It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cigar shaped UFO filmed in Somerset UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
This has just appeared on yahoo news. I've looked at the footage and it appears very genuine. There is clearly a cigar shaped object in the sky at quite a height. There is footage of other people filming and apparantly there were many witnesses. here is the link to check it out as I dont know how to post it on to this site Sorry. This is what the guy filming has to say:

My dad and me spotted this U.F.O while on holiday in brean, sommerset just below weston-super-mare, we spotted it on july 27th 2008, a day before the terrible fire of the grand pier in weston.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 11-2-2009 by starseedz]

[edit on 11-2-2009 by starseedz]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
That has to be the clearest UFO video I've ever seen, and I've seen a few.

Seems to be one of the classic shapes, a cylinder with flat sides.

Over and out
Twisted-Inside-Out

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
www.metacafe.com...

Case closed.

GM

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic
www.metacafe.com...

Case closed.

GM

Cased closed? I'm not sure.

So what if some idiots, yes idiots, allow bin-liner balloons in our skies, this looks nothing like such a balloon, the impression I get from the zoom-in is that this is very large and it certainly looks too geometric to me to be a balloon..

No, not case closed at all.

btw, on the subject of these solar balloons, how are they legal? If an airliner was suddenly on a collision course with one of these, wouldn't there be a risk of the pilot taking a violent evasive action, or worse yet all that plastic being sucked in an engine?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by starseedz

I'm fed up with watching solar balloons now - those rubbish bags are always black how about some white ones just for a change

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by majestictwo

They have to be black to absorb the heat so the air will get hot and rise.

Sorry

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zenic
reply to post by majestictwo

They have to be black to absorb the heat so the air will get hot and rise.

Sorry

No No I am sorry you fell for it
I live in solar country!

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   

classic cigar shape ! and a hint of a reflective surface but thats it.
I would be more convinced if it started performing unconventional flight carachteristics.

A note to all UFO spotters Don't zoom in and out every 2 seconds find the focus and leave the zoom alone !

[edit on 12-2-2009 by noncorporeal]

[edit on 12-2-2009 by noncorporeal]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I used to live in Burnham on Sea in Somerset, where this footage was filmed lol, a long time ago now.

As for the footage, often skeptics either say footage is too blurry or it's too clear and is a fake, either way you can't win.

As with video or photographic footage we can never know, evidence is asked for regarding anything ufo related, and when evidence is provided, it very very rarely is accepted as a true ufo, mostly it's dismissed, even when the footage is compelling.

But, the fact is, there are known unidentified flying objects and the possibility it is et should be considered, after all the ridicule and scoofing at any such possibility.

Anyway, thanks for sharing and take care,

Dan

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic
www.metacafe.com...

Case closed.

GM

nope..that bends..the one on the video looks far more solid..and its not black

[edit on 12-2-2009 by alienesque]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
How high do these solar balloons go?

As surely launching a black bin liner into the air when it could hit a cessna or a helicopter is not the brightest thing to do!

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by User4372

Neither is having five or so threads on the same subject.

But it just happens it seems.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
FOX News: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Thanks for all the replies I have to say I had not heard of the solar balloons before and I admit it does look very similar!! I still dont think you can say for sure that is what it is though as there is no absolute proof either way.

One thing that adds doubt is that it is not moving across the sky at speed which it would do if it was a balloon, also there are no strings attached when you see it close up.

I have had a close encounter myself a few years ago and saw something completely out of this world therefore I know they are out there. I suggest keeping an open mind but I appreciate knowing all possibilities

thanks

[edit on 12-2-2009 by starseedz]

top topics

join