It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coast To Coast Am Alternatives

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Hello concerned citizens,not sure if im in correct area of the website but I just have simple question,I usually listen to coast to coast fm with George Noory and the rest of them and think the show is really good,obviously they get the odd crackpot but most are genuine and have very interesting stories,This site has great selection of shows going back years-

Coast To Coast FM Archives

Ok my query,is there any other c2c type shows which generally discuss similar topics which I can also listen to and download from net if possible.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Thanks a lot for that link. Now I can go back and hear what I missed.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Great Link!
Just bookmarked it!!
S&F4U

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
There are a bunch of them ranging from a mix like C2C to heavy on politics and heavy on sci-fi.

These are good places to start:

www.shoutcast.com...

streamingradioguide.com...

Also the smaller networks have some good stuff so check GCN, RBN, etc...

And there's always Jeff Rense.

I'm kind of a radio junkie. Shortwave is awesome if you have a good antenna otherwise you'll just get a lot of foreign language stuff and religious stuff.

For more paranormal type stuff:

www.ghostvillage.com/links/links_media.shtml
www.planetparanormal.com

Internet only radio can be a little iffy. Internet radio is like blogging. Anybody can do it so the good stuff is buried under tons and tons of crap.

Im not big on podcasts or recorded shows. For some reason if it's not live I dont care to listen.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Although not very conspiritorial, these are a couple of my favourite shows online, they deal with science mostly, from the mundane to the far out.

Explorations with Michio Kaku, Online Archives

www.kpfa.org...

SETI Podcast with Seth Shostak, Online Archives

radio.seti.org...

If NWO is your thing, then Alex Jones is worth a listen:

Alex Jones Live Stream, show repeats 24h while not live

www.infowars.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I used to run Kubuntu Linux on my computer, until the power supply went, and it had a program called Amarok [much like Windows Media Player, only better], with which you could listen to radio streams from all around the world, many of which dealt with the issues that C2C does. I don't know if that program works for Windows/Mac, but you could give it a look. Or if you're daring, you could install Kubuntu. Not a direct alternative/supplament, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Wow. This is great! Thanks for the link!

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
I used to run Kubuntu Linux on my computer, until the power supply went, and it had a program called Amarok [much like Windows Media Player, only better], with which you could listen to radio streams from all around the world, many of which dealt with the issues that C2C does. I don't know if that program works for Windows/Mac, but you could give it a look. Or if you're daring, you could install Kubuntu. Not a direct alternative/supplament, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

I'm a linuxer too, Amarok uses the streams from shoutcast.com for the bulk. I don't think Amarok is available for windows yet, but VLC is on windows/linux/mac, and can do the same 'library system' for playing shoutcast streams

You can get VLC here:

www.videolan.org...

Under the section "Listen to online radio" on their wiki, they explain how to use it for shoutcast.

wiki.videolan.org...

[edit on 11/2/2009 by RubberBaron]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by RubberBaron
Explorations with Michio Kaku, Online Archives

www.kpfa.org...

Science Fantastic with Kaku is great too but no online archives and no podcasting without subscribing. There is a station within reception of me that carries the show and of course you can listen online.

I love Kaku.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Hi, yes, I listen to science fantastic too,

I listen to that online also, on KRMS

www.1150krms.com...

Direct link to live stream:

jazz.mediaserv1.com...

That is on ~4pm Saturdays.

Being in the UK it is hard to find streams that work sometimes, as they can tell you are not in the USA and cut you off, but KRMS doesn't.

While mentioning that, I will also mention CFUN, that is the station I listen to Coast to Coast on. That is a good station for UK Listeners, or early morning US people because after C2C has aired, they re-run it without adverts, starting at 10am UK time.

www.talk1410.com...

[edit on 11/2/2009 by RubberBaron]

top topics

join