It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Darwin day!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Yep its official the wondrous day has finally arrived, I know when I think of those happy little faces in the morning waking to see whats under the Darwin tree, the house will once again be filled with the holiday sounds of joy and laughter. And dont forget about those special songs sung by the open fire, songs like "Oh Darwinian, Oh Darwinian" and who can forget the children's favorite, "Oh come all ye Monkeys" many other yuletide classics!

Yes think of me kicking back, sipping the yearly nog and just celebrating what it means to be human, and as I reflect on the long journey we have made, I will send a little prayer out to all of my BTS family that you too will be blessed on this most important holiday! Have a wonderous and joyful day!

MERRY DARWIN DAY BTS!!!

www.darwinday.org...

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Ah come on guys, why so serious??? :w:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Happy Darwin day to you too

And many more to come....

#We wish you a merry Darwin, we wish you a merry Darwin....#

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Here's tipping me nog to ye on this fine and glorious morn!

And a fine song indeed!!!

Or how about "Cheeky the Red Nosed Monkey"

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Why thank you... I'm tucking into a mince pie right now

Good choice in song too...

I'm singing it as i write.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

No problem, I am cutting out the little jungle shaped cookies as we speak. The amoeba ones are a little hard to do, but hey after i did the stardust cookies last year these should be a breeze, you know cookie making at the holidays are always an evolving process of live and learn!

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Brilliantly funny and at the same time a worthwhile proposal.

Considering the man has put us in touch with our roots/origins we owe him more then a birthday celebration once every 200 years? Maybe there should be an international holiday in his honor? We celebrate Jesus/Santa's b-day every year and yet we have the date wrong.

Now as for a tradition/ritual i think a good place to start would be Festivus, billboards and we can 'evolve' from there.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by The All Seeing I]

new topics

top topics

join