It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Farmers up in arms at herb listing(UPDATED)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Turmeric
.gov site....
This is why they want control - It's powerful.

www.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
Yes, defining unpatentable items as "bad" makes money for those with patented stuff to sell.

Brilliantly said my friend!!

Star for you

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinkyboo
The unfortunate part is that the new prez has hired the ex-agriculture man -
This would be a pro-Monsanto move.
This is very disturbing.

But, but, but... Isn't he the Hero? The bringer of positive change? The Answer to all our woes?

Heh. Yeah. Right.

Yes, it is VERY disturbing - but not at all unexpected. He, like so many, is a corporate shill. I knew that long before he was elected. They all have been for many administrations now, and they are trying to get rid of most of us.

Fight ANY efforts to repeal DSHEA! Once we are "codex compliant" we can never go back again. DSHEA is all that keeps us from being so.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Neem? as in neem oil? You can get it from a pet store, makes a decent anti tick and flea conditioner for pets. Makes their coats nice too.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

Originally posted by spinkyboo
The unfortunate part is that the new prez has hired the ex-agriculture man -
This would be a pro-Monsanto move.
This is very disturbing.

But, but, but... Isn't he the Hero? The bringer of positive change? The Answer to all our woes?

Heh. Yeah. Right.

Yes, it is VERY disturbing - but not at all unexpected. He, like so many, is a corporate shill. I knew that long before he was elected. They all have been for many administrations now, and they are trying to get rid of most of us.

Fight ANY efforts to repeal DSHEA! Once we are "codex compliant" we can never go back again. DSHEA is all that keeps us from being so.

You get the Razzie award for the week my friend. Spouting anti-obama sentiments in a thread that is about agriculture in Bangkok. Obama, Bush or anyone else has nothing to do with agriculture in Bangkok.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

It wasn't my intention to provoke an anti-Obama sentiment.
I was just saying that Monsanto is poison and our Agriculture Chief is pro-Monsanto.
And - that should concern us - even though we are not in Bankok.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
You get the Razzie award for the week my friend. Spouting anti-obama sentiments in a thread that is about agriculture in Bangkok. Obama, Bush or anyone else has nothing to do with agriculture in Bangkok.

Are you serious?
Of course they do, they have so much to do with it.

Check out what KIA is, it's Bush trying to take over India's farmlands.

Many of these super-rich pharma companies make Bush's and Obama's pockets very heavy.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

Oh. Pardon me for responding to disturbing information about the administration as it relates to the banning of natural products.

I guess I deserve that Razzie.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

You can also mix a little neem oil with water and spray it on your plants to get rid of bugs. Much better than nasty chemicals.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The governments of the world are doing a great job of making the task of being a farmer nigh impossible. It's almost like they're having a secret Darwin awards competition especially for farmers, seeing who can wipe our their entire contingent and convert their economy to information technology and building.

I see plenty of bailouts for banks, but none for the actual people who help put food on our tables, and are having real trouble doing so. Give the farmers a break you idiots, if you don't, you're gonna starve us all somewhere along the line.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The only hazardous thing about herbs like ginger, tumeric and similar would be when I rammed 20 POUNDS of the stuff into one of those bureaucrats.

I'm not a complete S.O.B. and would let them choose into which end they would prefer it.

Rediculous idea bred from fear of a failing synthetic mass production line fed by parasitic petro-chemical meglomaniacs.

"Stuff It!"

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Neem trees are everywhere in India, and every homeowner uses it for many different types of ailments. They are more common than maple trees in Canada.

Every part of the plant is used i.e. flower, leaves, bark, seed, oil, branches and the excludant called neera, which flows out of the bark.

Neem is a multipurpose herb, which is recommended in every type of ailment. Following are the wonders of neem, which ayurveda has to offer to this world and modern life style of living.

Local action:

· Neem act as anti bacterial, anti parasitic, anti fungal, anti protozoal and anti viral thus helps in protection from all the microorganisms, which are always ready to invade in our body causing serious ailments.

www.articlesbase.com...

====
Mod Edit: Large quote snipped. Fair use is only 2 or 3 paragraphs, please.

[edit on 2/12/2009 by Badge01]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Reese Halter, Calgary Herald
Published: Sunday, February 08, 2009

Of the more than 80,000 tree species on our planet, the Indian neem tree (Azadirachta indica) is magnificent and known by millions of people as "the village pharmacy."

Imagine one kind of tree that offers medicine, cosmetics, rope, tea, glue, wood, fertilizer, pesticides and insecticides, lubricant, lighting and heating oil, veterinary medicine and shade. Welcome to the neem tree.

www2.canada.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
UPDATE
Govt called to cancel rules listing herbs as hazardous
www.nationmultimedia.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

No government has any right to ban a plant, that has been my stance from the start. Especially when it comes to plants like these. What's next? Is parsley yo be banned? Then burdock root, i mean burdock and parley and even garlic grow wild so are they to be hunted down and destroyed?

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
It wouldn't be the first time that government agencies try to intervene with nature. I'm waiting for the court case-U.S. government vs mother nature-for manufacturing and intent to distribute.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The government has a history of doing things like this. Most notably and perhaps most controversial was the government outlawing marijuana in the 1920s in order to remove hemp products and fuels from the market for DuPont.

This article is a good read.
blogs.salon.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by g raj
It wouldn't be the first time that government agencies try to intervene with nature. I'm waiting for the court case-U.S. government vs mother nature-for manufacturing and intent to distribute.

In fairness humanity has tampered with nature a long time. Wheat and carrots are two classic examples. Have you tasted the ancient ancestor of carrot? I can tell you now that it is gravely and unpleasant. This is what our ancestors had and they bred it to be better, by selecting the best plants. They cross bred plants and produced what we have now.

Wheat is the same, we chose the better strains and continue to do so.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by drummerboyG
With garlic specifically, you boil a clove of garlic, in a pint of water, for an hour or two. You can then use this as a concentrate to add to your watering can, along with your regular water, and it helps keep pests away.

Beat me to it. I was just about to say that I use this method all the time to keep aphids away, instead of buying pestcides.

It does seem a bit fishy that those most often used as alternatives to pesticides are on this list. What's the bet that they'll bring out "organic" pesticides using those exact same plants as a base?

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Excellent update!
We need to stay strong and connected to what is happening in the states as well.
No one can let this happen.
It's too absurd.
It's too corrupt.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join