It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Octuplet Mom Nadya Suleman Launches Website For Donations

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I hope she isnt a Muslim or there will be hell to pay on this site

I think its wrong for her to ask for money,I am sure the media are going to be paying for her kids all the way through the many schools they will be going to in the future.She will be riding that gravy train for many years without the public chipping in

as for the amount of children she has,its up to her-as long as the children are loved and brought up well then thats all fine and dandy.I personaly think she has too many!

Leaving nasty messages on her site isnt a very wise or humane thing to do,wouldnt surprise me if she gets death threats.I know if I was in her family I would be very upset and scared for her if she was recieving lots of negative comments.Sometimes if you havnt got anything good to say its best to say nothing

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I don't understand this mentality. It is actually quite simple "if you can't feed 'em, don't breed 'em". This country needs to stop rewarding baby factories.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Looks like a fairly professional operation to me.

I guess that makes sense since there is no doubt a PR agency involved to sell the pictures, get a book deal and eventually put her on Discovery or TLC.

Very sick.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I was going to leave a comment on the site, but then I though about how money hungry this woman appears to be and how I don't want to get sued.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Send Your Comments To CA Social Services:

www.dss.cahwnet.gov...

[email protected]

[email protected]

[edit on 2-11-09 by atoms.2008]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris
Here are the current results of an online poll done by an entertainment site:

"Octomom Donor Poll

Will you donate to Suleman's cause?

9.9% Yes, she seems genuine and can use all the financial help she can get
72.3% No, she's a drain on our taxes and our news cycles, and she brought this on herself
17.8% Maybe, if we weren't in the middle of a credit crisis "

That 9.9% of gullible idiots will make that trash heap of a woman filthy rich. I bet she doesn't even report the income, and will continue to collect food stamps and disability checks for the rest of her pathetic life. Chances are those kids will be severely neglected while the mom buys the nicest clothing and jewelry to compliment her plastic face. I live in an area with a particularly high instance of greedy "parents" and I see that allllll the time.

Scam artists know that the key to making a fortune isn't to dupe everybody, it comes in duping that one big score. It doesn't matter if 99.9999% of the people you send that Nigerian scam to just delete the message... it's that one dumb sap with more money than brains who will be signing your paycheck.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I think I'll send her a pair of scissors labeled "For those tubes you use too much"

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Ok I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. I think its discrimination to say 'you have to have a psych examand pass a test to have kids' just because I need IVF to do it, yet people who are fertile can have as many as they want. Where is the logic in that?
I think if you'd be a good parent it doesn't matter how you get there. If you want people to meet criteria for IVF then really its only right and fair that everyone would have to pass a test to procreate at all.
I'm so sick of reproductive ability being equated with right. Just because you can have kids doesn't mean you'd make a better parent than someone who needs help getting pregnant!

Originally posted by skeptic1
No one should limit the amount of children we have naturally.

However, looking at this case, there should be a detailed psychological evaluation/examination before IVF is performed. If a woman or couple does not pass the exam or if problems are found, then IVF shouldn't be performed. [/quote

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

If not adoptive parents, why not bio parents then??

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I will admit I was wrong when I gave this woman the benefit of doubt. The more information that comes out about her, the more I loathe the situation she created for these children.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
She and her other children have apparently gone into hiding because of death threats received:
uk.reuters.com...

I don't like what she's done, I would not donate to her -- but it's unconscionable that people would send her death threats.

I think the publicists are going to end up in the hole on this one, based on several quotes from the newspaper article:

Nadya Suleman, 33, has come under mounting public ridicule for expanding her already large family via fertility treatments that led to the January 26 birth of six boys and two girls at a Los Angeles-area hospital.

...and...

Furtney said Suleman and the PR firm have been deluged with hostile telephone and email messages in recent days, some of them containing threats of violence and death.

"The bulk of them just rail against her being, as they would refer to her, as a person who's taking advantage of the system, and they just go from there," Furtney said.

I don't think she's going to get her dream "advice show" or many of the other dreams she had. I'm not sure how many people would line up to buy a book about her... one that she profited from.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I hope the negative response shes receiving from her efforts to milk the system for what its worth and using her new born kids in process allows her to realise that she shouldnt have done this, i hope she can find a big enough rock to hide under with all those children shes got.

She needs to take that site down, get a job n crack on like the rest of us.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

damn, Feel sorry for the Kids
womans brought this on her self and she deserves what she gets
but on the other hand you have to feel sorry for the kids as they didnt play a part in her plans to Make money by exploiting the system

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
There's an answer for the situation the kids have been brought into: Take them out of it.

She's unfit to raise children. She is a mooch, a scammer, and a moron. Her own family has criticized her lack of parenting skills. She has no job or money of her own. She has voiced her belief that there is nothing wrong with any of that. She has even stated that her food stamps "aren't welfare."

Her kids should be put in foster care. With the publicity around the case, they're likely to be adopted in no time flat. Under her care, the only chance they'll be given is the chance to grow up learning how to manipulate the system and be a bunch of underfed, neglected, lost souls.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Mynaeris

you know what I am finding very odd about all of this is....
There once was a lady who had *6* babies not so very long ago.She already had one set of twins then had a set of 6, making it *8* babies. Now she and her husband got all kinds of FREE perks from a huge van from ford to free formula and clothes and monies from people all over the world!
Well hell they even have their own TV SHOW NOW ON 7 DAYS A WEEK! It isn't just a show either it's a company of sorts, as the parents are always on TV and answering emails...exactly who is paying the bills for the *8* kids they have? They live in a beautiful house all the kids are always in NEW clothes and have five tons of toys....WHO paid for all of this over the last three years?????

WOW and now a short time later their is absolute hate for a woman who had *8* babies????? OH thats right her estranged mother went on the news to get some airwaves time and to put down her daughter who wouldn't follow orders!
How could this have changed in such a short time? I will TELL YOU...
MSM MSM MSM MSM MSM MSM MSM MSM MSM MSM MSM MSM MSM MSM

IS THAT OBVIOUS ENOUGH? HOW MANY OF YOU WHERE WATCHING THE THE SET OF 6 TWINS AND EWWING AND AWWING? HOW MANY OF YOU THOUGHT IT WAS GREAT THAT FORD GAVE THEM A HUGE COMMUTER VAN? HOW MANY OF YOU THOUGHT IT WAS GREAT WHEN HASBRO GAVE THEM TONS OF TOYS AND CONTINUE TO DO SO? HOW MANY OF YOU THOUGHT IT WAS GREAT THAT THEY WHERE GETTING MONIES FROM PEOPLE ALL OVER THE WORLD SO THEY COULD STAY HOME AND "HELP" EACH OTHER?

turn off the tv and think back to when this really started and how you reacted then.......tell me I am wrong I dare you.

Now don't get me wrong here I am simply trying to make ALL of you see what has happened here. I for one had been told I couldn't have children 16 years ago. I got three miracles two beautiful boys and a girl. The MORNING after I had my daughter I had a tubal ligation. I didn't just get it because I was on the edge of loosing my kidneys.(I had them back to back less than 12 month between each) I didn't get it because I was sick as a dog. I got it because I knew that I wanted to be able to stay home with them and having more than three would make it way too hard on my husband. Who also wanted me to stay home and raise them up right because of where we live. Now I made that decision not because some earth first freaking out tree huger told me to, I made it because it was the right decision for me. Remember that one the right to choose. Now I don't think she should have had all 8 babies if she couldn't afford them. But perhaps she is one of those people who don't believe in abortion? Or maybe just perhaps her doctor did it to try and get the FAME the doctor who made those six babies got......

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

Not the same. That family is responsible. The father works full time and provides for the family. Are they taking the fame train over it? Yes. But they are NOT living on tax payer money. And im not sure but did they seek out fame or did fame come after them?

I just dont see it as the same. And im not a fan of them either (she, the mother annoys me lol). I dont watch the show, nor did i oooh and awww for them. That is not who I am as a person.

I think it is rather ridiculous that you one, YELL AT EVERYONE HERE and two, that you think you know all of us, when in fact you dont.

Funny and ridiculous.

[edit on 2/11/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by FunSized

You don't see a problem with this woman and what she did? You don't see a problem with multiple IVF treatments which resulted in multiple births each time.....for 14 all told?

Adoptive parents have to go through psych exams before they can adopt. Why not IVF patients after MULTIPLE IVF PROCEDURES THAT HAVE RESULTED IN MULTIPLE BIRTHS EACH TIME when they then want 6 embryos implanted??

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by FunSized

you are seriously missing the point of this topic. First off no one is saying that it is wrong to have a little help to get pregnant if you can't do it on your own.
HOWEVER it is really messed up if you are doing it deliberately knowing that you are unemployed in serious debt and have nothing to offer them but love.
Are you serious? Than have the audacity to come on tv with a FRESH MANICURE and talk about your website and how you are taking donations?
Come on now not only do these kids need to be taken away from her she needs a serious reality check on priorities. All this time that she wasted laying around getting pregnant she could have been out looking for a job and trying to actually help take care of the kids that she loves so dearly.
This is just a sick situation that needs to be put to rest ASAP! Stop babying this &^% woman, shes an adult it's time people stop sugar coating this, treating her like a child and tell her to grow the hell up already!

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by xoxo stacie
WOW and now a short time later their is absolute hate for a woman who had *8* babies????? OH thats right her estranged mother went on the news to get some airwaves time and to put down her daughter who wouldn't follow orders!

I think you may be thinking of a personal issue in your life. Nadya and her mother are not estranged? In fact her mother let's her live in her house, her mother feeds her and her 6 children. Her mother has lost almost everything in her life because of Nadya's need for love from children. So I think you truly must be thinking of someone else.

The reason people don't like Nadya is that despite not looking after her children, and not working, and being sponsored by welfare she insisted on "rescuing" her remaining 6 frozen embryos. She didn't care that they might be born with all kinds of medical conditions, they were hers. SDhe didn't mind that she had failed to provide for the previous six. In her own words God would provide. What was the first thing she did after giving birth - she hired a publicist.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I disagree with what this women has going on in her life. As a father of four children I truly know how hard it is to support a family financially. My wife lay burden to the pleasures of being a stay at home mom. The real victims are her previous six children and her parents. This woman should be committed for her addiction to childbirth.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join