It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP group gets tough against republicans who support stimulus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   

GOP group gets tough against republicans who support stimulus

[url=http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/02/10/gop-group-gets-tough-against-republicans-who-support-stimulus/]politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com[/url ]

(visit the link for the full news article)

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...
hope this works better?

[edit on 11-2-2009 by rockhndr]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
THIS MAKES ME ANGRY!!!! This is nothing short of political blackmail!! I for one am a registered MAINE voter and will back Collins and Snowe 100%-(and mind you they ARE NOT my political party but they have been Mainers with good political agendas that remain unbiased in our state regardless of party-they are for THE PEOPLE of Maine)-Grow up Scott Wheeler and take it like a man-this is the same attitude my 5 year old gets when something does not go his way.
Mods-apologize if story is already here-checked for it and did not see....

[url=http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/02/10/gop-group-gets-tough-against-republicans-who-support-stimulus/]politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com[/url ]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I really do not care where they are from or what party they are for. hey should have voted no. Throwing or wasting more money will not solve the problem.

That being said I don't think anybody should go after them for voting for what they thought was correct.

What I really think they should have done is to unite many of the biggest bankers and corporations CEO's to get their opinions or ideas on how to get this economy rolling again. They are the ones on the front lines suffering the losses. At the same time the politicians could have asked them what the banks and corporations were going to do to allieviate the financial burden Americans are encountering in this economy.

link to article

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...
[edit on 11-2-2009 by jam321]

[edit on 11-2-2009 by jam321]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I suppose that would be the CEO with the million dollar overhauled office? *grin* Waste not want not as our grandparent said!!

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by rockhndr

Its their political party and even though its members hold public office, the party itself is a private organization. They have the right to determine their own party platform and they also have the right to toss members who don't support it.

I fully support them, except that I think all three should be immediately stripped of their seniority within the GOP ranks. If they don't like it, they can join the Democratic party. They may as well, considering how often they vote with them.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I lived in Maine for 20 years and have a great deal of respect for both Collins and Snow... and most of the people up there do too... if the hard right tries to evict them they will fail.

link   
sorry double post.

[edit on 11-2-2009 by grover]

link   
Not all bankers and CEO's are corrupt and greedy. Unfortunately, those are the ones we keep hearing about time and time again. Many really want to be successful, care about their community, and value their customers. Just like Obama says it wouldn't hurt to talk to Iran, i don't see no reason why he couldn't meet with bankers and CEO's, instead of bashing them as a group because of a few bad apples.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
They are the ones on the front lines suffering the losses.---
WHA....???? Where do YOU live??? Is it here in the real world?...I'd say that most-(no, not all)-Americans in one way or another are the ones suffering...ugghhh....(goes to smoke cigarette in frustration)...
gotta think about this one...

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Ok, Ok, Jam-I do see and respect your views, but haven't we already TRIED to talk with them? They are and were not answering the questions that were asked of them did they? They couldn't or rather, wouldn't report where the first bailout was spent. How do we expect them to do it this time around...BUT getting back on topic-(we can save whether bailout is good or bad for another time) Mr. Wheeler still sounds like a big baby...threatening someone for their views is nothing short of a school playground-but I suppose what can we expect from TPTB nowadays...VOR-you have made a very valid point...and Thank-you grover (you do know Maines integrity regardless of party!!

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I really don't see how what these GOP groups did is any different than the tatics use by such groups as Moveon.org.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by lost in the midwest
I really don't see how what these GOP groups did is any different than the tatics use by such groups as Moveon.org.

It's only different to some because it's a GOP group.

Don't forget the all important liberal double standard.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Why not post a link to what happened with the Moveon.org group so we can enlighten ourselves?? And NO nyk this has nothing to do with GOP-just one party threatening another...enlighten me please? What liberal double standard?-how can we KNOW if we don't KNOW-link us there and I'll be happy to check it out-What are we suppose to be, aware of EVERY little thing?? Don't be rude...you sound like my teenager...
Respect, not snideness goes a LOONNNGGGG way...most of us do want to know so detail without the rudeness...

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockhndr
Why not post a link to what happened with the Moveon.org group so we can enlighten ourselves??

I would assume that they thought the knowledge of moveon.org and other liberal front groups actions were common.

Apparently not.

Perhaps moveon.org labeling the man commanding our armed forces as General "Betray"us during a time of war rings a bell?

You know, the kind of group who is more worried about protecting their party than protecting their country.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I really am looking nyk-could you help me out??
I am not familiar with liberal views and am trying to find how this ties into the thread? I guess I am not familiar with the moveon thing-but I AM TRYING!!!
Look let's be honest-I have 3 kids and sometimes my mind can go to mush in seconds flat-lmao...def. don't mean to be stupid-but willing to be taught!!!

new topics

top topics

join