It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Questions for GOD

page: 1
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
This is to all the christains out there, IT IS NOT A PERSONAL ATTACK( it's just in the Koran it says god created at least 1800 other species in the universe and im not the knowledgable on other religion)

But why if only humans go to heaven would god create animals that we dont use in our everyday life? Were they merely for our amusment? If theres no chance of salvation for them when they die do they simply cease to exist?I mean animals do have emotions you see Mother dogs weeping when they have a stillborn, and out of all the billions of billions of stars and planets are humans really the only one? And if you do believe in aliens, is it possible for them to go to heaven? I remember reading that Heaven has a specific size, sure its huge, but after a billion years of life across multiple planets wouldn't it start to get full? Or is there multiple heavens for the different Species, but I always read there was one? And if there are infinite dimensions for infinite possibilities, wouldnt at least in one them GOD not exist?

I am by no means putting your religion down, I believe the ideals in it are very important, but isn't it possible that alot of the things in it were simply put there by greedy men and scared men? Who needed to believe in a reward for living good, even though being good simply for a reward isnt actually being good at all? As I said it's not my intention to put down a single religion since the religions are pretty much the same I guess you could ask the questions to the other ones as well, I simply put it to Christains as they would be the majority on this site




posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.



posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
my question for god
who created you
there has to be a begining for everything



posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeus187
 



Yes they both just joined today.

Maybe same person lol.

Anyway God has been personified by religion. It is not a person, a he or a she. It is an unnamed all, an energy etc. etc.



posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by shadow Clown
Questions for GOD


Questions for God can be directed to God Himself. If there's a problem with this connection, feel free to U2U me and I can try to help re-establish it.

"If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him." - James 1:5


Originally posted by shadow Clown
But why if only humans go to heaven would god create animals that we dont use in our everyday life?


Do only humans go to heaven?


Originally posted by shadow Clown
Were they merely for our amusment?


Doubtful. God has established intent in the actions we understand.


Originally posted by shadow Clown
If theres no chance of salvation for them when they die do they simply cease to exist?


Good question. I'd say doubtful, as we as humans have grown attachments to animals and would perhaps miss them in the afterlife. The afterlife to those who believe is total happiness, not partial.


Originally posted by shadow Clown
I mean animals do have emotions you see Mother dogs weeping when they have a stillborn, and out of all the billions of billions of stars and planets are humans really the only one?


I don't think humans are the only one. As you've implied, it'd be kind of pointless to therefore make billions and billions of starts. Early Europeans may have thought they were the only ones...but surprise, across that big expanse of ocean was an entirely new and different culture to them.


Originally posted by shadow Clown
And if you do believe in aliens, is it possible for them to go to heaven?


I don't see why not.


Originally posted by shadow Clown
I remember reading that Heaven has a specific size, sure its huge, but after a billion years of life across multiple planets wouldn't it start to get full?


If God created a huge universe, could He not also create a huge heaven? I think we're thinking too physical and limited here. Nothing is impossible for God and His Word says there was a great multitude that no one could count from every tribe and every tongue.


Originally posted by shadow Clown
Or is there multiple heavens for the different Species, but I always read there was one?


If there is peace as suggested in heaven, there's no reason to divide. As I've understood it, there's one heaven.


Originally posted by shadow Clown
And if there are infinite dimensions for infinite possibilities, wouldnt at least in one them GOD not exist?


We can be without God here on earth, "...without hope and without God in the world." - Ephesians 2:12


Originally posted by shadow Clown
I am by no means putting your religion down, I believe the ideals in it are very important, but isn't it possible that alot of the things in it were simply put there by greedy men and scared men?


Investigate it. Test everything, hold on to the good and know for sure. This creates a 'seeing faith' instead of a 'blind faith'.


Originally posted by shadow Clown
Who needed to believe in a reward for living good, even though being good simply for a reward isnt actually being good at all?


Most motivations for humankind are rooted in money, land, status, and other forms of hedonism. To do things that are good and selfless often take an effort to which someone else gets the reward. There's a lacking motivation for a believer to do good in this case for one's own personal gain.


Originally posted by shadow Clown
I simply put it to Christains as they would be the majority on this site


I don't think Christians are in a majority here, though would be welcomed to be shown otherwise. Christians tend to be vocal on some firm stances so longer threads are likely to have Christian representation. When I joined in...2005 (not sure of the year) I don't recall seeing any Christians on most threads.

These are all good questions. Important questions, and we should never stop seeking answers such as these. I don't have all the answers, but I know Who does.

[edit on 12-2-2009 by saint4God]



posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by eufoseekere
my question for god
who created you
there has to be a begining for everything


"He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End." - Revelation 21:6

The human laws we create such as "there has to be a beginning for everything" therefore does not apply.



posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zeus187
why do so many fools believe in you?


Even though people become believers, they're still humans.


Originally posted by Zeus187
and how many pages will this thread go?


My guess is three, God only knows.


Originally posted by Zeus187
lastly, did both these guys just sign up today?


No need to ask God about this one. The answer is easily obtained.

[edit on 12-2-2009 by saint4God]



posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
The Topic Is:

"Questions for GOD"

Please post On Topic, or not at all.

Administrative issues that are posted for drama purposes will be removed and the poster possibly warned.

Thank you

Semper



posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by eufoseekere
my question for god
who created you
there has to be a begining for everything


Who says there HAS to be a beginning?



posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
if something created God than something would of had to of created that something and something had to of created that something and so on and on and so on...

There is absolutely no logic to your God bashing.
Seriously though, trying to prove God doesnt exist sounds more absurd to me than someone trying to prove he does. I mean atleast we can all agree that the universe is a single something of all encompassing infinity that created us and inwhich we are of and share with all other life.

[edit on 20-2-2009 by Wisen Heimer]



posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Actually we really don't know if the universe is a "single something".....



posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by shadow Clown
But why if only humans go to heaven would god create animals that we dont use in our everyday life?


Because God resides in all life and experiences life through the material body. Therefore, even an insignificant animal is an interaction with God. Man just thinks that animals are to be devoured. In spiritual life, the body will not have need of devouring flesh.



Were they merely for our amusment?


Sometimes, yes the animals are for our amusement, entertainment, and some animals work for us. That is their labor and it is our task to feed them.



If theres no chance of salvation for them when they die do they simply cease to exist?


You have not differentiated between the animal and the human, for one feels and the other does not. You cannot tell the difference between outward emotion and inward feeling? This is the task of the God's who will divide and separate man from the animals.



And if you do believe in aliens, is it possible for them to go to heaven?


Why not concentrate on your own body of salvation before comparing yourself to other beings? The task is to examine yourself not something else.




I remember reading that Heaven has a specific size, sure its huge, but after a billion years of life across multiple planets wouldn't it start to get full?


Does your mind ever feel like it cannot contain any more? This is like God, for you are a node of your own higher self.



Or is there multiple heavens for the different Species, but I always read there was one? And if there are infinite dimensions for infinite possibilities, wouldnt at least in one them GOD not exist?


First you need to define what God is so that you can take him away.




I am by no means putting your religion down, I believe the ideals in it are very important, but isn't it possible that alot of the things in it were simply put there by greedy men and scared men? Who needed to believe in a reward for living good, even though being good simply for a reward isnt actually being good at all?


That is true and when one finds that the reward is purity for all then one has found the truth. Only the animals on this planet prey on each other. Set yourself above it.



As I said it's not my intention to put down a single religion since the religions are pretty much the same I guess you could ask the questions to the other ones as well, I simply put it to Christains as they would be the majority on this site


No matter what path you take, you should always find the link of the chain that binds things in unity for that is truth. What is wicked is division, or dividing, which is what is happening now. We are living in a world of cycles which seems benign, but in truth God made life to be eternal not cyclic.



posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Question to God: Why?

As far as the rest - I was taught that once animals die that was it. Sorry, no doggy heaven. I was also taught that humans on earth are the ONLY ones. there are no others.

My argument on the latter is this: If the Bible is the word of God, it is very obvious that it was written for the Earth and those on it. It does not cover life on another planet that I am aware of. My parents would say if there were people on another planet Jesus would have to go die for them too, but the Bible says he died once and for all mankind. I argued that mankind is on Earth and that human type of life else where would be called something else. It got a little deeper than that and kinda got my parents a little upset with me. So I would drop it.

Now, none of that matters to me anymore.



posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAbstract
 


The universe is ALL that exists. Someone "outside" of the universe would be part of the whole. So everything is one single thing. I mean, say you had 2 universes, those 2 would be the one that is everything. The universe is all that exists. What your talking about is the known universe. The the things we know to exists. Of course there are things beyond what we think we know.

And the bible was written by man. So obviously it is somewhat flawed. It is written in human language and written information can be and most likely will be distorted by the interpretation of the writer and even further distorted by the interpretation of the reader.

God would include ALL life. If there was life on another planet than it would also be part of God. Which is ALL life. Jesus was a human man. He was born a mortal man. He was definitly put here to guide the human race because he himself was homo sapien.

This is my interpretation. Religion and the bible do not define God or much of anything. People define those things themselvs and then think everyone else is wrong. Thats just how they read the information though. I think alot of people try to conform the meaning of the words to their original beliefs or what they want to believe. I mean the bible doesnt say # about homo sexuals yet youll hear some preacher saying it is clearly in there. Which it is not. Nothing is CLEARLY written in the bible.

[edit on 20-2-2009 by Wisen Heimer]



posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Hello Wiesen Heimer

You keep hitting your arrow right inside the target of the truth. God is self-caused; however, to time beings that sounds impossible. Understanding that God is self-caused also points directly to the truth of a universe that is divided into different modes of reality. Self causes do not exist in time. Your logic is perfect because the universe IS divided into 3 different realities with time/space being just one of them.

The study of reality as it pertains to the material and spiritual is called a cosmology, and the cosmology of the universe includes the study of mind and spirit as well as the matter which appears in space. Cosmology, a least a good one, studies how matter, mind, and spirit are related and balanced in creation.

The known universe to us is what our planetary science has learned. But as you suspect, the universe is so large it also contains similar worlds to our own who are much further ahead in their sciences, or in some cases, they have not caught up with us. I am not evangelizing about off-planet species, but pointing out to you and those on this thread, that the study of God leads to the discovery of men and angels everywhere. Time reality is limited; God’s reality is infinite (unlimited) and there is a universe at the center of all things that actually has the over control of the outlying space-time regions.

It is a pleasure to read you Wisen Heimer as I suppose from the evidence you have thought very hard about these things and you state them very well. I just wanted to affirm your statements. I have been granted a grand insight into these very problems myself and I still have to wrestle with the grandeur of creation being so immense it is overwhelming to the senses. Mind is about the only thing we possess that can imagine or begin to grasp what is ours to discover.

Ron

-------
WH wrote:
The universe is ALL that exists. Someone "outside" of the universe would be part of the whole. So everything is one single thing. I mean, say you had 2 universes, those 2 would be the one that is everything. The universe is all that exists. What your talking about is the known universe. The the things we know to exists. Of course there are things beyond what we think we know.

And the bible was written by man. So obviously it is somewhat flawed. It is written in human language and written information can be and most likely will be distorted by the interpretation of the writer and even further distorted by the interpretation of the reader.

God would include ALL life. If there was life on another planet than it would also be part of God. Which is ALL life. Jesus was a human man. He was born a mortal man. He was definitly put here to guide the human race because he himself was homo sapien.

This is my interpretation. Religion and the bible do not define God or much of anything. People define those things themselvs and then think everyone else is wrong. Thats just how they read the information though. I think alot of people try to conform the meaning of the words to their original beliefs or what they want to believe. I mean the bible doesnt say # about homo sexuals yet youll hear some preacher saying it is clearly in there. Which it is not. Nothing is CLEARLY written in the bible.



new topics

top topics



 
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join