It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY AG: Before Losing $15 Billion, Merrill Lynch Quietly Made 696 Employees Millionaires

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
How much more do we have to take???

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Hey, I was one of those people that recieved this money, and there was more to the story than that. See, my corporate friends and I have mansions, speed boats, private jets, and butlers to pay for. You think that stuff comes cheap?? You think we can maintain these things without hefty bonuses like this? We work hard taking care of your money, and you cant expect us to have any less than the best for that.
I think your all just jealous that you flunked math in high school, your parents couldnt afford to send you to Yale, and you couldnt end up with a job like this.
Now if you will excuses me, Im going to the Bahamas for a late dinner with my hooker.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
The question isn't just who received the bonus, or what were previous bonus amounts that were dispensed, but what was the bonus for?

Were they rewards for job performance? What standards had to be met to qualify one for a 25% share of $121,000,000?

Makes me wonder what the bonuses would have been if Merrill Lynch had a successful and profitable year. If they give out $1.4 billion to reward failure, just imagine what success would bring!

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I suppose that was more practical than "taking care of them" because they knew too much about what was going on behind the scenes. I guess they all have invested interest in keeping their mouths shut now.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
this whole karma thing is bull# everone always says karma this karma that its time to pay these visit and deliver some karma personally.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
The more I think about it the more I am convinced that the best thing to do is to out these cocka-roaches.

When a company loses $15billion in a quarter who the hell could they even think about giving out bonuses on this scale, especially when its the tax payers who are paying for them.

Oh please let there names be made public.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

wtf? when is enough going to be enough? this will get people angry for a week and then it will fade away just like every other story has that talks about america rotting from the inside out.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
It's obvious that this is just a game theory scenario that allows the few to maintain control over the many. Unfortunately, the greed is overwhelming and must be put into perspective. Like so many other fields, an example should be made of them so that others in positions of power to not resort to abuse. It's is utterly disheartening to hear that people are to gain from such a global, not just national, situation.

It promotes dissent, and completely abolishes trust. What COULD have been a good precedence for a free market model has been violated to satiate the need for some to feel significant. These are no longer exceptions in this situations, we have seen overwhelming evidence that check and balances must be enforced and that the overseers are subject to checks and balances as well. It is not a new situation, and we have not proven the wiser, even though we have had the advantage of learning from our history.

How long can we keep a blind eye to this gouging?

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by detroitslim
The question isn't just who received the bonus, or what were previous bonus amounts that were dispensed, but what was the bonus for?

Were they rewards for job performance? What standards had to be met to qualify one for a 25% share of $121,000,000?

Makes me wonder what the bonuses would have been if Merrill Lynch had a successful and profitable year. If they give out $1.4 billion to reward failure, just imagine what success would bring!

For some strange reason I am feeling "success" brings them in less money....

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
This why I love this board,more dangerous than the government,terrorists,aliens or bigfoot and right under our noses and the "watchful eye" of our elected officials . Big business has no scruples and they have the keys to the cash drawer. In this growing economic debacle. Heads should roll. period

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinkyboo

Originally posted by jhill76

One disturbing question that must be answered is whether Merrill Lynch and Bank of America timed the bonuses in such a way as to force taxpayers to pay for them through the deal funding. .

[edit on 11-2-2009 by jhill76]

Um here - let me answer this question for the courts so they don't have to spend even more of my hard earned money on a ridiculous investigation.

YES!

Disturbing question answered._javascript:icon('
')

No doubt about it wonder how hearings they will have till they reach the obvious conclusion_javascript:icon('
')

[edit on 11-2-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Bonuses..... for what???? Can anyone answer that with a straight face?

Seriously, it's all so dumb, it goes full circle and becomes genius! Think about it, it's like, now the more they lose, the more they can get! OMG, where can i sign up to become a bank!

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
i am sure it will take a long time to see any justice on this
the politicians will drag it out and give plenty of time for the banks to bribe there way out of it and then i am sure it will just get buried at the bottom of everything

there not going to do anything against there bestest buddys

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
All of this news really frustrates me. I feel helpless in all of it. What does one do? Withdraw my money from the banks? Stop my direct deposit? Stop paying credit card bills? It seems they have us by the Ba@@s. I wish there was a way to fight back. Anyone have any ideas? And then we have the government raising taxes on paychecks, gas, liquor, cigs, and anything else they can think of. We need to pay for mistakes the Feds and State government have made in past projects. Yet our paychecks remain the same, if we still have one. Prices of everything keep going up. Been food shopping lately. The prices went up due to gas prices and trucking expenses. Gas has gone down, but not the groceries. At this point it seems the only alternative might be to get the he@@ out this country. Canada is looking good. What else can one do?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Good luck moving to Canada. I've looked into it before. You need at least 10,000 to invest, or have a job skill that is needed. Otherwise, Stay in the U.S.of Eh.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Guys.. you seen the European markets at the moment! It's not looking too pretty. Say what you like about him, but this week hasn't been very nice at all.

US futures are already dropping pretty sharply.

Interesting times.

Edit: Sorry folks.. wrong thread., too many beers.

[edit on 12-2-2009 by spurge]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

GIVE MEN THEIR ADDRESSES! THEY CAN'T SPEND THEIR MONEY IN HELL!

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
"Merryl Lynch: Saving America's Assets (but not all Americans... just the big guys above)"

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Uh oh.

They can't have this getting out!!

The peasants will start reaching for their pitch forks and torches before long
and start demanding the head Dr. Frankensteins' monster.

My only question is - what took the peasants so long to start waking up???

I've said this to all my friends and anybody else who'll listen - this is going to
get UGLY and news like this only solidifies that opinion.

If people finally wake up and put 2 and 2 together, god help the PTB.

...and the rest of us caught in the crossfire.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

UN___king Believable!!!!!!

First S & F for you!

Second, how could those people take that money in good conciousnous?

Really.... the world is spinning in a downfall, and your employer is saying they have lost "Billions", yet they hand a few million to you! How could they take those?

Amazing the greed!

Amazing the complete F U to the American people!!

Amazing, we are upset and writing about it.... but not out on the streets peacefully, showing the govt. what we think of their "bailouts" to companies who have done this.

Plus.... of course MORE BILLIONS will be going to them....

Sure for the public's sake, they will give the exec's lip service, but then they will hand them MORE BILLIONS under the table.... with little "winks"!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join