It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is America's Attitude to Iran Making Iran a Stronger Country?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
We have all seen in the past the effects of arms races be it the cold war or the former European Empires but is America's attitude to Iran and indeed other nations actually making those countries stronger.

As the leaders of Iran see themselves as the innocent party and at risk from from American attack and invasion this has led them to increasing their military capablity, a process that continues with iran gaining greater capability all the time. Is Iranand its people really a threat to anyone at all?

And the bigger question is, will America's attitude mean that rather than Iran just wanting to have nuclear power for peaceful means it will eventually be forced into tipping its missiles with nuke's.

Given that in the ME there is an imbalance with an nuke armed and backed Israel with no counter force to this such a situation creates instability in the region. And if Iran is forced into this situation will neighbouring weaker ME countries ally themselves to a much stronger Iran for protection?

Is this process inevitable, I don't think any action against Iran would prevent it acuiring nukes. If anything such action well may accelerate the process. Would it not be better to remove the Israeli nukes and therfore the reason for Iran to want them.

Or on a greater scale is this a story that has already been written and conflict will ensue no matter what. That the end game is not about Iran and nukes but about something else altogether?

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
A travel show on our local PBS station just went to Iran.

He said it was just like any other middle eastern country, except the government puts up anti-west billboards and murals on sides of buildings.

When at a local university, he spoke to several students who all said they loved the people of America, but hated their government.

What was interesting was the girls were saying they hated BOTH governments, theirs as well and wished the people would meet each other so they can see that they dislike their government as much as we do.

Iran is a smart country with more people, land, and weapons than Iraq or Afghanistan.

If we cannot win there, we absolutely cannot defeat Iran on their home turf.

We must also remember that Israel acquired nuclear bombs illegally, why does Iran have to play by the rules when their enemies don't??

[edit on 11-2-2009 by breakingdradles]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I thought this thread might have broked more discussion but it could just be that people are sick of the ME and its problems. But one must say that its problems are our problems as it is the West that continues to interfere in the ME.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Americas attitude on Iran is making America look weaker! America has been around for less than 300 years and have invaded and desecrated countless nations. Iran has been around for around 5000 years and have never once invaded another country! How can Washington accuse anyone, let alone Iran, of being a threat to the world?

Any sane, free thinking person can see how utterly shameful and embarrassing this is, including Iranians. It's a perfect example of how the US conveys what the truth is. Things are so @#^%$#& backwards it humiliates me every time I read a .line! How they get away with this is far beyond me? I refuse to believe that people are this ignorant? I may be in denial though?

new topics

top topics

join