It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clues to the next terrorist attack in "A Beautiful Mind"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mepatriot
GREAT !!! looking forward to your feedback after you've seen it again. Rent the DVD so you can "still pause" and enlarge when he (Crowe) is having these epiphanies, O.K.?

Thanks for the link on The DaVinci Code. I'm going to go read up about it now.

FWIW, I've been told it is a good ides to read angels & demons first

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Angels & Demons- The Prolouge to The DaVince Code (in case anyone was unsure about why it was referenced to be read first.)

Well, I came home planning on watching A Beautiful Mind, but instead wound up watching the modern day Hamlet (WONDERFUL movie! So much better than the modern day Romeo and Juliet) and now I'm watching Zoolander. Sad eh?

Oh,, and a note- EastCoastKid....I love your avatar

[Edited on 4-15-04 by Scat]

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Thanks Titian,

So it looks like "Wheeler Labs" may have been a complete cover for the fact that he actually worked for the Trilateral Commission/CFR-linked, pro-globalist, Rand Corporation....

Good to know...

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I just came across something else we should probably look into. In the movie, Nash is portrayed as having been abducted by what he believed were KGB operatives at a mathematics conference (Oct. '54??) at Harvard. Could this be checked out?? Does anybody live in the Boston vicinity who might be able to see if there is any record of such a conference, or anything in police blotters of local papers during that time, etc?? This could be a clue to cracking what really happened to Nash.

I will be away until Monday afternoon, so those who are watching the movie this weekend...never fear...I'll be back!!

(Don't thank me for the warning.) lol

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
remember, "A Beautiful Mind" was just a *movie*.

It elided and compressed at least 10 years of his life.

In reality: there is no "Wheeler Labs" in Boston. It was an invention for the movie. Wheeler worked at Princeton. In the Boston area there is Draper Labs and MITRE.

In reality: Nash had at least 10 years of productive work between graduating at Princeton and going crazy.

In reality: He worked at I think MIT, New York's Courant Institute, and RAND corp in Santa Monica, where he was also supposedly busted for "solicitation" with a vice cop. (i.e. the euphemism for "gay cruising").

In reality: during this interval he fathered a kid and abandoned the (working class) mother.

In reality: Nash's political delusions were entirely UNLIKE those portrayed in the movie. He was not a super patriot, but more an anti-government rambling delusional lunatic. No evidence that he had an "imaginary friend" like in the movie. Those were choices of the writers and directors to make a good story for 2001.

Yes, it is true that as a schizophrenic, he would would be different than most 17 year old newly diagnosed patients. His problems developed later and he was far more intelligent and insightful than most and hence had some level of self awareness. He later credited his "remission" not really because the problems had gone away that much, but because of his consistent application of internal mental discipline to recognize and ignore the disturbing thoughts.

Unfortunately in the 1980's and 1990's when he was better, he was far behind the actual state of the art in his fields and hasn't contiributed significantly in a scientific sense.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
....but was just given a Nobel Prize, just because??

I appreciate your interest in this thread, I really do, but I'm not sure you took the time to read it all. Most of what you wrote was already covered. I know that a lot of the fictional elements are as you described, and I am not taking issue with the director's cinematographical license.

I think the invention of "Wheeler Labs" instead of using the actual Rand Corporation may be inciteful, however, insofar as Rand is known for it's globalist perspectives and connections to the Trilateral Commission/CFR, et al.

To me this is a "fictional element" that may have been more purposeful, as many know what the real Rand Corporation stands for...

Keep digging. If this topic interests you, we would appreciate your future insights.

TIA.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousPoster4
Sorry, but this thread is just dumb.

Deduct points, or do whatever, but someone had to say it.

You are an idiot for even replying in this manner.
=======================================

Back to topic.

I have not seen the film, but I will now.
There are several films that have hidden messages. Eyes Wide Shut is one that comes to mind. Some people say it contains info about the NWO conspiracy. Whether it does or doesn't, I don't know..I haven't seen it either. I hate Tom Cruise with a passion.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Yes, I haven't seen that one yet either, but I'm planning to do so. Others people have told me to check out include "2001: A Space Odyssey" which I saw years and years ago, but need to watch again, and a more obscure film called "Being There" w/Peter Sellers.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
you know mepatriot you are a genius. when i saw this movie it had conspiracy written all over. i soon realized that schizos arent just crazy people. but GENIUSES. they have advanced thinking in certain areas that most ''normal people'' dont bother looking into. once again thanks for posting this. ill be back on this thread later. teachers buggin!@

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Actually, I know I'm not a genius (I've seen my IQ reports from grade school--and they're not that high) but I thank you for your kind comments and I definitely look forward to any follow-on feedback you may come up with.

TIA.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by mepatriot
Crowe/Nash is told by his OSS/CIA handler to decode information in popular magazines pertaining to Russian codes for routing instructions on the pre-positioning of nuclear devices on US soil....
Nash has several epiphanies during the film when information he is looking at is magnified and highlighted and cimetagraphically lifted off the page in brilliant light for us to see....

Well, we watched A Beautiful Mind last night. It was a very good movie and I plant to track down the book--to get a little more truth. I figure Hollywoood took some liberty with the truth.
I did notie that George F Will reviewed the movie. Which I found even stranger when it said George Will, Newsweek on the VHS cover.

RE: his "handler" --- that was all his delusion?? right??
And, the dissolvable implant was also delusional??
Is this Hollywood or is it part of what he really "experienced"?

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Yes....George Will's endorsement/review is very strange given that he is a political analyst for the Trilateral Commission. That was one of the first very odd things about this movie that piqued my interest and forced me to take a harder look.

Paul Wellstone's subsequent death was also odd, in that he was a very big promoter of aid for schizophrenics and makes his appearance prominently in the "extras" to the DVD version before getting whacked.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Be careful today everyone.

Today is a numeroloical feast for the demons who control this government:

1. 911 days from 9/11/01 today.
2. 911 hours from the train attacks in Spain as today began.
3. 9/11 years since OKC/Waco.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Did anyone get an opportunity to watch/rewatch the movie over the weekend?? TIA

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 02:14 AM
link   
that movie rules, imgetting angels & demons this week from my teacher at school, shes strongly suggesting i read it. as for the movie! therse conspiracy written all over!

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   
What happened to all of you ATSers who said you were going to watch them movie and report back??

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by titian
Not much online about Wheeler. I found this in a movie review (I know ....)

"Nash gets a professorship at Wheeler Labs, a branch of MIT that is involved in defense work for the military. There he meets future wife Alicia (Connelly), and, after displaying his natural talents at code-breaking to Pentagon bigwigs, is drawn into a dark and dangerous world of counterespionage."

URL: www.cs.uu.nl...

Affirmative on Nash working for Rand. I wonder if they decided to introduce Alicia to him to control him? (Like the chick who meets Frank Sinatra's character in "The Manchurian Candidate?") It's definitely worth looking into. I think there's alot more to what Mr. Nash knows than we have any concept of.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scat

Oh,, and a note- EastCoastKid....I love your avatar

[Edited on 4-15-04 by Scat]

Thanks, man. I thought it was sufficiently creepy - for those who've accused me of being Illuminati!

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
To the watchers.. Being all knowing is not necessarily the same as being Illuminati.

Seriously though, Megapatriot - I've been out of town, I will watch the movie again and get back to you. Perhaps the movie was shot to discredit the idea that Nash actually did have minders and deep nuke knowledge (concerning the USA)? That makes sense. So it could be sheer propaganda. Notice when it came out - around the same time Nash was awarded the Nobel prize. Lots of attention being shed on him again.

[Edited on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I gave this thread a vote of 10, also. It's an interesting subject and has stood now for weeks. I'd like to see the conversation continue on as people re-watch the movie, as I plan to.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join