It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fighting that "burnt-out" sensation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Today, I find myself in a far different position than I found myself in November of 2002. That era of my life, I would say, denoted the peak of my research into esoterica and most of the stuff dicussed here. Chances were, if you saw me behind a computer and were able to see what I was looking at before I alt-tabbed it outta there, you'd see me looking at someone's take on underground bases, mind control, occult weapons of war (aircraft, particle beams, etc), 911, NWO, secret societies, and ancient archaeology.

After reading so many webpages, seeing so many different perspectives on life, and gleaning through so many different forums to see what public opinion has to say... I feel a bit burnt-out; a little demotivated to continue looking.

That's not to say I have completely given up yet, so wipe the drool from your mouths, you silly espionage agents. I just find myself opening pages and not even reading them as often as I should...

I still read pages and threads, but not as much as I like and not as much as I used to. I find myself getting back into that trap where I tend to distract myself more as opposed to educating myself... What I am getting at is...

help? please? how can I cure this? surely I'm not the only one who has faced this quandary.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Coffee, lots and lots of coffee. I find myself doing the same as you.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I've been studying this stuff for a long time and went through the same thing about eight years ago.

Unless I'm wrong, it's that sinking suspicion that no one is either willing to tell or actually knows whats really going on.

Scam artists, delusional, money grubbers and confidence men run wild, so many different stories and view points who the hell knows what to believe.

Is it all crap?

Again, I wouldn't worry, this I would say is a very positive thing.

I think we all go through it.

At the end of the tunnel you should emerge more salted, a little more skeptical but still looking.

You may never feel that same "ultimate true believer" lust you used to, and if you do you'll probably question why which will prompt you to be more catious in your investigation. Which is good.

Or, maybe you just need a week in Las Vegas.

That always works for me.

Seriously.

Spiderj

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Take a step back AO.
Take a deep breath and realize that we all have or go through this, be it within the www or the real world.
Take some time off or cut your time down for awhile; rejoin life and put things back into perspective.

Fresh air is good, and though ATS can be addicting, like any responsible user, one must heed limitations and/or come to grips with them.

As mentioned, I have been through this, I have seen and read other accounts of some here within ATS that have gone through this. Simply take a step back and re-evaluate.....kinda of like working all year and then needing or taking a vacation.

You'll be ok.

Your contributions, as everyone else's here, is of importance to all and to ATS. In the what you describe above, just limiting your exposure for a short time may revitalize or reinvigorate you. Allow yourself the time that you require, its only natural.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Don't worry AlnilamOmega, you're still okay.

When you get really hopelessly burnt out though you'll know.

They make you a mod.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Yeah, I feel that some days. I take caffeine, lean back, and try to write. Take a break. That's what I'm sorta doing... I keep writing away....

DE

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Thanks, all of you, for your meaningful replies. I thought that this is something that we all have to go through, and I am already feeling better again. Not all that much, but a bit better than when I made this dreary thread. My apologies for not noticing your replies sooner, however.

The short break idea worked quite well, but the Las Vegas thing... that's really worth a shot!

Thanks again for being so caring and warm. I wish you all the best.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I know exactly how you feel AlnilamOmega. A while back the same thing happened to me. I got tired of research and reading into conspiracies. What did I do? I took a well deserved break from ATS. I think I was away for like a 2 months. And I needed it. When I decided to come back I was rested and ready to go again.

To tell you the truth I've been thinking of taking a break recently since I'm starting to get tired of all this. But I find it hard to take a vacation.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 05:14 AM
link   
You have hit what we here at ATS call "the wall"
I have to say that I am at that stage at the moment where I am just flicking through threads, and the only posts I seem to be making are in the board questions and business forum lately. Sometimes I think there is such a flood of information here that you kind of start to drown in it after a while, and yet I still can't bare to not have my fix of ATS. I've been through this before and it does pass.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Take a vacation to another country...specifically a poorer place...then youll catch a new perspective on things and plus it relaxes your brain for a week or so...but make sure its a vacation and not a fact finding tour of sorts....

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I think the problem comes from having read so much stuff that you eventually get to the point where nothing seems new. It's very frustrating to feel like you know as much as can be known and still have a desire for more. I've had the same thing happen. Usually, I run across the same info over and over because I'm looking in the same old places time and again.

Try mixing up your source material. You could even (gasp!) go to the nearest really big public library (or university library) and do some research. That's always fun and refreshing. That should give you a new jumping-off point for online research.

Hope this helps.

new topics

top topics

join