It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"W" the movie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
First off this is probably not the right forum, but it's as close as i could think to get.

I just finished the movie "W", and oddly I found Stone to portray GWB as some what of endearing character. But what I am wondering, conspiracy aside, could it be as it seemed to be portrayed, that Bush was manipulated by Cheney and Rove for the decisions he made? Could it be possible that this man thought he was doing what was right in his heart?

I know some will say "yes" and more will vehemently shout "no"! I have studied much conspiracy and believe a lot of it, but this seems just as plausible. In no way would I ever defend Bush, and he is solely responsible. But it just got me thinking.

Maybe he was just an inept and easily manipulated man and not some "wizard behind the curtain" figure who had nothing but world domination in his agenda.

Anyway.....

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by gnosis111

Thats sound plausible... I hate what he and his ilk have done to our country.
BUT I hardly think such a reactionary and stubborn man could have created such a complicated mess. Its like the last eight have been conjured by the most diabolic and manipulative men imaginable. Its seems reasonable that GWB was not very aware of the nuance or the big picture of his policy. I just can't believe the catasrophuck he over saw, it is truly genius and epic. NOT from BUSH'S mind, thats for sure.

Like the mind of a sadistic dispatcher of helpless creatures.

The RICHARD RAMIREZ of governance, who ever conjured up that slaughter.

[edit on 11-2-2009 by mental modulator]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
This is the same impression that I had, after watching the movie.

Noam Chomsky pointed out in a somewhat recent interview in Manchester, that the US commander n chief is largely a ceremonious job. Recent presidents, most notably Ronald Reagan, "probably did not even know what their policies were."

When asked, "If you had one minute with George W. Bush, what would you say" his response was "To tell you the honest truth, I doubt George Bush has much to do with policy formation... I would say 'Have you talked to god lately?'"

Considering how insulated presidents are from the generals public, and their needs, it would be my best guess that they don't know and don't care how their policies affect people.

So is Bush a bad guy? Well, it happened under his watch. Whether he intended to hurt as many people as he did, who can say. But it happened on his watch, therefore I do hold him accountable for the actions of his administration.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by gnosis111

I don't know if I would use the word manipulated, however I don't think President Bush ran the show completely during his years in office. Dick Cheney had very deep pockets and powerful friends coming into the White House and has seen quite nice additions to his stocks values and income from the defense spending while we've all seen our money disappearing. I have not yet had the chance to see 'W' but from my own research I can see where your statement is coming from. If you watch Bush's interviews there is a sense of sincerity (call it my naivety, but a non-feigned type) and one could assert that he truly thought he was doing good.

Thanks for your post Gnosis

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Sliadon

Thank you. And yes "manipulated" may have been too strong. I also noticed that "sincerity" and even a feeling of abandonment, like he couldn't understand why the American people weren't behind him on this war and his policies, as if he truly believed in them and felt he truly was doing the "right" thing.

I also could sense that he regretted a lot of what he did and I believe he even tried to say so, in his own way, towards the end. But either out of stubbornness or his belief in that he felt he was on the side of good I couldn't say.

Still, it is no excuse, ignorance is never an excuse and neither is blindness. But he is gone and now we have some one who many people love and hasn't even done anything yet! Odd as it is.

new topics

top topics

join