It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreaming the future?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
The first time I had a dream of the future was when I was 12 years old.

Nothing super spectacular, invited to a BBQ with a school friend to a house I'd never been before. They had a games room in the top story of the house, and it was whilst watching 2 kids playing Atari games that I went into the dream. The events for the next 30 seconds where exactly as I had dreamed a week earlier.

Years later I had a recurring dream. A large jumbo jet crashing into a building. The weird thing about the dream was after the first jet and explosion, I was happy I was still alive, a second jet came and smashed into the building and exploded - each time the second jet exploded I awoke.

Did I dream of the twin towers? No I do not think I did. I didn't see the twin towers in my dream, just a big building which looked nothing like the towers. Also the planes smashed into the same building. But still, those who know me well, and that I had told about my dream, where a little amazed after the event.

Not long after the twin towers I started having dreams about the beach. The dream was always the same in that I would be at the beach sitting on the sand and notice the water at the beaches edge would start to move away, like a reverse effect of the waves. I would stand and walk towards the water, with this feeling something bad was happening. Then I would turn and start yelling at the thousands of people on the beach to run. But no one would listen. I stand there yelling and pleading with people to run and then their faces turned to horror, and I turned around to see a huge wall of water coming ....and wake up.

Did I dream the tsunami? No I dont think I did. From the footage I've seen it was nothing like what I dreamed. But still my friends who know me well where amazed when it happened.

Now I'm having another dream. The same dream over and over and I will share it with anyone here who cares to read it. I am not saying I can predict the future.
This is not a warning or a grab for attention. Its just something I feel almost compelled to write. If someone else is dreaming the same thing, or maybe someone here has information and this dream helps them in their understanding, or research.

I am in a building sleeping on the floor. All of a sudden there is a loud explosion which wakes me. As I sit up and try to get my head together the building shakes, like a small earthquake, then stops. Everyone else in the room gets up, as there are others in the room sleeping on the floor and there is confusion and people looked scared.
Through the edges of the window blind I can see an orange glow, like fire and walk over to the window to look outside. I pull the bottom of the blind so it goes up and see an entire city on fire.

Not a small country town, but an entire city, with skyscrapers and streets. Everything is burning. The weird thing, it looks like a flood, like the streets are filled with burning black water and at first I think it is a flood, but realize its fire, everything appears to be slowly moving because of the radiant heat, like a mirage. Then the screaming starts and everyone in the building is panicking. I want to get out, but down below everything is on fire, and the lower floors of the building are burning.

From the height I was looking from the window I would say I was in a skyscraper. None of the windows where broken and everything below was burning and broken. Tall buildings where still standing, but they too where on fire at the base and up a few floors. Everything at ground level was burning, and because of so much fire, I could see the entire city from the glowing flames. At this point I wake up.

Volcanic eruption? Nuclear blast? I have no idea. I am not trying to scare people, or peddle some site, or even pretend to know what this means. I've been having dreams like these off and on since I was a young boy, and now on the verge of 40 I am having them again.
This is NOT a prediction of some event that is going to happen. I have written it down here at ATS for anyone who is interested to read it.

Make of it what you will.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I've had dreams exactly dreaming what has happened to me, like yours.. just little events.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
The same here am at home my mum calls me down. The TV is switch n sky news an the news man says war has been declared no that i have read your story i know that they want stop. Yesterday i was walking to school i heard sound my friend to. Its was like a explosion in the air this lasted for 20 -30 seconds at the most We look at the sky and noticed a cycler object in the sky. then it ended My friend is having the same dreams Could any one help me please. I lest there is more where're are you?

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The same here am at home my mum calls me down. The TV is switch n sky news an the news man says war has been declared no that i have read your story i know that they want stop. Yesterday i was walking to school i heard sound my friend to. Its was like a explosion in the air this lasted for 20 -30 seconds at the most We look at the sky and noticed a cycler object in the sky. then it ended My friend is having the same dreams Could any one help me please. I lest there is more where're are you?

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I've had dream issues like yours ever sense I was about 5. I recalled names of people, places and described to my mother exactly what my dream was just because I was so young and thought it was a cool dream.

This particular one came true 7 years later and when I asked my mother about the dream I told about when I was 5 she about pee'd her pants realizing it was verbatim what just all took place.

But for me it is only what directly affects my life.

Best thing I could come up with to avoid the whole psychic thing sense I don't really go for that idea was that maybe our brains are able to determine most likely outcomes of certain circumstances in the sub conscious and then releases that information to the conscious side of our brain through dreams.

If you do have problems with the reoccurring ones I found if I take 100mg of Benadryl before I go to bed I never remember my dreams. But before I found that it kind of spooked me every time things would unfold just as I had dreamed them. In my case it was more of a curse than anything because most things I don't want to know.

I would guess volcano or some type of flood other than water, just because nuclear would seem to me to be quick and not a slow moving process. Flood could be slow moving but the flames part would lead me to believe it's some type of large chemical spill that ignited.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
You know what, it almost sounded like the Australian Bush fires-They destroyed a large area/surrounding homes.

It's either that, or my guess would be a volcanic eruption (most likely from one of the volcanoes that is on the verge of erupting.)

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Burginthorn

I don't think that you are an attention seeker and what you write sounds really interesting.

So is there an explanation? It was sometime last year when I listened to a podcast and a hypnotist said that he sent numerous people into the future. They came back with a statement such as there is no desert anymore in the future.

You could possibly have travelled into the future. But time travel?

Here is an approach:
Imagine you have been to this world many times. At one time you chose to reincarnate at point 1. Another time you chose to reincarnate at point 3. Now you have chosen to experience the perceived time called 2 what you also think is "the present".

What one person calls time could overlap and you have done nothing but touched what you have already experience.

It is one possible scenario. Interesting thread anyway.

Greetings

[edit on 13-2-2009 by TheWriter]

top topics

join