It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CAUGHT ON TAPE: Fresno Police Officers Violent Arrest of a Homeless Man

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

CAUGHT ON TAPE: Fresno Police Officers Violent Arrest of a Homeless Man

www.ksee24.com

Two Fresno police officers are under an internal investigation following the release of a video tape obtained by KSEE 24 News showing the officers beating a homeless man. The person who recorded the video said while he did not want to reveal his identity, he felt compelled to hand it over to KSEE 24 News in hopes of protecting those who cannot protect themselves.
It appears 2 of the blows came after Beaty was partially or fully restrained with his hands behind his back.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
This is just another example of the law enforcement protecting and serving right? wrong ... this is just outrageous when is there going to be some change where cops won't excessively use force when they aren't even being attacked? ... i personally didn't see the man threatening the cops at all in the video ...

VIDEO HERE

www.ksee24.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
more murderous violent behaviour by american cops , welcome to fascist USA

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Simply uncalled for. The officer who beat him should be fired on the spot. I find no fault with the other officer except the fact he didn't try to stop his partner. However, seeing that he was busy trying to arrest the guy, I give him leeway.

The officer in fault should also be brought up on assault charges. I would expect this behavior in some other countries, but not ours.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
unfourtantly you cant see the vid. these things have nasty habit of starting just when cops start to beat someone. im not defending the cops nor the man. but isnt a good possibilty that the homeless man resisted are started to become combative and actout violently.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Tell me, do you guys EVER sympathize with the cops? Or better yet, do you ever post videos of citizens acting badly with the thread title, "Idiot citizen picks fight with cop"?

As usual, we see a very edited video that appears to be slowed down. We dont even see the beginning! The guy is resisting, why is he doing that? Anyone who resists arrest is going to catch a beat down.

[edit on 11-2-2009 by Cio88]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Cio88

of course not. the they couldnt rebel aginst the man. you have no idea what really happens. these vids are made a stroy because it makes the police seem brutal when you cant see the video from the begining when the idiots that end up getting beat are assaulting the officers or resisting arrest.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Why was it necessary to punch the man in the face that many times?
He was struggling yes, but there is other things to do than punch him in the face.
These sloppy fat idiots have no clue they should have already had him cuffed.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by invisibleman11

unfourtantly you cant see the vid. these things have nasty habit of starting just when cops start to beat someone. im not defending the cops nor the man. but isnt a good possibilty that the homeless man resisted are started to become combative and actout violently.

True point you make. we may not be seeing the whole video.However, I still question whether it is police protocol to hit people in the face to subdue them. I think if he would have helped his partner turn him over they would have had him handcuffed pretty quick.

I applaud you on the point you brought up.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
it may not be policy but cop or not you have the right to defend yourself against physical attack. again im not defending beating innocent people but we just cant determine whats really going on here just by the video and/or heresay

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Typical thug cops...sick, isn't it? Cops are fr the most part cowardly bullies that love to get cheap shots in to assuage their immature anger. They often are sadistic freaks that enjoy hurting people any chance they get, like when some poor homeless man gets hassled by them. If anyone squirms at al, the thug nazicops call it ' resisting' and use it as an excuse to beat and torment the innocent citizens they encounter.

Homeless people are favorite targets of thug cops because they know that no one will likley help the poor victims, or file a lawsuit. Money is al it takes to reign in a filthy cop; a federal civil rights lawsuit will cause so much grief to the thugs that often they settle early so the juries will not hear about all the other cases in the past that the cops have on their records for absing the people.

Some day I hope to pick up a paper and read about a group of unknown people taking bad cops off the sreets, however it may take to do it. A cop like this one, that abuses the unfortunate, deservs to be thrown deep into a prison with the most hard core cop haters alive doing time there so the the thug cops can get a taste of real justice. The boys on the inside know just how to deal with cops, qas we all should have the same resolvewyhen dealing with these human scum.

Cops are the enemy, always trying to push the envelope and take rights away...always trying to get peopleto give up their precious Rights...sick.

I think that it shoul be illegal to ask a citizen to give up the rights so many patriots have died to protect...but the thugs do it all day long without a shred of concern for the results. as long as they get another petty bust on their records they are happy.As long as they get away with brutality and law breaking, they are happy. As long as no one challenges their perjury and other lies ( cops are born liars), they are happy. As long as donuts fry and people remain afraid of these scum, they are happy.

It is time we took the law back...away from the thugs that would enslave us in the nam of ' safety'. I treat cops like the servants they are, and tolerate NO nonsense from any of them. I recommend you do the same...not only does it feel great to back down a cop thug, it empowers all of us when they see we are not all cop groupies and morons.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cio88
Tell me, so you guys EVER sympathize with the cops? Or better yet, do you ever post videos of citizens acting badly with the thread title, "Idiot citizen picks fight with cop"?

there should be no need for us to post those kind of video's of people picking fights with cops because there are some people who just don't give a f&$@ ... the reason why i posted this is because it's the duty of the officer's to protect and serve ... even though we didn't see the whole video, in the part that we did see if the officer would've just helped his partner instead of beating the guy by using brute strength to overpower the homeless guy none of this would've happened and there would be no internal investigation, but no he resorted to violence ... idk if this is how i want to say what i'm trying to say haha or if it even makes sense at all ... but all-in-all cops shouldn't behave in this manner when not being attacked ...

[edit on 11-2-2009 by baseball101]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by eyewitness86

YOU have NO IDEA what really happened here. makeing a statement like that has no base. you are attacking people when you cant see what happened your making bad assumptions to augment your position.

this is how things get way too out of hand

[edit on 11-2-2009 by invisibleman11]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
All I can say is keep your video recorders close at all times. Cause when the law officers go bad it's our only defense. I'm glad they were caught on tape and I hope they are both fired. There were two cops present and the one doing the holding is just as guilty as the one hitting him because he didn't stop the abuse. If two cops can't take down a fifty two year old homeless man without holding him & punching him then they don't need to be police officers. Internal investigations are crap too! How about being arrested for assault & battery on an unarmed man. How about them being put in jail like the rest of us. How about leave without pay. I hope the homeless man gets some money out of this and decides to no longer be homeless.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The whole point of this is that the man was punched in the back of the head HARD when he was fully restrained laying on his belly what happened before that is irrelevant.

The police do not have the right to beat you after you are restrained period no matter if you started it or they did, bottom line.

once again common sense is not so common.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
You know, I dont care what the guy did, the police do not have the right to beat a person with their fists when the guy is on the ground. Period. I dont care what the guy did 8 minutes before the vid starts.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by spookjr

yes they do!!! if someone comes at me trying to beat me down or worse you can bet im going to subdue them in any possible way.....even cops have a right to defend them selves. not all cops are sociopaths looking to pick a fight.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by spookjr

That's right and that's why they should not be police officers. The man may be homeless but he is still a citizen of the United States and his rights are protected. These cops are suppost to hold up the law and protect it's citizens not beat them/taze them/shoot them while being handcuffed etc...

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
reply to post by spookjr

That's right and that's why they should not be police officers. The man may be homeless but he is still a citizen of the United States and his rights are protected. These cops are suppost to hold up the law and protect it's citizens not beat them/taze them/shoot them while being handcuffed etc...

police officers have rights and are citizens too no matter how much you dont like that

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
if you actually look at the photo it shows them trying to wrestle his hands behind his back. and its quite obvious that hes fighting them.
its not like hes cuffed and under control and theyre just beating him to a pulp for the hell of it

[edit on 11-2-2009 by invisibleman11]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join