It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. corporations intervening in farm policy, says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

U.S. corporations intervening in farm policy, says

www.hindu.com

KALPETTA: Communist Party of India (Marxist) general secretary Prakash Karat has accused U.S. corporations of intervening in the formulation of the country’s agricultural policy and the running of policy-making institutions.

Private funding from agri-business corporations for research in public institutions in India would be linked to patent rights and licences on products that emerge from such research. A further aspect of the KIA is that it would be a means by which U.S. agri-business corporations gain access to the institutional set-up of India’s agricultural research infrastructure and its pool of scientists and technological personnel, he said
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.projectcensored.org
news.prnewswire.com

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

An additional 1.3 million farmers planted 10.7 million new hectares of biotech crops in three new countries in 2008, according to the ISAAA brief Global Status of Commercialized Biotech/GM Crops 2008. ISAAA has been tracking global biotech crop adoption trends since 1996.
news.prnewswire.com.../www/story/02-11-2009/0004970470&EDATE=

Please also see both additional news links.

This is very scary to say the least, I wonder how much the indo-us nuclear pact has to do with this and how deep goes the rabbit hole.

www.hindu.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I feel for the farmers taken advantage of and forced into early retirement by these multinational corporations that pillage resources and destroy long held agricultural practices. The strain placed on these people is great and will cause many to give; I just hope it doesn't ruin a developing country and it's people like India. Damn shame.

new topics

join