It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worldwar-II in COLOR!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
demonicious.com...

This photos remind us of the horrors of the war and the fruits of victory! Photos are mostly of the Allies camp!

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Very Impressive Images Sandy123,

Many of those images show the truth of who war. It's not the old boys like stalin and churchill and roosevelt and the likes who are in there, but YOUTHS... Younsters sent to do someone else's dirty work...

Another link for color images of WW2 can be found here:

www.ww2incolor.com...

Hope that adds.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
S+F

STUNNING

big thanks SANDY!

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
There wasn't much horror in those photos, not that I crave it either but they were nice quality images.

One interests me though. A sherman tank with a Russian crew next to a T-34 with what looks like Austrian Alps nearby. The US 65th Infantry reached Linz and met up with the Soviets at Ens on 3 May 1945 so I guess it is about this time and location ?

Have you any detail please on that particular photo of the date, location or unit please ?

[edit on 11-2-2009 by sy.gunson]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
great photos, beautiful images of a truly devastating time here on this earth

to my own embarrassment though, i must say, i didnt realize horses were still that prominent during WW2

i was shocked to see so many horses in the photos

it in a way shows how far and fast things were developing in those days

i mean one year we have the civil war fighting with muskets bringing out the cavalry

a few wars and years later, we now have tanks and submarines and airplanes, yet those are still so new in our arsenal and way of life, we were still using horseback

to me it just shows how fast things were changing in that time period

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
great photos, beautiful images of a truly devastating time here on this earth

to my own embarrassment though, i must say, i didnt realize horses were still that prominent during WW2

i was shocked to see so many horses in the photos

it in a way shows how far and fast things were developing in those days

i mean one year we have the civil war fighting with muskets bringing out the cavalry

a few wars and years later, we now have tanks and submarines and airplanes, yet those are still so new in our arsenal and way of life, we were still using horseback

to me it just shows how fast things were changing in that time period

new topics

top topics

join