It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds Of Kids Beaten, Whipped, Even Choked By Teachers, Coaches

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I work at a high school, grade 9-12 a private school, and the kids are so disrespectful to their teachers and parents. Maybe the parents of the kids need to be beat. Our kids today are horrible, the have no respect for any adult. Its the parent fault who dont know how to raise their kids. We need to be parents to kids, not friends to our kids. Discipline, hello, i listen to talk radio show everyday and i hear parents asking Dr. Laura how to punish their kids, or they let the school do it. We as parents need to take responsibility for our kids actions, we raised them.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I can believe it. When I was a kid, my step mother signed me up for 8th grade wood shop. For some unknown reason the teacher took an instant dislike to me, even though I never misbehaved or even spoke to anyone. He belittled me, smacked me around and once even choked me. I'll never forget that man. Even now, all these years later, I look back at that year of my life as one of the worst.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
It is portrayed that we live in a perfect society, but in reality we are FAR from it.

So when we hear cases like this, they are ten times the shocker.

I wonder how many of these children that were allegedly beaten disrespected their teachers and such (extreme cursing etc).

While it is the parents ultimate choice to beat their children (I support that if the reasoning is good), the teachers etc should have no place in doing so.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

We are not allowed to so much as spank our children, but the public school system can do whatever they like.

I was raised in a highly religous family and if one of us stepped out of line we got Dad's belt on our hind ends. The fear of God and the fear of Dad kept us in line. Now, I agree in some situations there are much better ways of handling things. When I look back now, I appreciate my Dad for that and keeping me in line. But look around today, kids have no fear of any authority or of God.

They took God out of the schools and the child, what is left.

If punishment is going to be handed out, it should be left to the parents. And I am not talking about spanking or abuse. I am talking about the fact that if any of these school personel have a problem with one of my kids, they better be calling me and letting me know so I can handle it, they better not lay a finger on my child. Obviously a time out isn't going to work on Middle School or High School kids. But it is not up to them to handle that situation except maybe suspension and/or a phone call

It was their choice to remove the things that represent a higher power and a fear of what might happen if they make the wrong choice or step out of line.

Now they can deal with it - without getting violent with our kids!

It's just like Al Gore telling a bunch of kids that their parents generation was a different era and it is better to not listen to them.

So now they tell our kids not to listen to us, they can spank or physically punish them. But we, the parents have no rights.

Sure looks like Government systems are trying to make kids disobey their parents and disrespect them because they have no fear of repercussions on mistakes they make.

Put all trust in and fear in Government - your parents no longer have any value.

Boy, this is really starting to make me mad. Its almost like they are testing us all and begging for a confrontation to take this to the next level!

[edit on 11-2-2009 by arizonascott]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
Whats this world coming to when you cant even beat the living crap out of kids anymore! jees the nerv of some people.

MessOnTheFED!

I guess sarcasm is wasted on some of the readers here. I am taking your post as sarcasm with a hint of truth.

Let me explain. I am bringing my experience as a father of 4, a teacher and a human being who lives in these times to the table.

Teachers as a group are idealists who care about children, at least they start out that way. With experience comes a bag of tricks, does and don'ts, that work in 99.44 of the cases, with 99.44 of the teachers, and on 99.44 of the kids.

Well some situations are life threatening to teachers, some of the kids are dangerous (think 6 ft 4 inch 17 yr old who weighs 240 lbs) my 2nd oldest boys real stats... now add gangs, etc and then throw in the fact that teachers... just like the students are human... and deserve in most cases the benefit of the doubt... oh well you get my drift...

Oh yea I stared you... mine was the third star... mainly because of the disbelief of the woman who couldn't read that all children are not little, angelic beings of love and light...
peace

[edit on 11-2-2009 by Azgard123]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
When I was in grade school, paddling was acceptable and used. It wasn't that big of a deal.

Now it's been outlawed and kids without any discipline at home don't get it at school either. Eventually, these educators lash out because they can't take anymore from unruly kids. That doesn't make it right, but it always seems the more rules we have, the more people end up getting hurt.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I don't know how many of you have kids, but really, most of the kids out there, and even back for generations, just sometimes need a good beating to keep them in line.

or would you rather just drug them into a stupor so they can stay ignorant and vote democrat?

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
reply to post by Finn1916

WOW, you have gotten 2 stars, for basically saying... it is ok to beat the kids?

You are kidding me?!

Unbelievable!

It does not matter where the kids come from..... are you telling me... the majority of the kids in Kindergarten to 8th grade are the "gang kids"?

No teacher has a right to beat a child......... if a kid is bad, send them to alternative schools, but DON'T BEAT THEM!

I think I am going to be sick, if people here on ATS, think it is ok, to hit children!

I would did not expect that..... I really thought people were more compassionate about stopping the various abuses that go on in the world.

So, I am shocked, your post, has gotten stars....which means agreement to abuse children!!

I tend to agree with you.

It should never be acceptable to beat a child under ANY circumstances. Why should it matter if it's a bad area or not? Teaching is a rough profession, and if they didn't know that/couldn't handle that then either teach somewhere else or find something else to do. But like I said before, no matter how frustated a teacher can get, it is absolutely WRONG to beat ANY kid for ANY OFFENSE (save for self-defense), but obviously these charges aren't self-defense.

What teacher chokes a student for not doing their homework?

Screwed up.

[edit on 2/11/2009 by FadeToBlack]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
my sixth grade teacher (male) walked around with a yardstick and cracked it across the hands of any kid that even gave him a litttle lip. that was one of the most orderly classes in my school. i still remember his name mr. richards, didn't ever learn what his first name was, because we were to afraid to ask, but he turned out to be a really good teacher.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Spare the rod and spoil the child. It has worked wonderfully for thousands of years. Some teachers and parents are a little over zealous, but the principle is a sound one that has proven itself over many generations. Folks in their fifties and sixties can see what the lack of corporal punishment has done to generations of spoiled children who are now spoiled adults who believe that if they do not get caught doing something wrong, then it is AOK.

Old people always say this. In roman times they said this, while sitting in their seats watching lions eat people.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I find it amazing how even the most cruel people in this world can always find a way to make their actions sound justified, but if the roles were reversed they would not feel the same way. I do not agree with the ones who have said it is okay to harm children-there is no logic in that. What you are teaching the child is that it is okay to harm others as long as you are stronger. You teach them that violence is okay if someone makes a mistake, but it is not okay if it is not in the teacher's interest. In zero tolerance schools today if you defend yourself in a fight then you are punished along with the other person, even if it can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt that you were the victim in the situation. In my school about 75% of all "good" students with good grades are the ones that cheat on tests and usually are the most popular with their cliques and only care about themselves. There are a few who are just really smart and take the time to study and do work all the time. And the "bad" students are just the ones who don't have much practice at being "bad" and so they get caught and punished accordingly. (And there are also the ones who like to get caught just for the image of being "bad"). The students who are getting punished are the ones who don't need to be or don't care. (warning sarcasm>>>)My gratitude goes out to all the violent people who have made the world the spectacular place it is today.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

You should listen to us old people. We have seen the cause and effect of permissive parenting.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Azgard123

Star for you bro!

Exactly my point. kids today arent like the kids back in the day. Fun childish pranks and things like that have been replaced with blatant disrespect and outright hateful words. And then when one of these few "hellraisers" pushes one too many buttons someone snaps. im not saying its good or anything like that so dont go there. (i believe in corpral punishment) then of course the parents get a one sided story of the list of events that went on not realizing that kids lie. ALL THE TIME! they go up to the school and start talking about lawyers and such. someone gets fired. the usual. all because what? some kid cant be just a little respectful. it really dosent take much at all to get by. i just dont get it. ah well maybe some day some of these parents out there will start learning to stop letting their kids run all over them.

on second thought.... probably not
we're all effed

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by N. Tesla

punishment is a little 10 year old kid getting high on sugar running around the house and knocking over your 5000$ televison. you put him over the knee and beat his ass with a belt.

There is no circumstance where a grown man should beat a 10 year old with a belt.

My Father never once hit me and yet I obeyed him because he was a MAN and I respected him. I remember watching my best friends Father beating him with a belt and he rightly had NO respect for the BOY who was his Father. That BOY beat all ten of his Children. Some of them hung out at my place because they loved my Parents and hated their own. What did that BOY accomplish by beating Children anyway?

As to the sugar rush. It is the Parents responsibility to control what their children eat. That is if they are competent to be Parents. If you want to beat someone for allowing your children to eat to much sugar, beat yourself the hell up.

Using a belt on a child is pure, unadulterated abuse.

[edit on 2/11/2009 by Blaine91555]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Wow o guess im an abuser and i got abused then! wow the nerve of some people. there is nothing wrong with a spanking or whippin or whatever you want to call it. lets see here if it has worked for tousands of years and it contunies to work we should now stop because of people like you. "pure unadulterated abuse"
i let you in on a little secret. i smoke too. bet you hate my guts now huh?

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
double post

[edit on 11-2-2009 by MessOnTheFED!]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by on_yur_6
We had corporal punishment when I was in school. Most of the time I deserved the swats. I also had some abusive teachers. I remember being locked in a dark closet by one teacher when I was in elementary. Unfortunately for the next assh*le that tried something like that I was too big. I'm a big guy, I was a really big kid. I matured very fast. I had a shop teacher grab me and slam me in a locker during junior high. He woke up on the ground looking at me. the Vice Principal didn't even push the matter because he knew I was attacked first.

I stress over and over to my kids, nobody is allowed to touch you at all. I ask everyday how things went that day because even with something traumatic a child's memory is fleeting. I can guarantee you that if any teacher abused my child I would make the evening news.

[edit on 11-2-2009 by on_yur_6]

My dad always said the same thing.

I may have taken it a little extremely though. I was riding the school bus and this kid threw some candy at me trying to annoy me so I slammed his head into the window and told him to quit throwing candy. Well, he never threw candy when I was around again. Pain is a great teacher. I've cut myself with knives before and it hurt, I therefor do not play with knives anymore. I've burned myself on the stove, I don't touch it while it's in use anymore. A little pain can certainly teach a kid not to do something.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
Yet when it came to enforcement of such polices there was no "zero tolerance" crap like today. If a teacher asked if anyone had an aspirin for headache or a pocket knife to cut a loose thread it was always available, often from many students.

I remember the good old days. I used to crush and snort aspirin in first period Physics lab.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

I remember the good old days. I used to crush and snort aspirin in first period Physics lab.

Ah yes, the good old days when beatings kept you well-behaved

While I personally think that it is never best to hit a child under any circumstances, I can accept that there are parents who disagree and I honestly don't think that an open-handed swat on a clothed behind is all that bad for a small child.

Here's what really scares me about these reports:

A teacher is not under any circumstances supposed to hit a child, or be violent in any way towards a student in their classes.

Therefore, the teachers who are doing this have lost self-control.

They have, as many people have said in this thread, "snapped".

That is not the same as being sent down the hall to the principal's office where you would get a predetermined number of swats with a paddle.

These are grownups who are so angry and fed up that they are no longer in control of themselves and are hitting children. The danger of serious injury (according the the OP one child had his neck broken!) cannot be compared to "the way it was".

Teaching is an incredibly hard, underpaid, frustrating, job – especially in overcrowded schools with kids who don't get enough attention (including discipline) at home. I totally understand why teachers snap. It's one reason I would never consider becoming a teacher myself.

But maybe we should find a way that the teachers can take a "time out" before things come to this.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I was pushed around and beat up by my grade 2 teacher, this isn't so shocking for me. I'd like to see him try that with me now.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join