It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Sounds Alarm Over Obama Decision to Move Census to White House

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I was surprised this didn’t get picked up my ATS so here ya go folks.
I’d like to hear opinions on this *political land grab*.

Source

Utah's congressional delegation is calling President Obama's decision to move the U.S. census into the White House a purely partisan move and potentially dangerous to congressional redistricting around the country.
Rep. Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah, told FOX News on Monday that he finds it hard to believe the Obama administration felt the need to place re-evaluation of the inner workings of the census so high on his to-do list, just three weeks into his presidency.

"This is nothing more than a political land grab," Chaffetz said.

As a matter of impact, the census has tremendous political significance. Political parties are always eager to have a hand in redrawing districts so that they can maximize their own party's clout while minimizing the opposition, often through gerrymandering.
The census also determines the composition of the Electoral College, which chooses the president. If one party were to control the census, it could arguably try to perpetuate its hold on political power.

The results of the census are also enormously important in another way -- the allocation of federal funds. Theoretically, a political party could disproportionately steer federal funding to areas dominated by its own members through a skewing of census numbers.

"I've always remembered what Joseph Stalin said: 'Those who cast the votes decide nothing. Those who count the votes decide everything.' The same principle applies to the census. Since one or the other party will always be in power at the time of the census, it is vital that the out-of-power party at least be able to observe the process to make sure it isn't being stacked in favor of the party in power. This will be difficult for the GOP since I suspect Democrats will control both houses of Congress for the entire Obama first term," Sabato said.

???

peace

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Someone picked up on this yesterday, can't remember which thread.

I think they predicted "blue" states and counties to mysteriously grow in population overnight.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Duplicate thread.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Ya know Flyers-Fan if you would use the exact name of the heading of the article like you’re supposed to do this duplicate thread stuff wouldn’t keep happening!

Gawd I’m sick of this.

Why can’t you people follow the bloomin rules.

And by the way you didn’t even post the article in the right bleedin place!

Tension in the middle east?

When did the US Census take place in *Discuss the escalation of tension and war in the Mid-East*!

[edit on 11-2-2009 by silo13]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

As I said when you sent the snotty U2U to me just a minute ago ....

It's in the POLITICAL ISSUES section and it's titled 'Obama moves census to White House'.

Next time you get all wonky you might want to check the facts.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join