine a world where all money is electronic, the moment you disagree with the goverment, you would literally have nothing, Taking money away is all part of the NWO so those who don't go along with them will have no means to do anything.,

I find it interesting when other posters automatically assume no money to mean no physical currency. It shows how the concept of a world without money is beyond comprehension.

I meant no money at all. Not just removing physical currency.

We live in a world of forced scarcity. Thats why we have money and thats how we are controlled. Use technology to automate most labor and create abundance and money has no need to exist. If you had a device that could create food, clothing, and unlimited energy you would have abundance (and therefore no need for currency)

top topics

join