It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new and possibly the best ghost footage on film

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Now thats friggin awesome!!!!!!!!!!! If thats real, thats the best footage ive ever seen.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
There is a thin piece of plastic or glass with a faded, blurry form drawn on it in black. The piece of plastic is then moved horizontally from left to right just in front of the lens.

It was pretty jarring and creepy when I viewed it the first time, however the tell-tale reflection of light on the clear plastic layer was a dead giveaway. Very simple and neat effect!

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Ok, i figured it out, yeah its definately a reflection, when the shadow figure moves into the doorway, it gets bigger, this is because the shadow is cast on a wall farther away, and then once it gets past the doorway, it gets normal size again. Clear evidence of a shadow cast from a figure behind the point of view.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DroolsAlot
Ok, i figured it out, yeah its definately a reflection, when the shadow figure moves into the doorway, it gets bigger, this is because the shadow is cast on a wall farther away, and then once it gets past the doorway, it gets normal size again. Clear evidence of a shadow cast from a figure behind the point of view.

exactly. This is the worst hoax attempt I have ever seen. It is obviously a shadow of someone behind her. Btw the girl sounds like she might be retarded. Maybe her brother was pulling a prank on her by finishing her jigsaw puzzles saying a ghost did it, then scared her from behind. Mean if you ask me. This is also the same paper who claim the little green men are flying over Athens.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by eufoseekere

So a slight bit of a shadow can be seen and everyone screams "BEST FOOTAGE EVER!?"

First off, there's a ton of photos and videos better than this... Plus, what's with the goofy unconvincing "oh my god?!" and the Kermit the frog voice? That just made it go from spooky to silly in a heartbeat...

The shadow does look pretty cool but it could be some sort of obstruction of the light with something translucent, its not a solid mass apparition that's for sure... Its pretty good for a ghost video off of a camera phone but its a far cry from best footage on film...

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
So i wasnt the only one who noticed Kermit was the cameraman.

I thought it said the 12 year old filmed it?

What 12 year old says "Mommy's room"?...i know i didnt.

CX

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I like the footage, good find.

I'd love to see a thread where people here can come up with thier best hoaxed footage, made by the members here.

Main reason for this, so many people cry hoax but never show how it's done.

Ok, you can say you do this and do that, but why not put up a vid and show us in detail. It would certainly get me more on the side of those who shout fake as soon as any shadow appears.

No of us were there, so can we really shout hoax? Not really.

Another thing, if it was not written in The Sun, would you believe it more then? I know this newspaper fills most of it's pages with rubbish, but not everything you read is fake.

CX.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Real of fake - that child had the pure fear of God in him! I HAVE FOUR BOYS. I know. Period. So if it is a hoax the kids arent in on it.

SICK!

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Great footage, Cheers.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I tend to agree with the sheet of plastic/glass theory, but the one problem I have with it is that the backside of the shadow seems to change shape a little as it moves. So it's not just a static image being moved across the field of the camera lens. I'm skeptic of it, but not enough to say it's undoubtedly a fake... yet.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Whether or not this vid is fake I don't know. When I was seven, my neighbor and I were playing in his basement and saw something just like this moving out of the shadows. You can't imagine the terror. Our screams scared the baby sitter upstairs so badly she started to cry. Lady was like 65...
My two bits.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
If that is real, I think it is most likely not a sentient ghost.

Seems like one of the ones that repeats their death over and over again.

The family should check to see if anyone has fallen to their death on the house's stairs in the past.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Would love to but ...guess what it is against the rules. However as it stands this is hoaxed. If people cannot recognize bright lights and reflections combined with someone walking through a movie light...then I can't help you. Please guys, you have an entire WORLD of info available to you. Before you jump on the"OMG ITS A GHOST!" bandwagon, research. This kind of tripe is why no one takes paranormal investigations seriously outside of the field. 15 y/o in a video prod class, that has access to lexan and a camera with a HP light..If i wouldn't get removed from these forums I would show you.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I watched it a few more times there and it's now quite apparent that he slides a translucent sheet across it's funny that something so simple left me puzzled for a while.

So I'm in agreement with the perspex or similar material with a dark smear on it and a definite hoax.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Clearly a hoax.

The manipulated adults voice to sound child-like is amusing. As others have said he comes out of character with the "Oh my god", just a tad.

When it's shown in slow motion listen to the voice slowed down....I believe THAT is closer to what the voice of the narrator really sounds like.

The light reflction at the very end gives the whole thing away. fine it on the wall, but when it moves left and gets bright and appears not to move deep into the back of the opened doored room, its a dead givawaye the is glass or plexi-glass, covering the front of the door,; as well as the entire scene where the "shadow is seen".

Also- The Sun

[edit on 12-2-2009 by Nola213]

CX

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by djvexd
reply to post by CX

Would love to but ...guess what it is against the rules. However as it stands this is hoaxed. If people cannot recognize bright lights and reflections combined with someone walking through a movie light...then I can't help you. Please guys, you have an entire WORLD of info available to you. Before you jump on the"OMG ITS A GHOST!" bandwagon, research. This kind of tripe is why no one takes paranormal investigations seriously outside of the field. 15 y/o in a video prod class, that has access to lexan and a camera with a HP light..If i wouldn't get removed from these forums I would show you.

I'm not entirely sure it is against the rules?

If the thread was entitled something like, "Post your best fake ghost footage efforts", surely that would be ok? As long as it is made clear that they are not real sightings.

Maybe a mod could clarify that? It would be a good education in what is possible when it comes to faking a sighting.

CX.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

CX please forgive me...I know I came off as arrogant. I apologize. The forum rules , as I read them states you cannot stage any type of hoax footage without being removed. I am sure if the mods agree it can be an exception. I am 32 and in 9 th grade I was in TV production till I graduated including summer school. We are talking Video Toaster technology,lol,god how old am I. This isn't even up to that. I did not mean to sound like an ass my friend. Although the"breeeeeeh" sounded loud and clear.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Yeah, it's fake but it's a bit of a laugh. Pity about the journalism - shows how bad the British press has become.

I like the idea of a hoaxes thread - so long as we state they are hoax, it shouldn't be a problem?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I honestly cant believe this video has gotten any form of praise,
listen to his voice, it sounds obvously changed, like he was trying to
sound like a little kid or something, for example try to make a muppit voice,
oh hey look, your a little kid now too!

I'm not normally one to be bluntly skeptic but come one guys.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join