It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hormone Therapy at Age 12, Sex Change at age 16

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I was shocked when I read this article about a boy who started hormone therapy at age 12 and had his sex change at age 16. Who in their right mind would allow a 12 year old to make a decision like this and what doctor would give the child this therapy? True, he does make a very beautiful girl, but I think this should have waited until he was older. Anyone else shocked by this?

[url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1135724/From-Tim-Kim-German-pop-star-16-worlds-youngest-transsexual-sex-change-op.html]Link[/ur l]

[edit on 11-2-2009 by ahimsa]

Mods, feel free to delete this thread as there is already one started. Guess I didn't look back far enough. Sorry.

[edit on 11-2-2009 by ahimsa]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Sex Change

We have already discussed this here and some of the answers will probable give some better insight into what was going on here.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

From Tim to Kim: German pop star, 16, becomes world's youngest transsexual after sex change op

By Mail Foreign Service

Last updated at 7:34 AM on 05th February 2009

German teenager Kim Petras who became the world's youngest transsexual after undergoing an operation at the age of just 16 says she can't wait for the summer so she can try out a whole new wardrobe of tight fitting clothes.

The pop singer - born Tim - is well known in Germany for having started hormone replacement therapy as part of her gender transition by the age of 12.

Now 16, she completed Gender Reassignment Surgery in November, according to a posting on her blog.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Oh, ok, I checked, but didn't see a thread on this. Sorry. On my way to the other thread.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ahimsa

She's by far not the world's youngest transsexual. Most transsexuals know what they are since they were toddles. You mean she was the youngest one to have surgery.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
No, the hormone therapy being started at such a young age. It really should have been after puberty.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ahimsa
No, the hormone therapy being started at such a young age. It really should have been after puberty.

As discussed in the other thread in more detail, some TG individuals, with their parent's conscent, choose to have the treatments early specifically to stop those developments--it is easier on the body to stop them with hormones before they develope than it is to surgically or hormonally correct them later.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ahimsa

Oh no, not this again. There allready exists a thread about this.

No, it is not chocking, and you would be surprised if you knew how many preadolescents that start hormonetherapy on their own, even at age 11.

That said, I personally knew a Transsexual that had her surgery when she was 16, and she is still happy, 8 years later.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Yes, I know now that the other thread exists and that is why I asked if a mod could delete this one and why I already said sorry several times.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I have gay friends and i always ask them when they knew and how they came out of the closet.
I have known quite a few who knew when they were 6 years old.
I think it might be wrong to do it that early but I can still see why.
Some people know what they are very early.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Did the government pay for his/her therapy and surgery?
url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread50591/pg1]Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.[/url]

[edit on 12-2-2009 by Byrd]

top topics

join