It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CAUGHT ON TAPE: Fresno Police Officers Violent Arrest of a Homeless Man

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
one claims to have had his badge ripped off by the man, but on the vid all badges look intact

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by invisibleman11
reply to post by spookjr

yes they do!!! if someone comes at me trying to beat me down or worse you can bet im going to subdue them in any possible way.....even cops have a right to defend them selves. not all cops are sociopaths looking to pick a fight.
This also shows how dumb this cop is for two reasons, you don't punch person in head.
Reason !. Will maybe kill person.
or
Reason 2. You might break hand if person has hard skull, which I hope he did.

Know how to spot a good cop all the other cops hate him.

[edit on 11-2-2009 by googolplex]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
there will never be an equal siding to this situation...the question is...did the officers go too far in trying to arrest the homeless man???

my opinion is that they did...regardless of what the man did before the initial incident...he did not deserve to get beaten the way he did...for one...his hands were being held by the officer already and second...punching a person in the head for an officer is just ridiculous...i mean come on...you could of used your baton on his legs to try to subdued him...why the head???hello...cop or not...i don't give a dam...this is foul...

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Saw this on the news this morning. God damn it I hate cops so much.
Nothing but killers with badges.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
this is exactly what the police do. if any, any, resistance is shown, the police have the right to beat the crap out of you, and you are in serious peril of losing your life if you continue. they have the gun, the badge, and this continues across the nation again and again with no changes taking place in the overall mentality. so, it must be condoned, and accepted behavior. resist and you could be killed, this is just the way it is.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Hey - we live in the mountains above Fresno. Tell that pudgy psychotic cop to try that bull# up here on one of us mountain boys....

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Cop to perpetrator, oh so your going to beat my fist with your face huh? Looks like I'm going to have to charge you with assalt on a Police Officer. Good thing I had my Sap gloves on, might of hurt my hand, face is dangerous weapon.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
The guy who video taped it, "I don't think anybody should be beat like that. They don't let you beat dogs and get away with it."
You're damn right PETA would have been all over it if that was a hamster.

The Police Chief - "Initial reaction of people that view this will be one of uhhhh disbelief. One that will shock individuals, and one that causes concern of the level of force being used."

YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT CONCERN COMES TO MIND.
The poor guy has it bad enough as it, only to be treated like a roach under the officers shoes.

I hope that cop that was throwing the blows gets it to the fullest extent possible.

The officer, Beatey has had a history of violence. In 2004 there was a VIOLENT confrontation with a Sheriff Deputy that took a call at the house of Beatey's parents, where Beatey hit the Sheriff over the head with a flash light.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
How odd that I should stumble upon this. I am from Fresno and the police there are absolutely disgusting. I had no idea this had occured until I saw this post. They lock up anyone for anything yet violent criminals are let go all the time. The Fresno Police Department is one of the worst run departments I have ever known of. Absolutely unforgivable. In contrast, I now live in Henderson Nevada, right outside of Las Vegas and have dealt with the Henderson Police Department many times. These are very good men and women, so I'd like to thank them for that.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
that cop should receive his own beating after that fiasco. Definitely should lose his job and hopefully the homeless guy sues him and puts HIM on the street. That would be poetic justice.

[edit on 2/12/2009 by JPhish]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by sadchild01
more murderous violent behaviour by american cops , welcome to fascist USA

Yeah, pity they weren't arrested by Che, god bless him, if he had been still alive, they could have been summarily executed by the dead communist racist then

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Th e cops are to protect and to serve the public and enforce our laws to protect its citizens from harm. They go thru extensive training in subdueing perpetrators. I, myself, have had a few run-ins with the law.(I used to like to drink and drive alot.-very stupid) I've never had a bad experience with any of my arresting officers. They are trained with this wrist-like manuver that I can say is very effective. Now I have never had this type of training of of beating the back of ones head when you're down done to me. This particlular officer should have been arrested and charged not just put on leave and the possibility of losing his job. They are held to higher expectations and should be dealt with more severely.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Unfortunately this appears to be acceptable in our country...this happens more often than most would think..but if a civilian ever even looks at a cop wrong it is a felony charge..yes thats right, ever hear of an officer of the law inflate charges..make them up...also run of the mill..it is unfortunate that a badge gives cops carte blanche to do anything they want to. It is so obvious the cop knew he was wrong judging by him looking around as if he were guilty while he happened to be punching a detained man..both officers should be fired immediately..imagine how many others they have done this to..
It is also very unfortunate that cops know their superiors will back them up unless they are presented with hard evidence such as anothers video tape. Further, who believes a homeless crazy man or someone who has had a record for anything in the past..I am sure it is not the easiest job but maybe those with anger management issues should not be a part of any police department..

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
People in this world are so screwed up nowadays honestly is it a surprise those in charge of policeing us are so violent

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join