It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary’s incredible, shrinking role

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
It seems that people close to Obama are busy grabbing roles that typically the Secretary of State would be in charge of, leaving Hillary in charge of what exactly?

editorial article

Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton is finding that her job description is dissolving under her feet, leaving her with only a vestige of the power she must have thought she acquired when she signed on to be President Obama’s chief Cabinet officer.

No fan of Hillary, but for this she gave up a Senate seat?

[edit on 2/11/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
She got the title and the jump in line to POTUS. Secretary of State is closer than NY Senator. But you are right - she took a drop in responsibilty because all of Obama's crowd are scarfing up a lot of what other Secretary of States have done.

I think Hillary could have done the job of POTUS or VP just fine.

Hillary was given the Secretary of State job to appease those who wanted her as POTUS - IMHO. From his point of view Obama is being smart in not letting her have too much power. She'd overshadow him very quickly.

[edit on 2/11/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

That's what I was thinking.

Obama is using the old "keep your friends close and your enemies closer" approach.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
It's hard to believe she'll be the "New White Rice" as Jay Leno put it. The title of this thread makes me laugh anyway. I think her husband might get a chuckle also.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
It's funny that people here take notes from Dick Morris. Give me a break here. These delegated responsibilities were the result of discussions between Obama and Clinton before she accepted the job. Clinton made it clear during her Presidential campaign that this is what she would like to do in the State Department. So, no, Clinton's role in the State Department is not shrinking, it has only just begun. You don't send the Secretary of State to the Middle East the first week on the job. You need to send an envoy to gather information, and lay down the framework for a later visit from the Secretary.

Once again, people on this forums prove themselves ignorant. Not surprising as the source is an article from Dick Morris.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterRegal
It's funny that people here take notes from Dick Morris. Give me a break here.

What's the problem with Dick Morris? You know, the former Clinton advisor and confidant?

Is your comment due to the fact that Morris later changed his mind about the Clintons?

Maybe Morris knows something more about this than you do?

[edit on 2/14/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Morris and his wife have been making money off slandering the Clintons for years! Hilary has one of the most important jobs in this country! I fear she is not equipted but hope she mends fences around the world.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I saw this article a few days back. It makes me smile! How ironic that Hillary is reduced to this now...I think it is fate playing big time. Obama is not my hero...but he has got to watch his back when it comes to Billary.
Remember during the election when she was talking about how JFK took the big bullet? Well Obama is shrewd. Keep your friends close...and you enemys closer!

[edit on 14-2-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by MasterRegal
It's funny that people here take notes from Dick Morris. Give me a break here.

What's the problem with Dick Morris? You know, the former Clinton advisor and confidant?

Is your comment due to the fact that Morris later changed his mind about the Clintons?

Maybe Morris knows something more about this than you do?

You bet Morris knows more about the Clintonistas! He is still alive...look at all those around the Clintons who have kicked the bucket! Of course I am not implying that Hillary is an angry woman...stuck in the public spotlight while her philandering ex pres hubbie raoms the world with Ron Burkle.
There are pleny of new paper article out there to do that for me!

new topics

top topics

join