It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion to blame for fires: Pastor

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Abortion to blame for fires: Pastor

www.brisbanetimes.com.au

The Catch the Fire Ministries has tried to blame the bushfires disaster on laws decriminalising abortion in Victoria.

The evangelical church's leader, Pastor Danny Nalliah, claimed he had a dream about raging fires on October 21 last year and that he woke with "a flash from the Spirit of God: that His conditional protection has been removed from the nation of Australia, in particular Victoria, for approving the slaughter of innocent children in the womb".
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.--.com
www.smh.com.au

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Wow, I guess my aunt isn't the only crazy zealot saying this.

I started this thread, Vic. bushfires 'are God punishing the state for legalized abortion' , the other day because of what my Seventh Day Adventist Aunt said to me in a phone conversation.

Now it has come out since that an actual church group, with the unfortunate name, Catch the Fire Ministries, is also echoing this sickening sentiment.

I'll simply state again what I told my crazy aunt:

'Well, in that case then, go and stand in the fire. Please, c'mon. [Several vulgar names used here]. See if the fire spares you for being in God's favour... Put your life where your mouth is'.

www.brisbanetimes.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I lolled.

As human beings we will always try to find patterns and reason where there simply is none.

Religion is certainly no exception... heck, they're founded on that notion.

I'm with you on that last comment.
And to add... if this "god" fellow was angry at us for not having our children... why then would he chose to burn the ones we did have?

Logic flaws.
You'll always find them when dealing with the religious.
... the point is to laugh.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
Logic flaws.

Get ready for the 'God moves in mysterious ways' response though

As ATS has proved, many religions are followed by some upstanding people. However, as ATS has also proved, there is always a few nutters in every club to ruin it for the rest and give that club a bad image.

This guy needs to move past his old testament I think. Less smiting in the pages ahead.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Why are there always wacko religious leaders like this in every country claiming that God spoke to them in a dream about how a natural disaster in their area is to punish "sinners"?

Have they not sinned? Are they too perfect to not be considered as a sinner too?

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
This is SICK of a religious leader to even imply that the freedom of choice caused such a tragic situation.

It should be criminal for the idiot to speak out in such a way, while lives are in danger.

I am disappointed in humanity.

People are in danger, lives have been lost, and this dude uses it as a chance to push an agenda.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Then again, now that I think of it.... I wouldn't even be surprised if this fire was caused by those religious freaks that agree with this religious leader.

I mean, in the US, you used to always hear about religious freaks trying to destroy abortion clinics. How that does not make them a 'terrorist', I have no idea.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Just completely, and totally utterly bizarre comments...

I wonder if anyone in his own ministry actually believes that? Absolute insanity.

There's many Christian charities doing good work in Victoria, it's just highly unfortunate this sorry person has used a major disaster to further his own stupid agenda.

Obviously he's BSing, but if he had a "vision" or dream about it, why didn't he warn anyone beforehand, why wait for the destruction to take place and then say "I told you so" after it happens...

Just vile.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
I lolled.

As human beings we will always try to find patterns and reason where there simply is none.

Religion is certainly no exception... heck, they're founded on that notion.

Indeed. This is called apophenia - seeing patterns where none exist.

I'm with you on that last comment.
And to add... if this "god" fellow was angry at us for not having our children... why then would he chose to burn the ones we did have?

Logic flaws.
... the point is to laugh.

The irony is that "god" seems to be so hellbent on punishing people for things such as homosexuality and aborting undeveloped fetuses, yet he hasn't done anything about full-grown human beings getting slaughtered in Africa and other parts of the world. It seems to me this guy has got a distorted sense of priorities.

[edit on 11-2-2009 by GeeGee]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
that pastor needs to be drug tested, or maybe he has been jumping into the wine???

either way it's bs that he would try to blame laws on that

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Quick question, is this the god that wanted segregation back in the 1950's? You know, all those followers had the signs and such saying things like "god wants my child's school segregated." and things of that nature.

Is it that god?

If so, I'll gladly walk this earth without his protection. From what I have heard about this god fellow, he's a pretty bigoted, hateful, merciless, bastard who I wouldn't trust in my home, let alone with my "eternal soul".

to these wacky christian gods.

[edit on 11-2-2009 by grimreaper797]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I'm sure there is a benevolent God out there. There are plenty benevolent Gods from several different religions out there.

But, is the Christian God benevolent one?

I have my doubts... if that's what the Christian God is doing.

[edit on 11-2-2009 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
How dare some crazy religious extremists tell the family's of people who have died that its because of some other people getting abortions.
How insanely ignorant stupid pathetic and immoral.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Considering some of the victims were that young they would not even know what an abortion was, how can this possibly be God "seeking revenge"?

So a few do "evil", so our loving and compassionate God indiscriminately goes on a killing spree?

God must need anger management.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Nutbag

I wonder if an anti-abortion campaigner died in the fire. That would pretty much destroy his point... but I doubt such an individual is swayed by logic anyhow.

This reminds me of the hare krishnas claiming that US troops are dying in Iraq and Afghanistan due to Americans eating beef. Also reminds me of Westboro Baptists, Phelps.

Religious idiocy of the highest order.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I'm anti abortion, but find such comments completely ridiculous- he is entitled to make such statements in a free society, but boy does he deserve ridicule

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
The real issue here is abortion. For me, there is no distinction between the life on an unborn child and an adult. Both deserves to live.

And have you seen an unborn/undeveloped fetus NOT struggling or even flinching(if they're not sedated or something) while they are being killed?

They are protesting against the action. They don't want to die. And don't tell me, that isn't a response made by sentient life!

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

No, the issue here is a man making awful and insensitive comments in the recent aftermath of a tragedy.

How would you feel if you heard a comment like this after you had lost a close relative to fire?

This isn't about abortion at all, its about making inappropriate comments.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis
This is SICK of a religious leader to even imply that the freedom of choice caused such a tragic situation.

It should be criminal for the idiot to speak out in such a way, while lives are in danger.

I am disappointed in humanity.

People are in danger, lives have been lost, and this dude uses it as a chance to push an agenda.

Idiotic it may be, but criminal it should not be

Humanity dictates we have to put up with freaks and freakish views

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I am sorry, but I agree with the Pastor. But please here me out.
These fires where started deliberatly. If the sad bastards that needed to light these fires to satisfy some inner need had of been aborted long ago, they would not be here now.
Yeah, so I agree with the Pastor, Abortion is to blame, or more to the point, the lack thereof.

[edit on 11-2-2009 by atlasastro]

<<   2 >>

join