It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Mexican island fuels mystery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Missing Mexican island fuels mystery

www.energy-daily.com

Lawmakers in Mexico are trying to determine the whereabouts of island central to the country's oil claims, which appears literally to have dropped off the map about 10 years ago.

Bermeja island in the Gulf of Mexico -- a strategic marker defining US and Mexican maritime and subsea rights -- has disappeared along with documents backing up a bilateral treaty on major oil reserves in the area, fueling rumors of a CIA plot.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Islands come and go all the time.Global warming, earthquakes all could be involved.Even the coast lines of continents change over time.

I find it interesting that the last time this island was seen was 10 years ago.Many major hurricanes have came through this area off the gulf in the past 10 years and could have just blew it away.

www.energy-daily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Its mostly poor on the Central American's part...I mean...if it was such an important island, why did they lose track of it so easily.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Nick_X

who said anything about central America?
two lines

[edit on 2/12/2009 by Daedalus24]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
People think it's a CIA plot?

The CIA has done a great deal of unspeakable things. Disappearing islands is probably not one of them. Maybe they've got David Copperfield working for them now?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Islands can be covered up sure.
But why cant they find it with sonar or geological survey planes?
I find it interesting its that specific Island that relates to the oil treaty.
And what about those documents?
Sounds a little to convenient to me, it depends on what sort of Island it is I guess.
If its a man made island it could be easily enough removed.
If it was a natural formation then I guess it would be a monumental task to remove it.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
The Mexican government really seems on the ball! "Aye caramba!" Where'd that island go? It was there yesterday.. Somebody must have taken it! It must have been the CIA. LOL

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

If you read the article properly, the Island disappeared in the 90's.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
If it disappeared in the 90's then isn't it likely there is some satellite imagery stored somewhere? Might narrow down the date it went missing, and even if it happened overnight or took a while.

I think the article said 31 sq miles, thats not a small mound of sand and a palm tree! Wonder how substantial it was?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Surely someone has a latitude and longitude on this location. That's all they need.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation

The CIA has done a great deal of unspeakable things. Disappearing islands is probably not one of them. Maybe they've got David Copperfield working for them now?

can you help us to understand your statement by explaining to us your knowledge of the probability as to whether they would or wouldn't be involved?

kthnx.

-

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
John Lock turned the key and the island moved.

-

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation

I blame Bush. for such a stupid man,he supposedly orchestrated 9/11, fooled everyone into invading iraq/afghanistan, supposedly hates black people *dont tell condi or colin powell* and hates America. and now he stole an island and pulled a david copperfield. this mans amazing!

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I stole it, it's mine and Im not giving it back!

My Island! MINE!

I moved it to central Siberia where I shall start an evil empire I shall call this empire RICOLA and my first evil deed will be to take away everyone's cough drops! MU HU AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA AH!

Or in reality, a hurricane wiped out the island.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Its no big deal.....John Locke just had to move the island in order to save all the castaways from Oceanic Flight 815.

new topics

top topics

join