It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds Of Kids Beaten, Whipped, Even Choked By Teachers, Coaches

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by bismarcksea

The problem is Adults attacking Children, simple.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
There'd be a couple of teachers who would get hurt REAL BAD.

Hit my kids, prepare to get it back. Whip my kids, prepare to be belted. Choke my kids, prepare to be gasping.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
reply to post by Finn1916

So, I am shocked, your post, has gotten stars....which means agreement to abuse children!!

there's a difference between abuse and punishment.

abuse is some guy coming home getting drunk and beating the # out of the kid for no reason.

punishment is a little 10 year old kid getting high on sugar running around the house and knocking over your 5000$ televison. you put him over the knee and beat his ass with a belt.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheKingsVillian
reply to post by bismarcksea

The problem is Adults attacking Children, simple.

In Public Schools, the much BIGGER problem is children attacking adults and each other.

[edit on 11-2-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

OK i got that part but what i fail to understand is how any of that has to do with a little brat, who acts up in school, getting punished for it? are you trying to say that aliens are beating our children?

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

In your country maybe, but not mine.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

That is the problem exactly!

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Spare the rod and spoil the child. It has worked wonderfully for thousands of years. Some teachers and parents are a little over zealous, but the principle is a sound one that has proven itself over many generations. Folks in their fifties and sixties can see what the lack of corporal punishment has done to generations of spoiled children who are now spoiled adults who believe that if they do not get caught doing something wrong, then it is AOK.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I don't agree with hitting children, for anything, their is ALWAYS another choice, its just that many people are not intelligent enough to see that or use it. I think for many people it just takes too much brain power to figure that out, it's much easier for them to just hit someone.

ALWAYS their is another choice that does NOT involve violence.

Come on, do you guys really think that if you hit a child, you are then teaching them not to hit?

What they are really being taught is it is really only ok to hit if you are bigger and stronger.

You teach compassion with compassion, not with violence.

This starts with teaching the parents how to parent, not how to be violent. That one is easy, violence and fear seems to synonymous with humanity.

Peace

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
There'd be a couple of teachers who would get hurt REAL BAD.

Hit my kids, prepare to get it back. Whip my kids, prepare to be belted. Choke my kids, prepare to be gasping.

I would omit the choking, but kids who are coddled become spoiled. I was whipped twice growing up. Once for fighting in church and once for talking back to my mom. I did not grow up to beat my mother, but grew up loving her dearly. I am not saying beat your kids mercilessly. You have to love your kids enough to do what it takes.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I had to go get the belt for my dad to whip my ass ,take my pants down

and the thing is he'd whip my legs,ass, back,When he said you wont sit

down for a week ,that was getting off light.Sure enough the buckle did hurt and left a mark.

I avoided him when he was inside the house i would go outside.I would

go to my room and stay away from him . You could not do anything with out him yelling at you about it.

needless to say I left home as soon as I could,and if I never see him again I could live with that.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I remember when I was in school unruly kids were sent to principals office and got swats with a canoe paddle with holes drilled through it,in PE weren't as bad you would get swats with a ping pong paddle,so whats the big deal,seems kids these days are brought up as sissies,now you see why the shootings and other otrocities they do,kids are brought up now that things must go their way,haven't learned to lose and deal with it,and I know some of these descriptions are way out of context,parents fault

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
And folks wonder why my wife and I opted for home school. We use a commercial curriculum enhanced with classics curriculum. For PE my son does BJJ (he's a yellow belt in juniors curriculum took a year and change to earn that honor), competitive archer, and he briefly fenced.

We go to museums and zoos frequently. I know it's not possible for everyone, but it has been very good for us. It really saddens me when I see kids abused.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
We had corporal punishment when I was in school. Most of the time I deserved the swats. I also had some abusive teachers. I remember being locked in a dark closet by one teacher when I was in elementary. Unfortunately for the next assh*le that tried something like that I was too big. I'm a big guy, I was a really big kid. I matured very fast. I had a shop teacher grab me and slam me in a locker during junior high. He woke up on the ground looking at me. the Vice Principal didn't even push the matter because he knew I was attacked first.

I stress over and over to my kids, nobody is allowed to touch you at all. I ask everyday how things went that day because even with something traumatic a child's memory is fleeting. I can guarantee you that if any teacher abused my child I would make the evening news.

[edit on 11-2-2009 by on_yur_6]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by amazed
I don't agree with hitting children, for anything, their is ALWAYS another choice, its just that many people are not intelligent enough to see that or use it. I think for many people it just takes too much brain power to figure that out, it's much easier for them to just hit someone.

ALWAYS their is another choice that does NOT involve violence.

Come on, do you guys really think that if you hit a child, you are then teaching them not to hit?

What they are really being taught is it is really only ok to hit if you are bigger and stronger.

You teach compassion with compassion, not with violence.

This starts with teaching the parents how to parent, not how to be violent. That one is easy, violence and fear seems to synonymous with humanity.

Peace

I agree with everything you said!!

I have to say, I am pretty shocked, at how many people think it is ok for a child to be hit by a teachere here posting!

Abuse, only teaches a kid - it is ok to abuse others...

If we showed compassion to each other, than we would not be where we are today.

I also have to say, after reading these posts.......... no wonder we are where we are today.

Violence has NO PLACE - NO WHERE in this world. especially anything to do with kids.

Teach kids compassion- they live their lives with compassion, teach kids violence - they live their lives with violence!

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soloman Kane
I had to go get the belt for my dad to whip my ass ,take my pants down

and the thing is he'd whip my legs,ass, back,When he said you wont sit

down for a week ,that was getting off light.Sure enough the buckle did hurt and left a mark.

I avoided him when he was inside the house i would go outside.I would

go to my room and stay away from him . You could not do anything with out him yelling at you about it.

needless to say I left home as soon as I could,and if I never see him again I could live with that.

Sorry, I thought you were FOR whippings until I read thru your entire post.

I don't know that anyone is advocating using a belt and the buckle too to discipline kids. But the threat of that paddle that hung in the principal's office was usually enough to keep kids in line 20+ years ago. Mostly it was the humiliation of the whole thing that kept kids in line.

Now the kids run the schools because they know the worst that can happen is they will get to sit home on their lazy butts during a suspension and play video games. They're thinking somebody pinch me.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I, too, was beaten by parents and teachers growing up, and i turned out...well...i guess you could say fine. I don't think that the op is referring to a simple paddling here, though. Choking, breaking bones, or hitting with whatever object happens to be laying around is not corporal punishment, it is child abuse. If a child told a teacher that these things were happening at home, child protection services would be at that house that day. Change it to someone on an authority position(teacher, cop, whatever), and they can electrocute, beat, probably shoot a child, and some idiot would come on here defending them. I agree many kids are bad, and many parents are partially to blame, but taking power from the parents and giving it to random authority figures is not the solution.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

LOL, I agree with everything you said as well.

Sometimes it confuses me, that people just don't seem to understand, that violence only teaches violence, and fear, which then increases violence, which turns into a vicious cycle

I don't use corporeal punishment with my children, and they are both very compassionate, caring, intelligent children. When they see someone being harmed they stick up for them.

They are not violent in any way, and they have learned to question things. They are not obedient just because they are "forced" to, but because they WANT to please. If they do not agree with something, they ask me about it. No violence necessary.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
If you consider the school rules of no tobacco products, no knives (including small pocket knives), no drugs (prescription medication could be given to the school nurse to be dispensed as needed and OTC remedies such as aspirin were also against the rules). Yet when it came to enforcement of such polices there was no "zero tolerance" crap like today. If a teacher asked if anyone had an aspirin for headache or a pocket knife to cut a loose thread it was always available, often from many students. Nothing was ever said because it was a responsible action to a polite request.

Try that on an airplane today. Even nail clippers are banned.

But maybe instead we should prepare them for real life by giving the little hooligans and thugs a billion or two every time they steal a kid's lunch money or throw a fit and refuse to do what is right...

Seems to be what we are doing in the grown up world after all. Hell even a jail sentence is as laughable to them as detention was to us back then.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I don't agree with any corporal punishment in schools, period. These teachers are abusing children in ways that would get parents reported to child welfare authorities, if not arrested outright. If you assaulted a strange child like this on the street, you'd be lucky to get away without being lynched. To allow thugs in schools to act this way is unconscionable.

When I was in grade school we had several abusive teachers who actually injured some of my classmates. My third grade teacher in particular was a brutal pig. She struck and injured several students, but one incident in particular was awful. There was one boy she hated and whom she often singled out for violent attacks. One day, he was leaning back in his chair with only the two rear legs on the floor. She sidled up behind him and kick the legs out from under his chair as hard as she could. He fell backwards and struck his head on the desk behind him, then on the floor. He needed stitched in his scalp and had a concussion. She panicked for just a second, thinking she had gone too far, but the principal just took her word that it was an accident. She was back to beating us next day.

Happily for us all, she later got her comeuppance. After she flung slurs at several students, a mother came into our classroom the next day and beat her until her face looked like raw beef. Other teachers had to haul that fool out of the room in hysterics. It was the best day ever! You can believe that she was better behaved for the rest of the year.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join