It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man holds foreclosed Carson house hostage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Man holds foreclosed Carson house hostage

abclocal.go.com

CARSON, Calif. (KABC) -- A Carson resident is holding a one-man protest. He recently lost his home to foreclosure. Tuesday, he took extreme measures. He says he wants to buy the house back. The man recently lost his job and then found some new work.

In the city of Carson, according to the mayor, there are more than 1,100 homes in foreclosure, including the one that belonged to Frank Torres. About 8 a.m. Tuesday, a cleaning crew was removing some of the possessions out of the house. Torres went over, chased the crew away, and took his old house hostage.

Torres wanted to draw attention to the fact that he says he is now financially able to buy back his house. He wrote messages on the roof of the house in large letters.

On one side of the roof it says it's about family, the other: "I want to be heard."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Sign of the times.

And i say all the power to him!

Let him have his house back if he has the money!

I love seeing stories like this. Seeing people stand up for what is right is always a good thing...especially now as it seems to be becoming rare.

There is a video on the link.

Worth a watch.

abclocal.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Good for him! That makes me happy for once today. The crappy part though is the man who is standing up for what he believes, and what i and many like me think is right, will probably be jailed for his actions. That is pathetic. Thats what happens when citizens stand up for what is right. we get silenced!

MessOnTheFED!

join