It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's with all the Obama love?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I have been a member of this site for about 2 years now and generally it has been fairly pleasant hearing opinions from people who are untrusting and seek the truth behind all the dis-info. It stayed that way until we got ourselves a new president. Now I want you all to know that I hated Bush when that guy threw the shoe not only did I hope that it would hit him I hoped that it would somehow kill him and I hated bush long before he became the man. I read many articles claiming that there was some secret shadow governemnt behind everything and I agreed because I think it's true, makes more scence that way. There was a lot of this "Oh Bush is just a puppet and things will never change, and it doesn't really matter who gets elected they are all the same guy", I agree, they are all the same guy! They wouldn't get elected if they were different, they wouldn't be in the running at all if they were different, hell you have to sell your soul to even get into the club. But then... Obama became the man and everything changed. I read the threads and realized that it wasn't a conspiracy site anymore it was a pro Obama rally, it was all this, "the King is dead, long live the King" crap so my question is.... WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE???!!!!. Is that all they had to do to get you guys to conform? Give you the illusion of change? Is that it? "Well we will elect this Black guy and that will make them think that they have really gained some ground and that they, really did something amazing then they will shut up and we can go about our plans without further irritation". It seems most of you bought it hook line and sinker. So please tell me I'm wrong, please tell me you aren't so easily persuaded. Obama is no different then Bush people he is the face of the same monster.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
He's a hood from the hood ... slick line nothing behind except ... Rockfeller I dont think he needs anything else. check out who owns his mansion in Chicago.. need anyone say anything more.... R - I - Z - Z - O is his name 'O bam A' , just watch what happens when his song and dance turns to he really has to do something... and watch out... he is trying to come off as one of us... but I dont see it ....
and I wish he would respect the dress code of the office.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I have found out that there are a lot of far left people on this site. Obama is far left, despite what anybody tries to tell you the man is far left.

The only logical reason I can come up with is that their liberals and now that 'their guy' is in office he is going to save the world.

A lot of people drank the kool-aid and I see a lot of worship going on and to be honest it is down right concerning.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I'm not going to give you a litney of all the things I have seen that makes me still happy with Obama. In fact, I wish he would slow down because he is going to get himself hurt like JFK and MLK and Bobby. Too many tards out there that can't stand a good thing.

I'm sure you can find some Obamaphiles out here to feed into your point.
I voted for Huckabee in the Florida Primary...just in case he had a chance and would just maybe, try and kill the IRS. I didn't throw away a vote on Ron Paul because he hasn't been able to reach critical mass with the public.

You see my friend, its cool to have radical views but as long as you balance it with a dose of reality....For example; saying Bush and Obama are the same people but with a different mask on...or something like that......that is radical CT crazy talk. If you want to rephrase it like......
both Bush and Obama are confronted with Washington politics and have to deal with the good and the bad in people that are greedy sociopaths and are set in their ways of doing things and care more about keeping their jobs then they do about any statesmanship.....well then that might sound sane.
I'm still honeymooning with this POTUS because I never had a chance to with any other one. Clinton at the start of his 2nd term but that was because I was loving the status quo at the time and life was a breeze compared to how it is now.....I don't care if he sat around doing his cigar thing all day, life was good and if he was just my mythical rabbit's foot then cool. I don't have expectations of Presidents because they never did anything in my lifetime that I could say..."woah, good President move"
...I gave Gorby credit for the Berlin Wall by the way. I wasn't alive when JFK saved us from WWIII in Cuba...notwithstanding Lemay's efforts...or was Rumsfeld behind that too?

Obama has the potential to be the greatest President in my lifetime....and I am wise enough to enjoy it while it unfolds.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BornPatriot

Obama is a "made man" from the CFR indeed.

I wonder how many trouble the NSA had with securing his blackberry

people are brainwashed, just look around you.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

However annoying the Obama worshippers may be, at least they aren't making racial references like "kool-aid".

To the OP. Are you so uncreative you couldn't have posted in another hate Obama thread?

The first 20 that pop up in search could suffice...

But I agree the Obama worshippers can be rather annoying.....try living with some

[edit on 11-2-2009 by NativeAmerican]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Well, I originally joined ATS many years ago, around '03, was active until about '07, and recently joined again after lurking for the time in between. Probably one of the reasons I originally joined was because the Bush Admin. scared the crap out of me. I'm not going to get into it-but there was definately many who shared my opinon and pointed things out to me I had not thought of but yet solidified my view.
Fast forward to '08/'09 and now Obama is the target-In fact, it was strange to me to see so many far right-wingers on the site.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by thereallgone
There was a lot of this "Oh Bush is just a puppet and things will never change, and it doesn't really matter who gets elected they are all the same guy", I agree, they are all the same guy! They wouldn't get elected if they were different, they wouldn't be in the running at all if they were different, hell you have to sell your soul to even get into the club. But then... Obama became the man and everything changed. I read the threads and realized that it wasn't a conspiracy site anymore it was a pro Obama rally, it was all this, "the King is dead, long live the King" crap so my question is.... WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE???!!!!.

Even though I can't put a finger on what kind of person Obama really is,
I have to agree that your concern is very valid. If Bush was a puppet of
the shadow government, just like most other presidents, then it seems
very unlikely that Obama is for real, that Obama really has the desire or
power to bring positive change to America.

Either way, McCain would have been a far worse choice, but in the end
it may not matter very much, if the shadow government is still in control.
Although there is always the possibility that a force of Light is breaking
the power of the shadow government behind the curtains, that maybe
Obama is the first true president.. I don't know.

Either way you are quite right in your line of thought. I have pondered
along this line for a while myself. My psychic friends though tell me that
Obama's soul is black, just as every other politician in the world that has
a position of real power.. they say darkness still rules the world's politics.

We'll see what the future brings I guess, it is too soon to judge Obama.

[edit on (11/2/09) by Wehali]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Damn people I don't hate Obama I was just wondering why a conspiracy site has sort of jumped ship. I don't really like the way the government is and you can't just jump in to the top seat without selling something of yourself. Also the moment we all relax and say "well it's alright now" the faster things go downhill, like the whole Bush thing. I just ask for the same scrutiny that we had before, and that seems like it's not going to happen. This is a conspiracy site after all we shouldn't really cheer for anyone, sort of the nature of the game if you understand... Do you?

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by NativeAmerican

Racist???????

Umm, no the phrase 'drinking the Kool-aid' has nothing to do with race.

That little remark brings up another lead into the Obama love. It seems if you disagree with them your 'racist.'

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by NativeAmerican

that phrase has to do with the jim jones cult. drinking kool aid has to do with cult behavior. many feel obama is a cult figurehead, whos only draw is the media concocted cult of personality, devoid of any real substance or real change. they see his followers as "kool aide drinkers"

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   

The drink kool-aid is known to many as the "drink of the ghetto" and is used a lot in racial jokes. I never called you a racist. I wouldn't call you a racist if I didn't know you and I don't know you. I'm not an idiot. All I said was that it was a racial reference.

maochan.wordpress.com...

www.urbandictionary.com...

answers.yahoo.com...

I personally have never heard that phrase before when talking about a president. Then I suddenly hear it brought up during our first black president and given it's context....what am I to expect? A racial reference.

According to the above poster it's a jonestown reference...so whatever...I had never heard it. My bad then.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I would not actually cal it love.
I prefer to see the desperate need for a leader to eventually take care of his people. That s what Obama represents.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
I have found out that there are a lot of far left people on this site. Obama is far left, despite what anybody tries to tell you the man is far left.

The only logical reason I can come up with is that their liberals and now that 'their guy' is in office he is going to save the world.

A lot of people drank the kool-aid and I see a lot of worship going on and to be honest it is down right concerning.

Yes, he is far left, in some of his stances, but he is also a pragmatist. And guess what? The far left doesn't like that he's a pragmatist. (Far left here). But I also understand the merits of being a pragmatist. It's what makes sense and practical that matters.

And trust me, the love for Obama on the Left is no different than the love that the far right had for G.W. Bush. The Far right had and still has an unrealistic view of the effectiveness of George Bush's presidency.

Some of the mania around Obama could be that he exudes a confidence and an air of leadership. We live in crappy times and people have hope that he can bring us out of this mess. In times of crisis, we turn to our leaders to guide us.

You gotta realize too that he IS the first Black President. That means a lot to people of color, especially those who were around during the Civil Rights era.

Also, I find it offensive that someone would call me a "kool aid drinker" because I support my president.

[edit on 11-2-2009 by its bologna]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Really? I find there to be a lot more conservatives.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Oh..and a lot of women think he's nerdy sexy..I think he's nerdy sexy too.

Added another line.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by its bologna

What has he been pragmatic about? Nothing to the best of my knowledge. The only people that call him pragmatic are the liberal news media. Examples, to deal with a financial crisis a month in office he is pushing to pass what amounts to a trillion dollar "stimulus" even though all prior history tells us this is the wrong thing to do. Or how about lets close Gitmo with nowhere to put the prisoners. Let's suspend trials of terrorist that are sitting in Gitmo. What people are calling pragmatic I call idiotic.

I have seen no leadership from him. He passed this stimulus off to Reid and Pelosi to get it done. Then he wasn't even able to reach across the isle to make in a bi-partisan bill in fact the only bi-partisan activity was votes against the bill in the house. Then they take the 3 most far left RINO's in the senate and made a deal with them to pass this horrendous bill. In fact they even wheeled in Ted Kennedy just in case they needed an extra vote to get it passed. Some leadership he has shown.

There is a difference between supporting a president and spouting off liberal talking points in which you have done.

Even more of the evidence of the love affair for Obama is that if this was Bush trying to pass this 'stimulus' bill all the current people that support it would be dead set against it, but because it is Obama it's okay.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
While we are on the subject of Obama Love

The Love for him these days has gotten out of control in my opinion.

What say you?

Enjoy!

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Even more of the evidence of the love affair for Obama is that if this was Bush trying to pass this 'stimulus' bill all the current people that support it would be dead set against it, but because it is Obama it's okay.

Exactly, they're blinded to what's going on. This common liberal mentality is, whatever Bush did was bad, whatever a liberal does we are all for because you know since Bush was evil anyone on the other side must be an angel. These are the same people that vote left all across the board on election day without looking into each candidate.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
We should be happy Romney or some nut didn't win...Obama will do for now...Frankly, although Im not happy with all his decisions so far- I do support him..He's not Bush. He's actually trying to rebuild the nation, rather than sell us out.

Enough with the love/hate obama posts as well...Everyday theres a new one stacked on top of the fake alien stories, 2012 theories, and nibiru theories....

It's too late, he's president...get over it

[edit on 2/11/2009 by AceOfAces]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join