It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is your cell phone spying & monitoring your life?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   

freeduhm.com

cell-phone Is your cell phone spying & monitoring your life?

It connects you to the world, but your cell phone could also be giving anyone from your boss to your wife a window into your every move. The same technology that lets you stay in touch on-the-go can now let others tap into your private world — without you ever even suspecting something is awry.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Long gone are the days of simple wiretapping, when the worst your phone could do was let someone listen in to your conversations. The new generation of cell phone spying tools provides a lot more power.

Eavesdropping is easy. All it takes is a two-minute software install and someone can record your calls and monitor your text messages. They can even set up systems to be automatically alerted when you dial a certain number, then instantly patched into your conversation. Anyone who can perform a basic internet search can find the tools and figure out how to do it in no time.

But the scarier stuff is what your phone can do when you aren’t even using it. Let’s start with your location.

freeduhm.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
uhm, I don't want this to sound rude but GPS has been used for things such as locating victims, missing people, etc. for quite awhile now.

Yes, their is a definite unknown side to cell phone tapping, surveilance(sp?), etc., but at the same time it can be used for quite a few good things.

And if you really want to start an interesting cell phones spying topic, how about the base in hawaii that monitors every phone call in the world, regardless of cellular or lan line.

Just a thought.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   

No, its not.
I have GPS turned off.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by BorgHoffen

No, its not.
I have GPS turned off.

is that air that you're breathing

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by freeduhm

None of this surprises me in the least. Really, if it is not possible already, soon you will be able to turn on a person's camera to monitor them visually or listen to conversation that are occurring while the phone is not in use. The days of privacy are dead.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by b0n3zassassin
uhm, I don't want this to sound rude but GPS has been used for things such as locating victims, missing people, etc. for quite awhile now.

Yes, their is a definite unknown side to cell phone tapping, surveilance(sp?), etc., but at the same time it can be used for quite a few good things.

And if you really want to start an interesting cell phones spying topic, how about the base in hawaii that monitors every phone call in the world, regardless of cellular or lan line.

Just a thought.

yea pretty well said

this isnt exactly a new idea or new information

its been pretty wildly known that unless your battery is out of your cell phone you pretty much dont have privacy

if you're really that worried about it, keep your battery off, and just return voicemails when you're in a place you dont mind being found and listened to

but honestly at this point, it doesnt really matter, if someones going through that much trouble to spy on ya, you got more to worry about then just your cell phone, theres several other spying techniques they can get ya with, you're not safe just because you dont have a cell phone

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by laundrybag
is that air that you're breathing

Ummm???
Am I breathing air?
No no im not im breathing ummmm, Air.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Well if it's such an issue, you can always choose NOT to have a cell phone.

I've had one cell phone in my life. It was a company cell, for whom i no longer work for. And life is just grand without it. The freedom of not being beholden to a lousy cell phone is priceless to me, just in the privacy aspect alone. They serve their purpose. I just choose to do without.

Wanna get ahold of me, leave a message on my answering machine. I MIGHT call you back, if it's important enough.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by freeduhm

You are correct but it is not the phone that is spying on you.

The signal the mobile mast produces moves through humans slower than oher objects, allowing them to see your image in real time with a radar that they have named Celldar in the UK.
Its interesting that it is illegal to block mobile phone signals unless in gov or scientific environments, you dont need a phone, its nothing to do with the phone it is the signal.

In 2002 this article popped out www.guardian.co.uk...

www.roke.co.uk...

3nw.com...

www.electronicsweekly.com...

Privacy rights? Pppfftt

[edit on 11-2-2009 by XXXN3O]

new topics

top topics

join