It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone explain this for me please?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   

So what we have above is the moon hit by an asteroid or some object.
What strikes me is that when you see a bomb mark on earths surface all you get is a hole, where the surrounding soil has risen.
Why is it that on the moon you get a great hill right in the middle of the crater?
Forgive for being a skeptic on this but i do not think i fully understand this.

I feel its quite unnatural to have this behavior even when considering that the moon has a weaker gravitational field. Could it just be that the moons surface is too sandy?
Anyway i think some knowledgeable people will help me understand this as being natural. -Awaiting.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

question 2

why is part of this negative replaced?

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
This may help:

The distinctive mark of an impact crater is the presence of rock that has undergone shock-metamorphic effects, such as shatter cones, melted rocks, and crystal deformations. The problem is that these materials tend to be deeply buried, at least for simple craters. They tend to be revealed in the uplifted center of a complex crater, however.

From Wikipedia

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Old Indian MSS talk of when the moon was being mined. You can find a tall pillar in India today made from Iron that will not rust that could only have come from there. It is just apart of the an old cover up. The MSS talk of a war with Rama on the moon. Some spots are so hot that they could only be made by nukes. Some other interesting points about the moon.
1). Pictures of where water ran on the moon.
2). Pictures of clouds seen on the moon at times.
3). Pictures etc. of what prove a slight atmosphere.
4). No one jumped over 18 Inch. when on the moon. Due to the location of the point of where the earths pull ends and the moons pull starts. The math works out to a gravity of around 60% of the earths clearly not 20%.
5). The soil is good for growing plants.

I wonder if this was once a living world that was grossly altered at Adams curse as to lose all life. The same I could say for Venus as it once had water but with Mars It was clearly one.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunson

ok then!
lets play a game!
what are the hidden differences between the craters A & B, C, D?

Once you recognise the main difference why should it be in the first place?
Beats me!

Edit: use right click-show image.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/589381a6741a0eca.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 9/3/2009 by GEORGETHEGREEK]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Heres the problem that i see. They do seem to look like hills or raised portion on the moon. The only problem is the lack of shadow. If this is a hill than why does it not have a shadow? Craters would have a shadow outside of the rim consider its a deprssion. but thats only my opinion.

Peace!

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Something else I notice while going through the images in the site is that the dome looking mounds have a shadow that seems very shap. Meaning it doesnt fade with the light. If you notice the other depressions and raised portions have a faded shadow. But the mounds seem to be crisp, as if metal source.

Peace!

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

All of those craters looked like they had some sort of geologic structure in their centers, but I know there are craters that do not, so I get your point...

...I suppose the differences could be due to many factors, such as the make-up of the moon in that local area, the speed of the projectile (not all meteors are traveling the same speed), the composition of the projectile, and the angle which the projectile hit the moon.

Obviously not all craters look alike, probably because the details surrounding their creation were different.

[edit on 3/9/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
If you check out the following coords in google earth you will find very similar craters on earth....

37° 2'3.58"N 116° 1'12.77"W

Maybe this is coincidence?

new topics

top topics

join