It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

any buckethead fans in the house

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
sorry if this is a duplicate thread. i thought i had one but just looked for it and could not find it.
anyway i think buckethead is the premier active guitarist playing today. i don't think anyone can hold a candle to him. his tone and his technique is off the charts. his sweep picking is amazing and so is his tapping. also he is not just a shredder. there are tons of videos of him on youtube especially if you search 'buckethead deli creeps. it pulls up some stuff of his from like early 91 and he was rockin the block back then.
imo he is the best thing going for the electric guitar right now and i would love to see him join the g3. that would be amazing

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
i love BH!
been listening to the man since the early 90's!
i'd like to know what all other projects he's secretly involved in?

my good friend saw him play a gig in northern cali here and said it was the best show he's ever seen! we're talking about a 45 year old guitar loving, music loving man. i've never heard him talk so highly about any performance. period.

rock on chicken bucket hat wearing super fast finger board licking afro man!

[edit on 2/11/2009 by zooplancton]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Yeah, I like him. A lot of his stuff with Bernie Worrell is great.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Buckethead is by far my favorite artist today. He is simply amazing with the guitar and I cant get enough of his stuff.

He gets almost no recognition but people really should listen to his music its the #!

Check out this song if you want to hear some top notch guitar skills.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
soothsayer rocks. i like padmasana. he is just an amazing guitarist and he was killer when he was young too. i am dying to see if he takes his mask off one day. there are so many videos on youtube of him it is hard to watch them all. of course jordan is one of my favorites too.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by thing fish
soothsayer rocks. i like padmasana. he is just an amazing guitarist and he was killer when he was young too. i am dying to see if he takes his mask off one day. there are so many videos on youtube of him it is hard to watch them all. of course jordan is one of my favorites too.

Ya the young buckethead DVD's were pretty cool and your right there is so much buckethead material it would be hard for anyone to see it all.

I agree Padmasana is great I put it on when I just need to relax for a bit. Electric tears is a great CD to put on when you just want to chill out.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
have you checked out acoustic shards? absolutely amazing. just the bucket on the acoustic....fantastic music

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
"colma" is a nice little mellow album quite different from his normal cadence. check it out sometime...

i remember bootsie collins on one of his albums - buckethead land? giant robot? can't remember. got to see him in the mid-90's in denver with primus. super funny show. he comes out with numbchucks and whips it up with them and a guitar solo.

but check out colma sometime. it's a nice mellow listen.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I have both Acoustic Shards and Colma on my Zune, both great CDs. Colma is def a top one for me.

Here is some great quility video of Buckethead on PBS Sound Stage check it out if you have some time.

This song is Nasty! ODB Tribute

[edit on 13-2-2009 by TooManyHumans]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
that vid of him on the pbs sound stage was nice
he is so friggin amazing. i wish he got more recognition

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
come on man.
anyone else digging on the bucket? the more i watch/listen to him the more i am amazed by his virtuosity on the guitar. he has all the techniques down like they're gravy and they're definatley not.

new topics

top topics

join