It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens when a 500 mph plane hits solid? Slow-mo video

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by djeminy

Originally posted by jfj123

So now you're saying that if you can break the first brick, you can break an infinite number of bricks because the bricks break themselves?

Here we go again...... does it never end!

No, I'm not saying anything of the sort anywhere.

I'm just telling you what's happening in the video clip.

Then tell me why the video is not a good example of a smaller weaker object, damaging a larger, more sturdy object. Unless of course you agree with me

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedman
reply to post by Chuffer

Pan Am 103 (Lockerbie) came apart at 30,000 ft from a bomb which
accounts for the large sections of aircraft scattered around. Flight 93
hit the ground nose down at 580 mph - the impact forces smashed it into
fragments .

I have been to a high speed impact (Lear 35) which hit the ground down the street from me. As member of FD walked the crash scene to mark
body parts for coroner to recover. This plane hit nose down at about
350 mph - plane was smashed into small pieces similar to what was seen
at Shanksville. Largest piece was 2 x 3 ft section of tail fin.

Your are comparing aplles to oranges - try doing some research

Here's some data on the fireball that was created when the wing sections landed on Lockerbie:

The wings impacted at the southern edge of Lockerbie, producing a crater whose volume, calculated from a photogrammetric survey, was approximately 560 cubic metres. The weight of material displaced by the wing impact was estimated to be well in excess of 1500 tonnes. The wing impact created a fireball, setting fire to neighbouring houses and carrying aloft debris which was then blown downwind for several miles.

Investigators believe that within three seconds of the explosion, the cockpit, fuselage, and No. 3 engine were falling separately. The fuselage continued moving forward and down until it reached 19,000 ft (6000 m), at which point its dive became almost vertical. Well well who would have thought a large piece of fuselage would dive vertically from 19,000ft. Yes smaller pieces broke off I'm not denying that but you seem to make that no pieces fell vertically.

On the ground, 11 Lockerbie residents were killed when the wing section hit 13 Sherwood Crescent at more than 800 km/h (500 mph) and exploded, creating a crater 47 metres (155 ft) long and with a volume of 560 m³ (730 yd³). Wow, that's pretty ipressive for just the wing sections yet at Shanksville a WHOLE plane disppeared into a hole/crater only 10ft, physics has nothing on you. You'd better sign up somewhere quick.

Can you explain how a Boeing 757-200 with a length of 155ft, weighing over 100 tons, and crashing 580mph at nearly a 90-degree angle straight into the ground made a crater only 10ft deep? Because I can't.

How much debris was displaced compared to the illustration about the wing sections above?

Also remember there were body parts found in Lockerbie that were from the passengers on board yet it appears they found none at Shanksville, absolutely amazing that, beyond belief.

I did my research, it would appear you are the one comparing apples with oranges especially if you believe the official story of Shanksville, which is a complete BS.

Chuffer

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I really liked the high-speed photography of the bullet impacts.

Are we saying that at a high enough velocity, the bullets liquefy?

Anyway, thanks for posting those. Anybody got any more high-speed photography to post?

Cheers!

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Poor old F4 Phantoms -- believe the wings used to fold up when the Navy used them on aircraft carriers -- Navy didn't want them so a good deal of them ended up stationed at Clarke Air Base in the Philippines practicing to go in and take care of North Korea if they stepped out of line.
Still used to fold up the wings for maintenance, which makes me wonder if Mike Walter can see the wings folding up on impact in that F4 video, he's pretty observant like that.

Alas finally a combination of political manouvering and Mt Pinatubo erupting saw the base shut down and the F4s out in the cold again until Desert Storm when the Wild Weasels again showed what they could do. But now it seems they've been reduced to the equivalent of crash-test-dummies -- well they only used to cost $8 million -- a mere trifle.
Well at least we got to see what a plane crashing into reinforced concrete looks like filmed with a single camera. Wonder if the Pentagon footage from the multitudes of cameras they have is as good as that -- and if we ever get to see it!

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chuffer

reply to post by Chuffer

Can you explain how a Boeing 757-200 with a length of 155ft, weighing over 100 tons, and crashing 580mph at nearly a 90-degree angle straight into the ground made a crater only 10ft deep? Because I can't.

That is a good point! I would like to know what the soil/earth was made in the inpact area was. Reminds me of Dunkirk when the English were trapped and where getting the CRAP bombed out of them. If they had been trapped anywhere else other than the beach the casualities would have been much higher. Same bombs however the envorinment was different.

Maybe knowing the soil content would help you prove or disprove your theory

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ranhome

Originally posted by Chuffer

reply to post by Chuffer

That is a good point! I would like to know what the soil/earth was made in the inpact area was. Reminds me of Dunkirk when the English were trapped and where getting the CRAP bombed out of them. If they had been trapped anywhere else other than the beach the casualities would have been much higher. Same bombs however the envorinment was different.

Maybe knowing the soil content would help you prove or disprove your theory

On your Dunkirk point, my Grandfather was on the very last boat out of Dunkirk. Churchill sacraficed about 10,000 of his fellow comrades from the 51st Highland Division at St Valery in France so everyone could escape. Ok they weren't renamed the 51st until after Dunkirk but I'm being pedantic. They then went to North Africa and fought all over including El Alamein and the rest as they say is history

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join