It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Panasonic orders overseas families home over flu fears

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Panasonic orders overseas families home over flu fears

cnnwire.blogs.cnn.com

TOKYO, Japan (CNN) — Panasonic has ordered the families of some of its overseas employees to return home by September, a company spokesman said Tuesday.

The order, issued by Panasonic in December, leaves the employees in their overseas posts, according to Akira Kadota. The company fears an outbreak of influenza, especially bird flu.

The order covers in employees in Africa, Eastern Europe, the Middle East, Russia, South America and Asia, excluding Singapore.

Exempted areas are Australia, New Zealand, North America and Western Europe.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
cnnwire.blogs.cnn.com

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
As you can see, this order for the Panasonic employees originated in December 2008.

This seems like extreme planning ahead to me. Why is Panasonic giving the employees until SEPTEMBER?

Is this story an indication that another false flag event is being planned for September 2009 in another country?

Or in the US?

The article below was a link on the same page.

cnnwire.blogs.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
cryptogon.com...

“The bird flu cases reported so far are infections from bird to human, but once an infection between human beings is reported, things can get chaotic with many other companies trying to bring back their employees,” Kadota said.

“We wanted to take action early before it gets difficult to book flight tickets,” he said.

Looks like they are really scared of that bird flu

Maybe they know something.
I have seen a few chickens die from chicken diseases all the time. Then this "Bird Flu" paranoia came.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
www.iht.com...

The employees will stay, but families of those working in China, Asia excluding Singapore, the Middle East, Africa, Russia and South America, were ordered in December last year to return to Japan by the end of September, spokesman Akira Kadota said.

EXCLUDING Russia and South America Africa and the Middle East?

So you are trying to tell me, North America, the UK, Australia, with its advanced medical and disease controls, it more at risk of a bird flu pandemic, than say Chile or Kenya?

Give me a break!

I think Panasonic is speaking complete BS.
And is ordering the employees familys home TO SAVE MONEY!
Because they have posted there first annual net loss in 6 years.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by BorgHoffen

You might be right about that, but I read that Panasonic is already planning to cut 15,000 jobs worldwide, and the press release I read about recalling the 10,000 made it seem like it was over and above that.

Panasonic cuts jobs...

edited to add:

Ok, I just read the article again, and we misread, because the article wasn't worded very good. Article should read,

The employees will stay, but families of those working in China, Asia (excluding Singapore), the Middle East, Africa, Russia and South America, were ordered in December last year to return to Japan by the end of September, spokesman Akira Kadota said.

I don't understand why Singapore would not be included.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by sezsue]

top topics

join