It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clash of the Titans (2010) - Finally a remake I can get on board with

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

In a case of truly uninspired filmmaking, Lawrence Kasdan is going to write a remake of the beloved, 1981 truly, terribly, wonderfully classic Clash of the Titans. Travis Beacham, who co-wrote A Killing on Carnival Row with Neil Jordan, wrote a draft for the film, and now the Mumford man is taking over to script the feature. Kasdan is the guy who long ago brought us The Empire Strikes Back and Raiders of the Lost Ark, before jumping into The Big Chill and The Bodyguard, and last writing the questionable Dreamcatcher...

Link

Yes, the first one was a classic, but the claymation was whack! I'm definitely excited about seeing this movie remade with today's special effects. Some guy named Sam Worthington (never heard of him) is going to play Perseus, the rest of the cast doesn't look like it's set yet. They should get Madonna to play Medusa.

Peace

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I loved the stop motion.. I actually prefer it over CGI. I am really excited, this is good news.. i hope they don't ruin it

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Only cast member announced so far is Sam Worthington, some unknown Aussie actor, as Perseus...

Here's for hoping Andromeda is Jessica Alba...

I'm thinking Ron Pearlman for Callabus?

I loved the comment, "Don't rob Harry Hamlin of his shining moment in film!"

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Here's for hoping Andromeda is Jessica Alba...

I'm thinking that role is more suited for a Keira Knightly or another British actress. Unless there's a pole-dancing scene, I'm not sure if Alba fits.
I can also see Anthony Hopkins playing Zeus.

This movie is going to be chock-full of illuminati symbolism I'm sure.

Peace

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I loved that movie and welcome the remake. They need to keep the same script with updated special effects, maybe make it a tad darker?

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Keira Knightly would be perfect...have to agree there....

Somehow, as the main lead is an unknown, I doubt this will be "star-studded", hehe...

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Yeah, I'm kind of baffled by the Perseus choice, not that the guy's a bad actor (don't know if he is or isn't), but you would think a known actor would jump all over it. No, I didn't mean Ben Aff-wreck.

Maybe it gets re-cast, who knows?

Peace

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

I will agree with the author in the link on this one. The movie is a classic because of its kitsch value. The actors are all so serious, and the effects are so juvenile.

The remake will be just like the movie "Van Helsing", CGI effects, and no heart. I also wish they would leave it alone, but Hollywood is bankrupt when it comes to being original.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

99% of the time I agree, leave the classics alone. There's just something about this particular film though, I wanna see the titans in a more realistic nature, not like Mr. Bill.

BTW, remakes of They Live and Arthur are on the way. I'm against both of these remakes bigtime.

Peace

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I actually liked Van Helsing....although admittedly, it was probably more that I liked watching Kate Beckinsdale in a corset and curly black hair....
(hey, the wife got to go ga-ga over Jackman too...so fair's fair)

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

I am starting to see your point about "Clash" if they do treat the story realistically and get good actors involved. If it is well done, it could be a classic.

"They Live" is one of the best counterculture films out there. Anyone who has seen it would agree it should never be remade. It had the write political message against over consumerism back in the 1980s, and works well now with its message of keeping people stupid and controlling the population. I wonder what John Carpenter has to say about the remake.

"Arthur" works only because of its great cast. Any other persons would ruin the movie.

Hollywood is now remaking movies of the 1980s, and soon from the 1990s. I wonder how long it will be before Hollywood starts to remake movies that have not been released yet?

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
I wonder what John Carpenter has to say about the remake.

He's producing the movie as far as I know. I'm not sure how much he can do from a producer's standpoint, but it's better than him not being involved I guess.

Peace

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Hollywood is now remaking movies of the 1980s, and soon from the 1990s. I wonder how long it will be before Hollywood starts to remake movies that have not been released yet?

Check to see how many times I am Legend has been remade.

Seriously, I new that one was coming, they remake it about every 20 odd years.

I loved the original Clash of the Titans, I loved the original Voyages of Sinbad.
(I was crushed when I saw that the "Sinbad" TV series had nothing to do with the sailor as a kid.)
I don't want them remade, I want to just see them on TV.
Movie remakes always come out the same, with a few exceptions.
The producer wants to remake a movie, keep it to the source material, but he has a great new idea on how to present it... usually removing or at least damaging the shine the original had. Usually ruins the original to.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

I feel a little better with Mr Carpenter's involvement in the remake. I hope they don't try to remake "S.O.B", a true comic classic from Blake Edwards. It is about the shameless Hollywood system, and has a classic musical number with Julie Andrews. The wonderful Robert Preston plays a doctor and utters the memorable line after being called a shyster:

"I am a quack, not a shyster!"

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Sam Worthington might be a 'no-name' actor now, but he has three big movies coming out in 2009 including the new Terminator movie where he plays a supporting role to Christian Bale.

The irony to a couple of posts above is that one of the movies coming out in 2009 is a movie called Last Night where he stars opposite - you guessed it - Keira Knightley.

The third movie that he will star in is a movie called Avatar which is directed by James Cameron (Titanic, Terminator series, The Abyss) and also includes Sigourney Weaver and Giovanni Ribisi in the cast.

By the time COTT 2010 is released he should be known...

By the way - for all of you fans of remakes - another remake slated for 2010 is Fantastic Voyage. This should be another fun remake to see with today's special effects.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by COTT Fan

Sam Worthignton will be the biggest thing to come outa OZ for acting since Errol Flynn.
Hugh Jackman prances on Broadway, I still think he's hot, just a bit metro sexual and Eric Bana is kinda cardboard, and Russel Crowe is very hideous, a great actor who likes to fight people...alot.
Sam is going to be be big, he has a natural 'manly' charisma to him and is a very talented actor. Cant wait to see him in Clash, I loved that movie, but even as a kid laughed hysterically at the effects when we were made to watch it in history class on BETA tape!
Zazz

[edit on 25-3-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I wonder what John Carpenter has to say about the remake.

His quote: "cha-ching!"

As for Alba....why not write in a pole-dancing scene? l

[edit on 18-5-2009 by Gazrok]

top topics

join