It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Octuplet Mom Nadya Suleman Launches Website For Donations

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Mynaeris

Do you know if people has been leaving ugly messages on her home directly?. I bet some people will just go around where she lives to to check about her.

After all she does enjoy fame now.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I cant believe she is asking for money. She took the responsibility to have all 8 kids, she can take care of all her kids by getting a job. Maybe she should have done what is right by her kids and had them with a dad. Who could help her take care of the kids. This is actually really sad, the kids are going to grow up with nothing not even a dad. We have to responsible for our kids if we chose to have them. Not ask everyone in America to help support her kids. She should get no welfare, she chose all this for herself. Make her work and take care of her kids herself. Not America!!!!!!!!!! Not to mention she has other kids, where is the Daddy to those kids. Did she have all those kids by invitro, not the 8babies but her other kids. If she chose invitro for all her kids, then she should have no help whatsoever, except from her family who raised her to think this way. Women dont have kids if you cant be the dad of the baby. A kid needs a stable family growin up so that he can be a functioning adult in a society.

edit to add: out of her 6 other children 3 of them has disabilities and she gets $600 a month for each of them. Her older 3 children have ADHD, speech impediment, and autism. So she has 3 kids who are already messed up, and decided to have 8 more. She was already on welfare, who would think its ok to have 8 more kids when you cant support your own kids you already have. I'm leaving her message on her website, I really hope she reads it.

[edit on 11-2-2009 by isa75]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by isa75

Isa they were all by IVF. She and her husband were seperated for the past 8 years - divorced officially in Nov 2008. The husband is not the father. All the babies are from the same sperm donor. The sperm donor has no contact with any of the children. Three of the original six are disabled. She receives foodstamps and welfare checks for the three disabled children. She is on permanent disability since 2001 and that is when she started breeding. The money she got in workman's comp she has spent on plastic surgery to look more like Angelina Jolie and IVF. According to her mother she hasn't contributed anything towards any of her childrens day to day life. Her only contributions have been toys.

Originally posted by isa75
Her older 3 children have ADHD, speech impediment, and autism.

This woman sure knows how to play the welfare game. Three diseases that are pretty easy to fake with the help of the right medical practitioner. Before all those with autistic kids jump on me, I am saying I am betting that the child was diagnosed with mild autism.

Maybe Octo-mom could teach a course in Welfare Queening at the Learning Annex.

[edit on 11-2-2009 by Mynaeris]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Somebody needs to do a dns attack on the website and prevent them from getting donations

Regardless whether you are in accord with what she did you think you're any better denying her right to speech?
You want to censor her right to use the internet?
Where do you draw the line?
Women who have too many babies, or just people you don’t like?
How about me, you going to send a DNS attack on me now for voicing my opinion which is I think this is truly the scummiest post I've read since joining ATS.
Denying ignorance, you're spawning it.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

OOPS : I think people are really shocked and horrified that this woman has publicly gone out to use her children to beg for money. If she were standing on the street with her children begging for money we would call CPS. Why aren't we insisting that CPS take this site down, or has begging for money become an acceptable way to raise children?

For that matter where was CPS when this woman started receiving disability benefits for THREE of her children and had no husband. Does CPS not investigate anything?

[edited because I can't read on 11-2-2009 by Mynaeris]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

They were referring to the post, not this thread.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
I would also strongly suggest everyone be very careful what comments you leave on her website. Let me refer to a thread I started:

Be careful what you post on line

[edit on 2/11/2009 by greeneyedleo]

And let's not forget this one!

Hundreds who posted views on sex assault trial targeted in Tarrant suit

Hundreds of people who posted their opinions of a sexual assault trial in an online forum are now the targets of a lawsuit.

Here's where this story is/was being discussed on ATS.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 2/11/2009 by Keyhole]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
This woman is a idiot. no money and still having kids. Not only is she a NUT! but a leech on society. she should not only have her tubes tied but should be humanly euthanized. and not receive any publicity or help from the goverment.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

No, that would be a gross violation of civil rights. There are many religions who consider psychology and psychiatry no better than snake oil sales. It isn't just the scientologists, either.

If you are going to make psych evaluations required for EVERYONE who is going to parent before releasing their infant to their custody, fine. But to treat infertility patients differently is just discriminatory.

Remember, her doctor is not even board certified and had a gross violation of the standard of care by transferring 6 embryos. There was no good reason 3 separate transfers of 2 could not have been done.

You do not make laws for outliers.

[edit on 11-2-2009 by mlowsley]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mlowsley

Adoptive parents have to go through these evaluations and examinations. Why not IVF patients?

And, it is not a civil rights issue nor a religious issue. It is a common sense issue.

[edit on 2/11/2009 by skeptic1]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Is she open to accepting a large shipment of condoms and other birth control?

I see no reason to send this woman anything else.

I'm sure there are plenty of "baby fanatics" who will buy into this hook, line and sinker - but personally, I'm somewhat outraged from what I've heard of this case.

As they say in the South : "If ya can't feed 'em, don't breed 'em."

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Because IVF is a MEDICAL issue and medical privacy is a right in the United States - as are reproductive rights.

If people are using their own gametes it is no one's business. That there was donor sperm involved makes this case more murky - but not much.

In all honesty, it is way too hard to adopt in the USA. This is why most childless couples do not go that route.

Reproductive and Medical privacy rights ARE civil rights under the law in the USA. I like it that way. The only problem here is CPS not doing its job with her other kids - and the physician being a quack.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mlowsley

There are other medical issues with far less lasting effects than IVF where people have to have psychological exams before the procedure takes place. Plastic surgery is one....especially after several procedures. The patient has to go through a psychological exam to make sure that they don't have mental problems.

Yes, the doctor is an idiot who should have his medical license revoked. But, this woman (and any woman or couple who decide to have IVF treatment after IVF treatment after IVF treatment that results in multiple children each time) needed to have her mental capacity checked before she was allowed to have all these treatments, all these implantations, and all these kids.

As for those asking about CPS, there is no abuse....yet. Probably, neither of her parents (who she lives with) has reported a problem to the authorities. But, I bet, after all the media attention she is getting, they will drop on her to see what is happening.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I think that everyone should just ignore her.

You can get revenue from ads just by the number of people that visit her site.

I won't visit her site, I switch channels if she is on TV.

Don't pay any attention to her.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Actually, no, there is no legal requirement for counseling before having plastic surgery. (The only one that I can think of where it is required is sex changes - and that is because it usually comes from a therapist diagnosing sexual confusion in the first place. It started with a therapist and ended with a therapist.) This woman found a person who isn't even board certified as an ob/gyn - the vast majority of disasters come from people who haven't been board certified or just hang out a shingle - in every specialized branch of medicine.

Any interference with reproductive rights is a violation of people's rights in the USA.

Her behavior on several fronts warranted a CPS visit. Extensive births after getting disability from a back injury? This woman is a scam artist who met up with a doctor who has a rather shady past. You do not use outliers against the vast majority of people.

By the way, to inject some realism. Only 30% of IVF cycles result in a live birth. That means for every 10 couples / women you see in a clinic only 3 will get a baby.

The rates for IUI are even worse.

And those stats don't even include the people who are turned away because they are the "difficult" cases. Lots of couples are turned away for all kinds of reasons.

The real story is that this procedure doesn't work all that well because there is no research money being put into it. The lack of research encourages careless behavior on the part of unreputable doctors.

Ultimately, the only thing such a thing as requiring psych evaluations would do would be more lawsuits and more infertility tourism - something already popular in Europe and Canada - to not deal with onerous US laws.

ETA: Interestingly, those couples who plan for conception - and no conception is more planned out than IVF - have healthier marriages. This woman is an aberration and should in no way influence policy on reproduction. She is a poster child for what is wrong with psychiatry and psychology.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by GENERAL EYES

It wouldn't work because she is not having them with a partner the children are injected, what she needs a staple.

And any doctor that help her conceive those 14 children in jail.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Here are the current results of an online poll done by an entertainment site:

"Octomom Donor Poll

Will you donate to Suleman's cause?

9.9% Yes, she seems genuine and can use all the financial help she can get
72.3% No, she's a drain on our taxes and our news cycles, and she brought this on herself
17.8% Maybe, if we weren't in the middle of a credit crisis "

You will notice that no less than 27.6% of people on that site think that she is worth contributing to. As the saying goes "There's a sucker born every minute" P.T Barnum.And Nadya Suleman knows that there are many kind hearted suckers out there who will make her dream come true.

Also notice that Octo-mom has excluded her other six children's pictures off her Nadya Suleman and family website. Why do you think she did it?

My thoughts are probably because they are old news, like the cute puppy that grew up and now is just a nuisance.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I hear she is starting a baseball team, and even has a full bullpen. Any ideas for a team name?

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by phushion

Chip In For a Bullet Huh ? - As "Wrong" As You People think She Is, She Is Doing what She Was taught to do. Everyday We See People "Exploiting" Some part of Themselves to "Media" And Whatever Else For Monitery Gain. Funny THing is ..WE are the MEDIA, WE as a Society and as a people who watch listin and live of NEWS are who pay for these things. Does that make us Supporters of What she does ? Albait, there are also the "extremist for the cause" type of ppl who are actually donating and so on.And as far as morals and principles go, I think we've Succesfully Turned That concept into a Part of "religion" which ppl who are not religiouse are not expected to excersice. So Who Are We To Challenge Beliefs, And Condemn A made choice and a Way of Living ..? Better Yet, Why Now ? I'm Sure There have been many cases like these with More "sinisism,greed and and just plain wRongness" about them.

P.s Im Not Hating on Your Post. I respect all Opinions as given by a fellow human. I Just propose a deeper more patient understanding of the way people work ..the reasons they do things ..and what kind of ties the manufacturer of your baught bullet and the government have.

P.s Again, I'm New at This, I think This is My First Post. I have Not Read anything much about the case of this woman and her 8 children an etc. I'm just spekaing for a general love for all.

PEace An Love And all That Good stuff. Benjamin.

*Excuse my Way of typing.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I blame the Media and any sort of Media source that Pays this Woman to get an Interview as they will be indorsing this crap

and i blame anyone that Buys a magazine with a exclusive to this womans life or watches a special on this woman as they are endorsing it aswell.

This woman isnt fit to have Kids 14
come on. she will be a Burdin to the State and her family for Years to come.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join