It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Censorship

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I work in Leeds for HBoS (the bank) and was on this website today at work (it's a very boring job). Anyway, while I was reading some threads, I noticed 2 strange things. The first one was that some words were being dropped out of sentences in lots of posts. Now, I don't remember what they were, but I will be updating this when I get chance to check them against the post at home, but the thread below was heavily censored

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also, when I tried to use the back key, it showed the same page about 5 times before I could go back, like the page was entering itself a few times and reading an entry of this. I can't provide any visual evidence at the moment (i don't have external e-mail or a scanner) but I will try and update this tomorrow with the edited version of the post.

Can anybody else comment on if they have had a similar thing happen?

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by NoHopeForSome

if you are accessing the interenet from your work... there is software that will take away certain words and websites..... no big deal .

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I suppose. It was just very strange that this has never happened on any site I have been on before, and i regularly go on ufochronicals.com, tinwiki, rense, ufodigest and other stuff like that. I will see if there was any kin of pattern to it, but thanks for the info.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I've had the multiple same page loads on here myself, don't know what caused it. I chalked it up to an issue with my browser.

Anyone else had the same?

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
actually yes, if i'm trying to use the back button i have to click it 3 or 4 times in rapid succession to get it to go back. perhaps it's just a browser issue, but either way it's annoying lol.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Hi, browsing peoples.

Originally posted by AngelInterceptor
I've had the multiple same page loads...Anyone else had the same?

Not anymore, because I use the small "history" arrow of the BACK-FORWARD buttons.
||
v
That arrow points DOWN, if you have a GOOD browser ! ! B-)

Blue skies.

[edit on 09/2/11 by C-JEAN]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Yep. They do some kind of strange nesting here. Actually, there are lots of interesting quirks on this website. For example, you can look at the thread listing on the forum index and it will tell you how many responses are in the thread, and the name of the member who posted the last message. Sometimes, that number is off, and the post from the named member doesn't show up.

new topics

top topics

join