It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC Host Urges Murder

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Let me pose this question to you. Do you think it would have been wrong if a newsman during WWII had gone on the radio and said that Hitler should be killed?

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I've done a little research. Bottom line seems to be, if Mugabe is classified as a 'terrorist', then it would be legal (by prior interpretation of Executive Order 12333) for the US Gov to attempt to assassinate him, as a foreign leader. Otherwise, it's illegal.

This Washington Post article (from just after Sept 11th 2001) gives a very interesting overview of the issue, with all the legal details:

The prospect of extrajudicial killings by the U.S. government is a departure from one of the touchstone intelligence restraints of the post-Vietnam era. It inspires strong qualms among some of those who have thought about it professionally.

"In my heart I am often for assassination, but in my head not," said Anthony Lake, Clinton's first national security adviser, reaching back toan Italian Renaissance family notorious for murder and fratricide for an analogy. "Until you can show me the firewall between those whose deaths you're positive would save a large number of lives, and those about whom you're not positive, then I think you're on a slippery slope to becoming the Borgias."

www.washingtonpost.com...

Of course, I believe what the commentator was saying here was a hypothetical, as he used the phrase "in an ideal world". Thus, he didn't directly call for Mugabe's assassination. And even if he did, I'm still not convinced that expressing such an opinion would be, in itself, illegal.

Edit: Those wishing to advocate such an action might also find this article interesting.

[edit on Feb 11th 2009 by Ian McLean]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfAces
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Since when are broadcast journalists allowed to call for the death of someone?

Obviously you don't watch Fox News....Do you know what I love about the media? The fact that because these arrogant reporters express their opinions and expect the people to listen and feel the same way, they think they are helping us and doing us favors. The media is the reason why t.v. rots your brain because your being fed lies and bull all day. Glen beck is a good example of this.

Turn off your t.v.'s and make your mind up based on your own feelings.

I have found that it does not matter how much information, how much fact or how much proof you give a person; they will hold on viciously to whatever they believe.

The media man has always been king. It started with the print media. What they said was gospel. It had to be true if you read in print. Then the print media guys went Hollywood. They found TV and movies a much more effective why to control our minds.

Once we had regulations in place for how invasive their tactics could be but they have long ago fallen by the wayside. At least back then someone still had the ability to think critically and to think for them self. It appears we have no protector in that realm anymore; which is no surprise since we have no protectors left in our government that have our best interest at heart.

The MSM is a gigantic business that has its own agenda and I can guarantee you that you and I are not included in their plans. Outside of course how much they can manipulate us to work, borrow, steal and hand over.

Please do not think that I am knocking the MSM. Those good old boys are quite clever and have learned to use our shortcomings to their advantage. I guess you have to give them their due on that.

I am knocking us. Me and all my countrymen that have allowed our basic way of life to be destroyed by FOX, CBS, CNN and all the rest of the lot. We are the ones that willing and anxiously open our doors and invited the vampires in.

We would fight the vampires tooth in nail to keep them inside of our homes we would not let them leave if they wanted to. We beg them to drink our blood. We even sacrifice our children to them.

Why would anyone be shocked or outraged that a report on FOX would insinuate that a person should be killed? They have done this before. A FOX reporter made the comment that a person would be considered a patriot if they killed President Obama when he was campaigning. They know that they have us strung in like puppets on a string and they know we are powerless to resist them.

Why are you more concerned about political figures then you are about your children. Have you not noticed what it is they are teaching your children? Prepubescent girls wearing lace bras and panties. Young girls and boys being taught how they should behave from “Gossip Girl” and “Sex in the City” and a lot more.

I am not beating up on children because they are not at fault here. We are. We sacrificed them and we have contributed to their learning by showing them how it is done.

No you can’t blame FOX or any other MSM outlet. They are the smart ones.

We are the ones that are just plain stupid.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

I was going to respond, and point out that not everyone has a television. I think it's preferable to actively choose the media one wants to view, rather than semi-passively accept "what's on".

The statistics I found, though, were discouraging:

Percentage of households that possess at least one television: 99
Number of hours per day that TV is on in an average U.S. home: 6 hours, 47 minutes

In a 65-year life, that person will have spent 9 years glued to the tube.

Source

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Didn't this happen before, with some other well known news person calling for the death of some politician in another country?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join