It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dominos Where You Can't Get a Pepperoni Pizza

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442
It's ONE shop.

If you happen to live in the immediate area and want a pizza with meat, call the one 2 miles away. It'll take them that much longer to get there, and if it's not there in 30 minutes, you've got a free pizza.

Everybody wins.

LOL that free pizza deal is just great, I bet people hope they come late haha.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by tkmelb
A few KFCs tried that a few years ago here in Australia. Needless to say they quietly put bacon back on the menu when those stores started to lose profits...

KFC and... bacon? Seriously?

Bacon wrapped fried chicken? Bacon with the Col's secret recipe batter and deep fried?

I'd like to see the local hear attack rates for the months it was gone...

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Slitting an animals throat to bleed it is the reality of halal meat products and far less humane than the normal western methods of killing animals for meat. The greater the fear at time of death, the greater the release of certain hormones and thus the meat is negatively affected and the person who eats it will tend to be more aggressive than he would otherwise be.

Have you ever noticed how vegetarians tend to be so non-aggressive........... food for thought folks

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

The big deal is,

That Our Belives and Cultures are being taken away from us and these muslims seem to think its ok to build Mosque's ever where,

I Dont want to be waken up at 5:00 am with the loud blast of Arabic Prayer Calling......why ? cause im british and thats not how we do stuff OVER HERE

We have a Island Mentality built in to us, be it a good thing or bad thing im not sure, but we feel our Idenity is being sold up the river

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
'I had to travel two miles out of my way to their next nearest branch - I was appalled.'

LMAO

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by runetang

Oh I agree that religious practice makes it very difficult to exclude the possibility of getting things which you cannot eat when ordering from take away places. I have a Jewish in-law and am well aware of the specifics of the preparation of the meats involved (very similar to halal). But while I understand that is is comforting to Muslims to know that they can get halal only, I do also understand why the move has left those who don't eat it feeling put out.

It's sad to say, though, that stories like this in the mainstream media are only going to further fuel the racial tensions that are bubbling just below the surface of life in Britain. Numerous stories over the past year or so have shown growing discontent on the part of white Britons, many of them stating that they feel ignored by government in favour of other cultures and acute fear to speak out about issues they feel are important (such as immigration) for fear of being branded racist.

All of these issues are only exacerbated by the almost constant media portrayal of Muslims as "terrorists" and the government induced fear about another "terrorist" attack.

It's not really about a pizza place offering halal meat for Muslims, it's about an underlying feeling that the British culture and way of life is being diversified into non-existence. The only reason it comes out on articles like this is because there really isn't anywhere else to say it.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by TreX-UK

The big deal is,

That Our Belives and Cultures are being taken away from us and these muslims seem to think its ok to build Mosque's ever where,

We have a Island Mentality built in to us, be it a good thing or bad thing im not sure, but we feel our Idenity is being sold up the river

It is OK to build mosques as long as they follow the laws of this country. It is NOT ok to take away this freedom of choice you seem to be so against.

The big deal is you don't seem to believe in freedom of choice. You don't seem to accept the fact that people can choose to have halal dominos in this "multicultural"country of freewill...

[edit on 12-2-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   

If your in the US then please dont tell me what freedom is

I belive in Freedom of choice, The CHOICE to come and live is this great island nation that has been at the forefront of human Civilastion since the Roman times

But as i said if you are coming over here to live in our nation,

Please leave how you do things at home at the imagration control check point, We dont want to have whole Countys being over run by another Culture

Dont get me wrong this isnt just a muslim thing

i got a problem with Muslim, Polish, indian, chinese la la la

having there little area in london is diffrent, from trying to bring Islamic Law in to practice, or having Newspapers sold in Polish OVER the paper being sold in English,

Having Shops open up that only serve People of that cultue thus isolatioing britons

If you want to live in the UK your more then welcome, BUT dont try and bring your culture and belifs over here and then try and emulate your country in ours....... its just rude

[edit on 12-2-2009 by TreX-UK]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TreX-UK

So basically your in denial that the UK is a multicultural society and you also think that everyone should do things YOUR way or get out. Hmm I see....

Well tell that to the thousands of british who go live or go on holiday abroad with their own culture e.g booze and party,

Tell that to the british soldiers who go to war in other countries etc.

In reality this world belongs to us all, it's time we accept that fact, it only holds us back if we keep seperating ourselves, and pumping our egos.

It's time we also accept the fact of CHANGE. The UK and all the countries in the world has always been through huge changes and always will. It's a fact of life! Look into the history of any country and you would be suprised at the changes that happen.

Remember for example the UK wasn't always a mostly christian country, christianity came from the middle east lol. So the very country you try to protect from change is based on a culture that is from the middle east!, a culture "created" from change. haha

Life is about change. Changes happen all the time. Things don't always stay the same. It's how we learn and experience.

We are now going through a change, this country is becoming a multicultral society, it's time people stopped living in the past, because this is a fact you cannot change, we ARE a multicultral society. All we can do is learn from this, evolve from this, enjoy it, no more seperation.

WE need to set an example to the world, and try to show the world how people SHOULD get along with each other.

Multicultural societies are a sign of our evolution, humanity as a whole becoming more mature. Letting our differences not get in the way.

I love London because of this very fact.

I also love all kinds of food. But I guess if it were up to you we would only have english food such as fish and chips, and no chinese, indian, pakistani etc food.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by NineteenHave you ever noticed how vegetarians tend to be so non-aggressive........... food for thought folks

You have it backwards, people are non-aggressive and pacifist and THEN become vegetarians! I've known people who would eat a hoard of meat every day and are sissies

Originally posted by runetang
I'm going to go Allah's advocate on this one, ahem, I mean Devil's advocate.

Wow that is so insensitively prejudiced I hope someone complains

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Now i may of come across as im not up for any muticulture

not the case, but when they wish to bring there culture here and then not accept our culture or find it offesnive to there own culture.....then kindly fook of back to where you came

Your saying we, so are you a brit then?

Islamic Law..... muslims are demanding this, to run next to our Justice system......ummmm wtf Why should be allow such a barbaric Legal system to be practiced in the UK?

Pray calls over Oxford, they want this as well, how would you feel if you were woken up at 5am by a loud PA type speaker? would you be feeling Culturely tolernet then?

or the fact you cant go to certian areas in bradford if your non muslim

this isnt just aimed at muslims, but they are the majority of the minority

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
reply to post by TreX-UK

So basically your in denial that the UK is a multicultural society and you also think that everyone should do things YOUR way or get out. Hmm I see....

Well tell that to the thousands of british who go live or go on holiday abroad with their own culture e.g booze and party,

Tell that to the british soldiers who go to war in other countries etc.

In reality this world belongs to us all, it's time we accept that fact, it only holds us back if we keep seperating ourselves, and pumping our egos.

It's time we also accept the fact of CHANGE. The UK and all the countries in the world has always been through huge changes and always will. It's a fact of life! Look into the history of any country and you would be suprised at the changes that happen.

So this guy doesn't have the right to prefer his homeland to stay as it was? Why can't he request that his country of origin - that he is still living in - remain on his side of the fence?

These people have countries of origin that are not part of the UK. They can stay there and eat halal food, salam the sun/moon/stars/invisible friend, chop foreskins or do whatever backwards religious or cultural nonsense they like, and I will support them 100%. It's their country, they can mess it up in whatever way they desire.

I'm sick of this wussy liberal attitude.

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
We are now going through a change, this country is becoming a multicultral society, it's time people stopped living in the past, because this is a fact you cannot change, we ARE a multicultral society. All we can do is learn from this, evolve from this, enjoy it, no more seperation.

I'm sorry, Totalitarian Liberal Dictator, since when has this whole "multicultural" fad become unquestionable universal mandate? Maybe some people liked the culture we have. Sure, it's not perfect, but its a damn sight better than the backwards thought entering Britain today, so what if we'd like to keep it?

As a citizen of the United Kingdom, a democratic constitutional monarchy, I am fully entitled to have my say if any major social changes are to be implimented, and I'll be honest, I didn't get the "vote yes/no for multiculturalism" pamphlet, and so naturally I'm feeling like someone has stolen the chair I was sitting on. I come back, and suddenly this isn't the house I left this morning, and I'm wondering who gave this the okay.

Add to that fact that 80% plus of Britain is still WHITE BRITISH (naughty, nasty people!) you'd think we aren't infact multicultural, we're infact a WHITE BRITISH country and therefore should be and feel free to act that way, would you not?

Originally posted by _Phoenix_WE need to set an example to the world, and try to show the world how people SHOULD get along with each other.

Multicultural societies are a sign of our evolution, humanity as a whole becoming more mature. Letting our differences not get in the way.

Yeah, that'd be lovely. I wish I could live in your Care-Bear world of fluffy happiness, where men respect each other as brothers and children laugh and play with gumdrop smiles, and people don't die, they go to sleep for a very long time, until you get to Heaven and everyone is there, but frankly, this is more typical liberal twaddle.

What you are doing is exposing weakness. Do you think Somali pirates want us all to get along?

You want to talk about history? Lets talk history. Change is always a bad thing. Don't believe me?

What happens is a civilization starts weak, it grows strong, establishes its dominion over others, and then is destroyed by rough, tough barbarian raiders who finally get their act together, stop fighting one another, and realise there is a big bunch of sissys, living a pampered, luxury lifestyle just over the hill.

They then conquer said pampered sissies, and enjoy their luxuriant lifestyle...and become the sissies they once conquered.

Here's a quick, and probably not complete, list:

2300BC - Sumer falls to the Akkadians.
2083BC - fall of Akkadian empire to Gutian barbarians.
1650BC - Babylonian empire falls to the Kassites of Mari.
1620BC - Egypt falls to the Hyskos.
539BC - Neo-Babylonian empire falls to the Persians.
330BC - Persian empire falls to the Macedonians.
146BC - Carthage and Macedon fall to the Romans
410AD - Fall of Rome to the Germanic barbarian tribes.
642AD - Sassanid Persian empire conquered by the Muslim Arabs.
711AD - Visigothic Hispania falls to the Moors.
1258AD - fall of Abbassid calpihate to the Mongols.

...and I can't be bothered to keep going. Needless to say, you can see here how the barbarians become the soft, opulent weaklings they sought to conquer.

Originally posted by _Phoenix_I also love all kinds of food. But I guess if it were up to you we would only have english food such as fish and chips, and no chinese, indian, pakistani etc food.

Erm, no, we're happy with the food. It's called trade. We'll give you stuff for your stuff. That works. What we don't want is foreign peoples trying to impose their will. Thats the sort of thing that starts wars, and we win wars.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45

Originally posted by d2che
Pigs eat their own crap. The fact that people can be ok with eating a creature that eats it's own filth(among all the other nasty things) makes me wanna hurl. I don't even care how good it tastes, that's just nasty.
Tell me what domesticated farm animal isn't nasty, and I'll know for a fact that you've never lived or worked on a farm before. Pigs aren't any nastier than other livestock such as chickens, cows, sheep, goats, etc.

If I had to pick the nastiest animal of the lot, I'd say the chicken hands down! They'll eat anything, crap constantly, and have a tendency towards cannibalism. Chickens by the way are considered Halal despite the fact that they're cannibalistic, and happen to eat insects which aside from locust, aren't Halal. This is a perfect example of straining at a gnat and swallowing a camel in my opinion..[edit on 12-2-2009 by LLoyd45]

autowrench: I have to agree, growing upon such a farm, we had a horse, chickens,pigs,and a milk cow. The horse was the cleanest, and the cow second. The pigs are nasty, no doubt of that, but those chickens....my Mom would order 100 each spring, we would eat eggs all summer, then slaughter them for canning in the winter. They really are cannibalistic, I have seen them eat at each other's anus until one died. They stink to high heaven too. I once took a job cleaning out a very large chicken building, and we had to wear a gas mask to do the job. The ammonia smell is overpowering.

[edit on 12-2-2009 by autowrench]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by d2che
It's just pork. What's the big deal? I didn't know lack of pork totally ruins a pizza.
I thought Muslims eating pizza is a good sign. Shows they are assimilating to Western culture without selling out their religious beliefs. Look at Malaysia, Singapore and Brunei. Plenty of Muslims and plenty of Halal and non-Halal eateries. Everyone's happy.

I'm sure there are other Domino's that still serve pig meat with their pizza. Nobody's forcing anybody to go to that particular Domino's outlet. Ever heard of beef pepperoni?

Pigs eat their own crap. The fact that people can be ok with eating a creature that eats it's own filth(among all the other nasty things) makes me wanna hurl. I don't even care how good it tastes, that's just nasty.

Whats the big deal in having it as an OPTION- I get pizza once a week, but do not order ham, perhaps the muslims who would be offended by ham as an OPTION, and dominos, could take a leaf out of that book.

As for your irrational hatred of pigs, any animal you eat probably doesn't wipe their rear end with a piece of toilet paper

The mental and moral acrobatics people will do not to appear to criticise anything related to Islam.................

[edit on 12-2-2009 by blueorder]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
What cracks me up is the slaughtering of pigs when Muslims take over a place. What the hell, man, what did the pigs do to you? Couldn't you just sell them to the sausage-eaters? Or, God forbid, release them into the wild?

Pigs might be God's favourite animal, for all they know. They'll get to heaven to find God waiting for them, with a million piggy souls out for some vengence.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by The Last Man on Earth

it all stems back to Pork going off Really easy in hot conditions, same with Shell Fish would make ever one ill so they made it in to there religon that is wrong to eat it so people would not die from food posioning

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I couldn't really give a toss what other people eat.
Eating anything is bad for you these days.
I don't think anyone has a problem with Domino's selling Halal, Kosher or any type of pizza for that matter but it's the fact that they are JUST selling Halal.

I would have thought that if there was such a demand for Halal only pizza's a local entrepeneur would have opened his own pizza shop and undercut the relatively expensive Domino's.

Seriously, if the worst relations between non-Muslims, (Kaffirs), and Mualims get's is seperate Pizza shop's then I'll be happy!

Slightly off topic but isn't it strange that that great worker for equality and peace Martin Luther King demanded the end of seperation and preached togetherness whereas the current brand of PC do-gooders who have taken over his mantle preach the exact opposite.
I suspect the Great Man would turn in his grave!!

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
I couldn't really give a toss what other people eat.
Eating anything is bad for you these days.
I don't think anyone has a problem with Domino's selling Halal, Kosher or any type of pizza for that matter but it's the fact that they are JUST selling Halal.

I would have thought that if there was such a demand for Halal only pizza's a local entrepeneur would have opened his own pizza shop and undercut the relatively expensive Domino's.

Seriously, if the worst relations between non-Muslims, (Kaffirs), and Mualims get's is seperate Pizza shop's then I'll be happy!

Slightly off topic but isn't it strange that that great worker for equality and peace Martin Luther King demanded the end of seperation and preached togetherness whereas the current brand of PC do-gooders who have taken over his mantle preach the exact opposite.
I suspect the Great Man would turn in his grave!!

yep, irony indeed- but that is the consequence of an "industry" dominated by the liberal left, they thrive on dividing into neat little specific victim groups (thats how a lot of them make their "living"!)

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Last Man on Earth

Erm, no, we're happy with the food. It's called trade. We'll give you stuff for your stuff. That works. What we don't want is foreign peoples trying to impose their will. Thats the sort of thing that starts wars, and we win wars.

You are still not getting the point, we are talking about a damn pizza shop......not some forced rules changing your way of life in any dramatic way.. nobody is imposing their wills on you, most muslims abide by the rules and try to live just like anyone else in this country. The media's propaganda make it appear like there is something wrong, when there is nothing wrong...lol.

It's business! nothing more.....

Oh yeah I'm sure you win wars lol.....

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

If people want WAR over a pizza shop, then god help us all hahaha.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join