It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Registration of long guns, and ammunition? Since when???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Since when do we in the US have to register long guns (rifles and shotguns), and ammunition? As far as I know, the charges that that this Sargent said were placed against this man, do not exist.

TextWASHINGTON (CNN) -- Police arrested a man near the U.S. Capitol on Tuesday after he drove up to one of the building's barricades with a rifle in his vehicle and told officers that he had a delivery for President Obama, a Senate spokesman said.

Sgt. Kimberly Schneider identified the man as Alfred Brock, 64, of Winnfield, Louisiana. She said Brock was charged with possession of an unregistered firearm and unregistered ammunition.

CNN

Now, I don't agree with what this guy did, but those charges are completely bogus. So either the Sargent does not know what she is talking about, at all, the news media is invneting things, or something else is going on.

My feeling is this is an effort to start convinving most Americans that all guns and ammunition must be registered. When the law is finally passed, most people will say "Hmmm... I thought it has been a law for a long time. Oh well."

I realy don't believe that this was said or written this way accidentally.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Unless the package he had for Obama was in his pants so to speak his actions are definitely cause for concern. Of course we dont really know he said that or if there really was a "delivery" other than the one the report tries to make obvious.

But, yeah, registering ammo and long guns is total BS. D.C. has no idea what it's doing with guns, the officials in D.C. have no idea what they're doing and the news media absolutely has no clue whatsoever so I'm betting they just made that whole shtick about registration up.

When the cops and the reporters agree that Unicorns exist and need billions in tax dollars to be protected from Goblin poachers there is absolutely no way to prove them wrong.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I totally agree. Since when is it necessary to register your rifles or for that matter you ammunition? Maybe this is a law in D.C.

On a side note, am I the only one who was surprised that this man was black? I mean, given all of the concern about plots against Obama I am not really surprised about this incident, only that the man who did it was African American.

Lastly, I am very glad that this man did not get to "deliver" his "package" to our new president.

[edit on 11-2-2009 by BluegrassRevolutionary]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
This is the law in DC, all firearms must be registered. Registering a firearm in a certain caliber "registers" any ammunition you may purchase for that firearm. Possessing a 5.56x45mm rifle and having 7.62x39mm ammunition is considered possession of unregistered ammunition.

There is a bill in the works to repeal this crazy law.

J Star

jeremystar.blogspot.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
this is not a law in the united states. I don't believe that the ammunition part is right either. Please remember the 10th ammendment provides that states shall retain all rights not denied them by the constitution. There for federal mandates can not be imposed on the states without their consent. Remember this when all these liberal communists like nancy peloisi reed and obama try to make you believe that you don't have a choice.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Oh god... unregistered ammo? wtf. Those charges are bogus!

new topics

top topics

join