It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What to say to the cops.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
What to say to a cop:

1. Regardless of what you DO say, be polite about it.
2. Answer all legitimate questions asked of you. (i.e., name, address, DL info., etc.)
3. Never answer any question that you do not feel is pertinent the specifics of your interaction with LEO's (i.e., where you work, where you are coming/going....basically anything that is not DIRECTLY related to you interaction)
4. NEVER say anything self incriminating....IT WILL BE HELD AGAINST YOU!
5. Don't be afraid to ask questions (Don't question authority though, it's a losing battle). Sometimes there are misunderstandings (both on behalf of the LEO and the detainee).
6. When in doubt, just say NO....or invoke your 5th amendment right...get an attorney and let the attorney do your talking for you.

Just my 2-cents

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by seataka

Well look here...being nice to the cops and getting off even though he truly did wrong

I swear being around here it's like people will have you believe every cop is an evil swine

-Kyo

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
www.flexyourrights.org...

I swear being around here it's like people will have you believe every cop is an evil swine

Well a lot of them are pretty disgusting people. And I would say they are the majority out there. But there are good cops that won't needlessly screw with you.

And the link I posted is highly related. They give good understanding of your rights as well as how they apply, and discuss probable cause as well. Truly good source of knowledge for your rights.

I can attest that through knowing your rights and being courteous at the same time, 90% of police encounters will diffuse and be fairly easy, with little or no trouble coming your way. There are the cops, who are either massive assholes, don't care about the law at all or what they may do in breaking it, or just had a really REALLY bad day, that will screw try to screw you. But often times with proper proof of them breaking your rights will only get them in trouble or at the very least the case dropped.

[edit on 28-1-2010 by SpectreDC]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by watch_the_rocks

I believe you forgot something...ya know the part where you tell everybody that you are not an attorney and that they assume all risks associated with their actions and any repercussions they incur are their sole responsibility. I'ts not a good idea to dole out legal advice on the internet, nor is it a good idea to follow said advice, Please folks use some caution when dealing with police period. You don't think they have heard this crap before?

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by KyoZero
reply to post by seataka

Well look here...being nice to the cops and getting off even though he truly did wrong

-Kyo

Thanks..Cops are so used to getting either that You Suck intent from people or listening to weasily excuses, that to just tell the truth is so refreshing these days

Cops are just people too, but people who were willing to take a job that most of us did not desire...and compassion is a two way street.

[edit on 28-1-2010 by seataka]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

1. Regardless of what you DO say, be polite about it.

I think this is the most important thing for me, I always treat people like I am treated unless they are from NY or NJ(kidding about the last part). If I walk up to a car and the driver starts yelling or cussing it goes South faster than the Mississippi river.

Secure

PS I hope that last comment didn't sound too country for you all

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXxtremelySecure

Jeeet yet?

Nodjew?

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by seataka

Originally posted by xXxtremelySecure

Jeeet yet?

Nodjew?

Que? No hablo hillbilly

Secure

PS Bueno

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by xXxtremelySecure

Its not Hillbilly

Its Apalachian American ty

I can't take credit for Elevatones quote, but I sure like usin it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join