It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People who have taken Iq tests in the past

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I am curious . I took an Iq test years ago, and scored a 154. I was probably about 22 then. Well I just took the test again, and now I scored a 125.
As we get older, is this is sign of the deteriorating brain? 125 is still good, but shows my mind is not as sharp as it used to be.

Here is a link to scores and meanings.

wilderdom.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Mine's changed, too, as has my husband's, but both were online tests, and... well, I'd trust an online test to tell me what color/rock band/Harry Potter character matches my personality best, but not to evaluate anything more important, frankly.

If it's not an online test score, though, I dunno. Brains do change as we get older, but what changes most, ime, is a person's concentration and focus. The older you get, the more worries distract you, and that will affect your score. Just a guess, though.

If we lose intelligence as we age, why does it seem like we become wiser over time?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
It is graded also on age. Look up IQ grades, like a 10 yr old with an understanding of a 14 will have an IQ of 140. so on and so on. thats how it was explained to me.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
[edit on 12-2-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

if you took an iq test years ago and got a score of 154 then you would be a certified genius!

If it was an internet iq test then its a load of bollocks as i took one and got 151 before and i certainly am not a genius.

You also get smarter the older you get.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

I've taken some in school and on my entry into the military but I don't remember the results as I can't remember it being important at the time.

This is a sign that the MSM is having the desired effect on you. The test actually provides an idea of how far you have been brainwashed with what the educational system calls information.

So, really as you get older you actually get stupider if you blindly follow what is being told to you by society. If you take their IQ test then this will indicate you've gotten smarter.

The educational system is only a means of indoctrination to prevent you from attaining the ability to think for yourself and prevent you from using reasoning. They want you to go with the popular opinion and stray away from being someone who believes in conspiracy theories. For this belief you are labeled loon and nobody will follow the loon mindset. Chalk one up for the conspiracy guy on space, he really labeled anyone who thinks differently.

If your an ATS member and believe in some of the things presented here, your more intelligent than the person who follows the MSM. If your score is actually going down using their test parameters, congratulations, your getting smarter and have proof...

Rgds

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I had a complete test (over 3 hours) when I was 17 and scored a 158. Knowing what I know now from life and experience 20 years later, I think the tests are not relevant and prove little if anything.
That's my 2 cents.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
i got a 145 on an internet test and my mouse wasn't even working right. i know i could've shaved off about 30 seconds or so. i think most of it was based on teh time spent taking it.

the test seemed pretty fair to me and i'd say it was fairly accurate as well. unless you think statements like..

what's the next object in this series

and

how many hotdogs can frank eat if ..

are somehow culturally biased and fed to you by MSM. honestly what does brainwashing have to do with IQ tests i don't get it? that seems a little paranoid to me.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
in my first try i got 138 :p pretty low but hey! it was in a foreign language (English) ^_^, then, after a few years, I got a lower score (126)

It seems Jack Daniels and Coca Cola are eating my brains out

one thing about IQ tests are the number sequences part, that shouldnt really tell us how smart we are cuz thats something we are thought.. the shapes secuences are a better way to determine your intelligence in my opinion

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Those tests don't measure intelligence. They measure how obeying you are, how well you follow the "logic" that is "certified" by the authorities and/or "science" and "culture".

I remember when I was doing those tests, some questions had 2 solutions, of which those who "created" them were not aware.

Intelligence is creativeness. Intelligence deals with uncertainty by creating its own certainty, not by attempting to recognize the given patterns.

Most of those IQ tests measure other things, like your character, biases, general knowledge, etc. The solution to one of the questions was only possible to find if you knew Pythagoras's Theorem.

Those tests can also give important information to their creators about how manipulative you are. I'd be very careful when allowing someone to test me like this.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
They made us take an IQ test when I was in 5th grade. They made all of us take one. I scored 162. They wanted to put me in the GATE program, but those programs are a load and I said that I wasn't all that into it. They didn't care because I wasn't the most adored student while I was in school. Teacher's never really enjoyed my presence.

They made me take one again in high school, two years ago when I was 16. I scored a 165. I was even LESS popular with the staff in this high school but they found this as evidence enough that they should screw around with my credits long enough to keep me doing standardized tests.

All in all, I really don't think that the IQ test is a real measure of anyone's actual intelligence. Being able to follow a pattern or figure out some silly little logic doesn't actually make someone a smarter person. It's really just a test to see HOW WELL you are able to follow rules.

But there are people like me, who have the ABILITY to be a sheep, but have the presence of mind to keep themselves from devolving like the rest of the sheeple.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
what are you people complaining about? it's just a stupid test. no one is breaking your knuckles about it.

what would you rather they do? tell you to write a song or a poem? draw us a picture?

the IQ test isn't meant to be important to people who fall into the 90-150ish range. that's where most people will be. it's important to know if your kid is going to be mozart or if he's better suited to be placed in a rock garden.

obviously most people will be in the middle, it's not important.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
the modern IQ test is strongly based around eugenics.

i wouldn't take anything too seriously devised by scholars that had an agenda.

smash the system.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine
I am curious . I took an Iq test years ago, and scored a 154. I was probably about 22 then. Well I just took the test again, and now I scored a 125.
As we get older, is this is sign of the deteriorating brain? 125 is still good, but shows my mind is not as sharp as it used to be.

IQ tests are a bit subjective, and some are considered better than
others by dealing with abstracts vs. rote learning by knowing
textbooks verbatim.

What can happen as we get older is we do not keep going with
higher education to higher and higher levels.

So we do not chase the intellectual dragon so to speak.

We stop and we take up a repetitive job doing something over and
over to pay the bills, feed the kids, and so on.

I personal think you still have the capacity to learn more and
are still as intelligent as you were then, just that they feel you
should keep up with the joneses so to speak.

new topics

top topics

join