It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do our thoughts come from?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
NOTE: This thread serves only as food for thought.

I love writing and this is an article I wrote quite a while ago. Let's see what you think of it. It certainly addresses quite a few issues …

Part 1

This morning when I woke up I contemplated on a scenario based on a question that I had asked myself for the last few days. Infinity is a word that is often used today, right? Infinity is the joker in a game and explains things without giving us real answers. You can avoid the questions, but they won’t go away. If we are, for example, all infinite beings, whatever this means and we were created by a creator, then according to my understanding it is impossible to separate infinity. We are all the part of the creator and creator is in us.
Please note that I used the word “part” in the sentence above, but a part implies a separation and something that is infinite cannot be separated; or, can it?

If I said that I am the creator, then believers of their belief system or religion would attack me and say that I am not the creator. Sorry, but I beg to differ as I have a few points to make here that are worth contemplation. Imagine, that you think that you are only here to experience life. This is fantastic, but if it is correct that this is only a Holographic Universe and all what we perceive is nothing but in our minds, then where are we right now? If all what we experience is, for the lack of better words, simply an illusion, then it is well possible that this is an indication that there is no separation and that we have never gone anywhere in the first place.

So where are we? The answer could be that if we were created by an infinitely powerful or mighty creator, our whole existence is only an aspect of this creator itself. If this aspect of this creator represents our own life and the spiritual development we are meant to go through, it is not for our own good but for the good of the creator. I could interpret this as a selfish act from the creator’s point of view, but on the other hand, there would be no “me” and only I, or better “the creator”. The words “I think and therefore I am” are more than appropriate in this case.

One aspect of this creator that says “I am” is in each case every individual or perceived individual. Now if we said that we are part of the creator and we are limited in a physical body, then the creator itself would limit itself by creating such a limitation. Another thought that I entertained is enslavement. If you were the creator of everything, why would you make spiritual development mandatory for all your aspects? Of course, it sounds like a good idea, but by letting each person suffer in his or her own way while seeking spiritual development, it conversely could also be interpreted as a punishment of itself; in other words, the creator is putting itself through the mangle of spiritual development. I used the word “suffer” and things like hatred, animosity, war, disease, pain, jealousy, greed etc. –all imposed on oneself isn’t necessarily something positive, right?

And in my point of view, if I have a point of view – and why I am writing this, you will find out in a second, the creator could be its own slave, by the act of imposing such things on its own aspects; in other words, every person of us, but I haven’t even addressed the non-human being life forms yet. I will certainly have to do this in another article.

[edit on 11-2-2009 by TheWriter]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Part 2

OK, let’s recap the possible scenario:
Infinite creator created aspects (not-separated), each perceiving life on Earth (perception is a kind of illusion). Is there a connection to the Holographic Universe? We are already with the creator, but we don’t know it because we are being put into this dilemma of experiencing life. By the mandatory spiritual development (to become one with the creator again), an illusion, the creator could put each of its aspects through the mangle of spiritual development and by this very act, impose all restrictions on itself and not us. Is the creator enslaving itself? Is the creator limiting itself by creating physical bodies and having its aspects (each of us) experience life?

Who is more in doubt, we the aspects who believe to be separated or the creator with an infinite number of aspects that are battling in a war of belief systems? Another thought that just comes to my mind is when someone does not believe in the creator and will never make it to “heaven” then this is a lost soul; an aspect of the creator that is abandoned. Hey, this sounds much like spiritual cleansing that the creator goes through. The problems that are created by this whole scenario are inevitable. As soon as you ask questions and as soon as you open your mind towards explanations, you will suddenly only find the belief systems quite amusing and that they are not addressing all the neat little questions, you can ask.

As I wrote above, we are experiencing life in a physical body, but is there a physical body in the first place? Yes, there is. Participating in an illusion that is considered to be reality, all parts or aspects of the illusion also become an apparent reality. This article is titled “Our Thoughts” and where do our thoughts come from? It is not an understanding and definitely not a conclusion. It is only a current entertainment of a thought that each thought we have could possibly come from the creator itself.

Now, if we are all aspects of a creator and we were “disconnected” from the infinite consciousness, whatever that means for the time being, it could well explain why we do not know where our thoughts come from. We are not meant to know where our thoughts come from. Many people believe they have a conscious and subconscious mind. I don’t agree with them since naming something is only a label that is supposed to helping us to comprehend ourselves, but do you know where your thoughts come from? How often have you thoughts things, that you finally asked yourself of how you could possibly ever have thought that in the first place? Can you choose your “own” thoughts? Not really, right?

Each aspect would make attempts of making sense of all there is and by being disconnected from the whole for a period of time or even for all eternity, even if that is a bit longer than usual (just kidding), thoughts of all kinds can arise to question things. Those thoughts could be reflected and manifested in what we understand as ideas.

OK. That was the second part.

Greetings

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Logic, creativity, intelligence, experience, moral judgment.

and perhaps some astral/celestial influences?

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWriter

Star and Flag for you!

I really like your concept, its well written and fairly understandable. However, if our thoughts come from the creator, why are there so many different beliefs, thought, religions, morals, etc. throughout the world. Are you suggesting that our creator is in a moral conflict? And if so, I have three questions: 1) Is the creator living in another "reality" where the creator is using all of our combined thoughts to help his/her moral dilema? 2) Why would the creator be in a moral conflict? and 3) Assuming the creator created everything then why would he need us to to fix his moral conflicts, couldn't he create the solution?

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Part 1 of 2

Hello tgreen2103, thank you for your reply and the numerous questions.

I love writing articles and I kind of thought about these things many times, but it is definitely a challenge to put thoughts into words. It’s not like just a daily rambling. Here my thoughts to your questions.

Originally posted by tgreen2103
However, if our thoughts come from the creator, why are there so many different beliefs, thought, religions, morals, etc. throughout the world.

In my article I wrote:
“One aspect of this creator that says “I am” is in each case every individual or perceived individual.”

A possible fallacy or belief to be separate, as humans tend to find always “unifying theories”, they (all of us) could also be fooled by believing to have a free will. But as I had pointed out before in my opening-thread, nobody knows where the thoughts come from, and so we could all be manipulated on the deepest level of consciousness that we can’t reach. So is it possible that since, if we consider Out-of-Body Experiences and statements from, for example, Robert A. Monroe, that it is all about going back home? Home to the creator and re-uniting? Could it imply that we were let go to experience but eventually get called back to the home base? Since each aspect should gain a perceived individual experience, it could be the result of what you were asking. In other words, each aspect suddenly interpreted its mission differently.

Are you suggesting that our creator is in a moral conflict?

Let me see, you have asked three questions that all somehow connect with this one. Let me please try to wrap my mind around each one consecutively.

1.) Is the creator living in another "reality" where the creator is using all of our combined thoughts to help his/her moral dilema?

You know, another reality might just be the right term. Provided that there is a creator that created everything, then what we perceive to be a reality is a “reality” to us, but just a script to him. You may compare it with a programmer who sees his own software and says: Oh that was quite a tough code to make it work.
The user of the software doesn’t however consider it as “code” but see it as a program. So once again, another “reality” is a matter of perception, don’t you agree?

Now I don’t know the motif or reason why we would be separated from a creator in the first place, if everything was perfect. So your question, if all of our combined thoughts are to help his/her moral dilemma, is a damn good question. If everything was perfect and we were sent away to get experience, then the creator must have imposed a purpose on itself.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Part 2 of 2

2.) Why would the creator be in a moral conflict?

I can only give you some philosophical thoughts…
Is the creator perfect? Certainly, someone could say that. But on the road of thoughts, if the creator had (let’s use the word “infinite” to make a good example) an infinite number of aspects, would a creator have any ambitions? Does a mother ever stop worrying? Is the best creation one ever created not sufficient enough? Why would one seek continuous challenges?

Why would a creator be different? An infinite number of aspects are many to take care of, even if there is nothing to be taken care of. What sort of reasoning could possibly be in a perfect mind? And could a perfect mind have imperfect ideas? Could a venture to let an infinite number of aspects experience the illusion of being disconnected from the infinite consciousness cause moral conflicts? If yes, then we could have a reason.

And if all aspects were sent out under the condition not to return before having fulfilled their duty of gaining experiences, could the creator revoke its own restrictions or rules? Or would the creator be bound to its own created law?

3.) Assuming the creator created everything then why would he need us to to fix his moral conflicts, couldn't he create the solution?

I thought that the creator could go through some sort of spiritual cleansing. So if the creator created a solution, provided that the creator could suspend its game rules (for the lack of a better word), would the creator not thwart its own plan (whatever it was) and prevent attaining the goal that had been set in the beginning? Would a creator not have foreseen any conflicts? And would these moral conflicts not contribute to attain the initially set goal?

Well, that's it, but I think that it is not important to come to a conclusion. It is probably more important to think for oneself and focus on something. I hope it serves as some kind of food for thought for you.

Greetings

[edit on 11-2-2009 by TheWriter]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I like your ideas and the way you think. Very interesting, and I will have more comments on your response tomorrow sometime. I have been at work, sitting in front of this computer, for 12 hours so my mind is slowing shutting down for the evening. Hopefully we can pick up on this tomorrow.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

One quick thought that did come to mind though, and it has to deal with your theory of the creator spiritually cleansing. Why would the create need to be spiritually cleansed? I ask this because in my mind I do not see why a creator would have to have spiritual cleansing unless he wasnt the true creator. To clearify, he created us, but what if someone or something created him? He would then need spiritual cleansing or "enlightment" to reach the next level, just like I believe we all must find enlightment to reach our next level. What are your thoughts? Is there a never ending line of lifetimes of trying to become enlighted to the next level or do we meet THE creator at some level?

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Interesting. When I am relaxing to go to sleep at night idea sometimes come to me. One idea is our thoughts and memories are kept outside the physical limitations of the brain. That the thoughts and memories are stored in a different place and the brain is just a receiver for information. I know it sounds nuts, but oh well.

The second part I have is that you said God created us therefore we are will live forever. Well, if I create a sand castle and it is ruined by the waves it no longer exists. I feel the same as far as creation. If God wants us gone, we are gone.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
tgreen, maybe we should find the creator's e-mail address and request some answers
I have no theory only a few thoughts and I deal with this topic on a certain philosophical level and I only think that I think outside of the proverbial box. It means that all possibilities must be considered, no matter how insane they sound. This applies to me (and I might be a wack-job).

I ask this because in my mind I do not see why a creator would have to have spiritual cleansing unless he wasnt the true creator. To clearify, he created us, but what if someone or something created him?

If another creator created the creator, then how many creators are there? The same questions and a plethora of more questions could raise. Man, I am still trying to figure out millions of questions, LOL

Is there a never ending line of lifetimes of trying to become enlighted to the next level or do we meet THE creator at some level?

Oh, this is a darn good question. I just wonder that myself. What if someone is spiritutally too thick and always fails to meet the requirements when alive. Does it mean to have another reincarnation?

You know I see it this way: There is such a thing as common sense, but common sense is not as common as one may think it is supposed to be. So why would a person believe in something all its life that holds no proof? One person may think that is a waste of time, another one may just think or believe that it is the right thing to do. A third person comes and asks for scientifc proof, and then we have got the group of people who experience what others call paranormal.

Every group of people is definitely right in a certain way. My personal experiences are numerous, so I belong to the last above-mentioned group. But to answer your question, I would have to know a bit more. Someone may say, I will not come back anymore after this experience in life. True. Another person may claim that more experiences are required. True. I mean, whatever someone says could potentially be true (since I don't know much more than others), but I have got my personal experiences and I know certain things. But are these things the required things to go to the next level? I don't know. Is there a next level? Most likely. Open-mindedness must consider this possibility. But how does one interpret the next level? I don't know. And are there any restrictions on the previous level or perks on the next level? I don't know. LOL

Enlightenment in my point of view is a choice. But how does someone else define enlightenment. How far are we away from a creator? If we are all aspects, then I have got no clue if the distance does really matter. Provided that distance isn't just another illusion. Maybe talking to us and what we call our inner voice and intution is a direct line to what we interpret all on an individual level as something.

But if I am allowed ask you or anyone who reads this posting, how do you approach such questions?

1. When you consider possibilities, do you see how difficult it is to break free from all indoctrinations even though you don't necessarily make them your own?

2. Are we getting indoctrinated or brainwashed to a certain extent by something, only because we have heard of a concept or idea?

3. Do you think you have got free will even though you have no idea where your thoughts come from?

As I said in my signature, the battlefield of belief systems is not my playground. This is all highly philosophical …

Greetings

ps: need another coffee

[edit on 12-2-2009 by TheWriter]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Hey thank you for your reply.

Originally posted by christopherledwards
One idea is our thoughts and memories are kept outside the physical limitations of the brain. That the thoughts and memories are stored in a different place and the brain is just a receiver for information. I know it sounds nuts, but oh well.

Nope, nothing sounds nuts. Does a tree require a brain? Does a flower require a brain? Do we receive our thoughts? Is intuition in our brain? Have you ever seen a spirit? If yes, you only saw the spirit and no brain floating through the air, right? I share your thoughts. I don't think that you require a brain to think. I hope I didn't misinterpret your statement. Please correct if necessary.

Originally posted by christopherledwards
The second part I have is that you said God created us therefore we are will live forever. Well, if I create a sand castle and it is ruined by the waves it no longer exists. I feel the same as far as creation. If God wants us gone, we are gone.

Just for a clarification: As I said in another posting, it is only food for thought. It is only philosophical. It is only a plethora of thoughts. I don't make claims. I don't think anyone should take anything at face value what someone else says.

Well, if the sand castle does not longer exist because it was ruined by the waves, then it existed at least once and since it was observed or created by someone, it could end up in the akashic record and be stored there forever. Provided that akashic record exists too. I think it does but that's another topic.

What you feel sounds to be right, because you feel and you think it. Of course, your point of view that if God wants us to be gone, we are gone is most likely not supported by the majority. People want to think that they are all special and God loves them, but that's a belief and at the end of the day not much more different than any other belief. In other words, isn't it all very philosophical and a question of how much do you dare to think outside your imposed limitations and fears?

I appreciate very much your reply and time for your thoughts.

Greetings

new topics

top topics

join