It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virtual March on Washington Planned: Please Join Up

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I'm not a citizen yet. But I carry a copy of the Declaration of Independence and a Copy of the Constitution with me at all times. I know no other place on Earth that holds as much of my admiration as this Nation.

This does not mean that I don't criticize stupid policies(Studying the Constitution and the Declaration makes you HAVE to criticize), but at least here I can

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Just to let ya all know this thread will probley Disappear...they "Informed" me about some activisim clause in their T & C and Trashed My "WoW" Thread Soooooo...

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
As many have noted, marches ON washington don't have the impact that they used to have. In the Sixties and early Seventies, they worked because of the emergence of broadcast TV coincided with them, and there were several powerfully intertwined threads: the Vietnam War, gender equality and racial equality. Plus a sympathetic president who actively supported most of it. But that isn't replicable today for a number of reasons: the goals are less definitive and easily turned into points of conflict economically, the players on the government side are mostly the same people who learned from their earlier errors, the media is no longer sympathetic to the masses, and the president is, well, I'm not sure exactly where his true loyalties lie yet.

So rather than a march ON Washington, I propose a march "FROM" Washington, on April 15th. Wait until April 15th to file your taxes if you owe the state and fed money. Then don't send in a check to the feds, file for an extension instead, then file for another when that runs out. You can legally file three extensions to pay.

If your state is well run, or in dire straits, whether to pay them is more problematical, good arguments exist on both sides of that debate.

But for the feds, it's no contest: not a dime until they pull their heads out.

[edit on 12-2-2009 by apacheman]

[edit on 12-2-2009 by apacheman]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I just noticed that the thread below has been removed from ATS

"Walk on Washington"...Time for Voices to make a Difference Again!

This thread was started by Hx3_1963

I made a couple post on it and they are removed from my profile page as well.

Can anyone else verify this????

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

It's true...they "Deemed" it Activism which is not allowed according to T&C's...I've still got my Utube and will continue with other options...I have my own Server/Webpage and would re-start it there, but, think I'll just hope what got out so far spreads...

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Virtual???

LOL.

Know WHY the world is revolting the the biggest, badass, country, like america isnt????

Cause you're all so goddamn lazy...

Virtual march.

LOL.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I puked in my mouth when I read "Virtual march"

Way to make a difference... from your computer.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Well I did not see anything crazy from your thread sorry to hear that...

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Well this being a Conspiracy Site and all, they probley thought the Gov would come in and shut them down or something...
...just makes ya Wonder...

Well...after checking around to see if I was getting any feedback on this Event, most have been rude/crude/mean/negative...Guess it really is a waste of time. Sorry State of Affairs these Days...

[edit on 2/12/2009 by Hx3_1963]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join