It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CAUGHT ON TAPE: Fresno Police Officers Violent Arrest of a Homeless Man

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by spookjr
You know, I dont care what the guy did, the police do not have the right to beat a person with their fists when the guy is on the ground. Period. I dont care what the guy did 8 minutes before the vid starts.

Disagree.

First: Police officers are people too. Honestly most of them are actually pretty decent people, especially after you aren't deemed a threat.

Second: Resisting arrest, either verbally or physically is just asking for it. I don't even know how ignorant is to even put yourself in this position and then cry brutality after. There's a time and place for resistance, and it ISN'T WHILE youre getting arrested. Keep your mouth shut, bite the bullet for a little while then fight later (with MUCH better chances.)

Third: Everyone is so quick to jump on LE's. Granted some videos they are acting out of professional behavior they should adhere too. But everyone cries brutality when a guy gets shot 12 times for pointing a gun at a cop. Darwinism will always have the last word.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by invisibleman11

did you actually watch the video? or are you going off of the picture? i'm not trying to pick a fight just wondering ...

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
It would be nice if someone would keep an eye on these officers. If they were to found parking illegally, jaywalking, or something similar, get three or four guys to approach them, inform them of their infraction, and attempt a citizens arrest. If the officers refuse to comply with the arrest, beat the holy hell out of them, force them to the ground and cuff them. A few punches and kicks while they're handcuffed wouldn't hurt.

Good, legal, citizens arrest.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by baseball101

ya i did and it appears to be little over the top, but you didnt see what happened before the guy was on the ground. you can see him resisting and fighting the cops though, which leads me to belive that this guy asked for it. it sounds wrong but the officers have a right to protect themselves against agression. what are they supposed to do say "oh this guy doesnt want to go to jail for an offence and is resisiting us so lets just let the poor drunk go"

either way their isnt enough evidence to say who is truly on the right.
the cops could be complete d-bags or it could be the homeless guy we dont know either way

[edit on 11-2-2009 by invisibleman11]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
the media has a very nasty habit of reporting on these type of videos that make the cops look like they are complete monsters. i think its largley an attempt to gain ratings, this happens time and again

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Violence Violence Violence, humans seem to think that it is acceptable. The police had the man on the ground. The cop punched the man one more time for good measure after he was cuffed. Not acceptable.

Sorry folks, but I don't see that as the cop "protecting" himself.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
That guy was a bad ass you could see he was getting the best of them, if that officer had not punched him when he did there's no telling what would have happened.
When someone has the upper hand on the officers the way he did it's a wonder how they could show restraint not to just shoot the scum.
That guy was a monster I bet he benches every bit of 80 or 90 pounds, what a threat.
And he did punch officer in arm, that could have been lethal in it self, you know pressure points, death blow.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Only good cop is a dead cop.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
If there were a video that showed a group of people punching and kicking a cop, would you apologists be making these same excuses and assumptions? I doubt it...you would be calling for their heads, and crying about the violent thugs abusing the poor little piggies. The sooner you realize that the police are not on your side, the easier it will be to see these events for what they are. Flagrant abuses of power by protected psychopaths. I can't even believe that they give most of these guys weapons and authority. Why do people always feel the need to make excuses rather than demand they be held accountable for their actions. My only hope is that someday you all have your own run-ins with one of these monsters, and realize that we were only trying to warn you of your own naivete in trusting these agencies.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
The full story here may never be known, but I do know one thing. The Chief said that one of the officer's badges had been ripped off. I see a badge on both officers throughout the video. Someone's a liar...
And FYI, I'm not a cop hater, just a person that thinks morals in this world are going down the toilet.
In fact, I'm going to be going through testing here in a week to get on a local PD here, but I can guarantee you that I will never behave as these officers did.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
the police are NOT normal civilians, they should capable of a higher standard of restraint. the "police are just people too" rubbish is not an acceptable defense to this type of behavior.

perhaps you think i'm being unreasonable but if a person is incapable of showing the restraint necessary to arrest a homeless guy without punching him repeatedly in the head then i certainly don't want him pulling my girlfriend over for speeding.

if i'm paying someone to protect me i expect them to protect me from you, me and them, all at once if necessary.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
The cops got me one time I was on the run, I had gotten ticket for expired plates in my bosses truck which, he did not pay ticket, witch he said he would.
This ticket was major, I mean 25 bucks, I mean federal facing life.
When officer said your under arrest for unpaid traffic ticket I said Ok started to walk to police car, no big deal, thought would get in car go to police station.
These bastards jumped me two on each side, my natural reaction was to pull back, back then I was every bit of 160 lbs of pure musle at least 14 in. arms, I mean straped.
These punks two on each arm could not put culfs on me, they told Judge I put my thumbs in belt loops. When they grabed me, I said wait a minute, I want to put my thumbs in belt hoops, try this is joke. Plus I'm sure belt loops or thumbs would have riped off.
Then the fifth one grabed my throat, he choked me till blood was coming out of mouth, then I saw he was pulling my hair out, I said no dude not the du, and gave up.
I should have sued the witnesses which were alot, told Judge I did nothing to provoke this.
If they didn't have guns I would have kick all their asses. I didn't want to get shot in front of my 8 year old.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
There IS enough evidence to see that the drunk guy, no matter how much they want to say he was being violent, was on the ground, thrown down twice and had punches to the face when the cop should have been helping his partner just grab his arm and force it behind him. YOU DO NOT BEAT EVERYONE WHO DOESN'T DO WHAT THE COPS SAY. PERIOD. No, it is not their duty to beat everyone, and I'm not saying they can't protect themselves, but that fat little cop wasn't protecting himself, he was trying to demean and belittle that homeless guy because he thought nobody was looking. It's disgusting and sick.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oreyeon

In fact, I'm going to be going through testing here in a week to get on a local PD here, but I can guarantee you that I will never behave as these officers did.

Wont work dude God Bless you and all that, but if your not in click you will be Black Balled from your Brothers in Blue.
I did at one time teach self defence to Cops at the police stations, hung out with some of cops, one county Sheriff said he was biggest crook around, admitted it.
They were real fun when drunk, when Chief would go in Bar resturant, the Bartender knew to to put his double and triple shots in front of next seat over, he was under cover, on duty.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
invisibleman11 i see your point yes the police are people to and have the right to protect them sleves. however there is no need to punch a man in the back of the head as hard as you can when he is restrained. The officer could have killed him. it was very barbaric and pointless and he did it just "because".

im sorry i don't understand your justification of beating subdued people. maybe you like to, but it is wrong. i just don't think you can grasp your head around the concept.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I wonder if people would be more happy if they taserd him. The fact is these cops don't know this guy they don't know if hes going for a knife or a gun or hes high out of his mind on PCP.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Another thing most of you missed was when cop was punching guy he was saying Thema you bitch, it is obvious he had a fight with his wife earlier and was just taking it out on poor guy.
I know some of the cops I was training would go in drunk tank to pratice the moves I was teaching them, some of them would amost get ass kicked had to call in back up.
Then when I saw them they would say googolplex the moves just aren't working right.
I would tell them just keep practicing, practice makes perfect.

When was kid I believed all the bull that was being cramed down my throat, now I know most were lies, most of Government is crooked. There is no Santa Claus.
Trust in God, all others pay cash.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
It seems to me both cops have their badges on. Or are we to believe that they held off on beating the man for ripping off the badge until after they put the badge back on?

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cio88
Tell me, do you guys EVER sympathize with the cops? Or better yet, do you ever post videos of citizens acting badly with the thread title, "Idiot citizen picks fight with cop"?

As usual, we see a very edited video that appears to be slowed down. We dont even see the beginning! The guy is resisting, why is he doing that? Anyone who resists arrest is going to catch a beat down.

[edit on 11-2-2009 by Cio88]

How soon your forget that an innocent person AFTER being cuffed got shot in the back(?) wasn't just last month this happened ???

www.abovetopsecret.com...

but, as you know, you can always google to see the increasing amount of abused by police.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Power that is lent to authority is never given back but must be taken back!
The cheif should do his job and fire those 2 cops or the people of Fresno should take things into "their own hands"!

Ask yourself: Do we deserve more if this is what we will accept?

Freedom comes from us. It is not something that is given to us.

It is time to send the message..........

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join