It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Q, for anyone who knows about masons!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
hello,

since i was little my dad alsways said to me lots of company bosses, any companies, were mostly masons.

also people like golf club chairmen, etc too....

he always said he could tell if someone was a mason just by looking at them.

what did he mean by this??

also, i knew a real loser of a guy once who joineds the masons after being invited in. he went from having no job, no money and a bad car to having a good job, good car and money all within weeks!!!

crazy!!!

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

That loser made it because when you sign on the mason line your assisted all the way up the ladder as long as you play by their rules.

As to telling just by looking at them... I know a few, the local lodge leader used to own my house... The older ones always seem to be very calm, reserved and nothing phases them. Life is wonderful and they are happy with their meager existence in the later years. Part of the brotherhood is giving of oneself... I always find that means monetary.....

IMO
Rgds

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Exactly what is it you are asking ?

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
im just trying to find out how you can tell by looking at someone and are most people in the positions i stated actually masons??

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Sir, that does depend on what your circle of friends are. There are many stages before one is fully pledged with a rank and obligation. Keep in mind that not all members become successful in their occupation. Many are, as you put it seem to think\feel\see that they have achieved a status within the community but what their purpose is, only the lodge to who he\she belongs to really knows.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
im just trying to find out how you can tell by looking at someone and are most people in the positions i stated actually masons??

Generally Mason's wear rings. They may have a pin as well, or a decal on their car, or tiepin.
Generally, though, it's easier just to ask.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   

You can't.

And joining the Masons doesn't increase your income.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

hello,

since i was little my dad alsways said to me lots of company bosses, any companies, were mostly masons.

also people like golf club chairmen, etc too....

he always said he could tell if someone was a mason just by looking at them.

what did he mean by this??

also, i knew a real loser of a guy once who joineds the masons after being invited in. he went from having no job, no money and a bad car to having a good job, good car and money all within weeks!!!

crazy!!!

Several decades ago it was true that many Masons were leaders in the community or successful businessmen. They could be identified by their large masonic rings worn on the right hand.

Starting in the 1950s, though, at least in the US, Masonry membership began a rapid decline. The Baby Boomers had very little interest in joining Freemasonry and membership dropped sharply during the next 40-50 years.

There seems to be a recent upsurge in interest. I believe this is due to the popularity of the Dan Brown books and others, along with a renewed fascination with the New World Order and conspiracy.

You can also find out if a man is a Mason just by asking. We aren't supposed to go around recruiting, but if someone asks usually you can't get us to shut up about it!

I don't know about typical lodges' membership, but I can give you an idea of ours. Our lodge was begun in 1857 and we have the distinct privilege of having Abraham Lincoln practice law in our original lodge building.

Lincoln was not a mason, although he stated many times he wanted to join. Ironically, he did not consider himself worthy in his opinion, to be a mason.

When asked why he never joined he said that while running for office he did not want to give the least impression that he was gaining any sort of benefit or publicity by being a Mason.

Our membership is mostly blue-collar guys. We have bus drivers, security guards, martial arts instructors, janitors, carpenters, a couple of computer programmers, a paramedic and one doctor.

I am not aware of any elected officials in any of the lodges that meet in our Masonic center. If there are businessmen they don't seem to broadcast their success because it would be in poor taste.

One of the main tenets of Masonry is that ALL men are equal.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
thanks for these answers. very helpful. cheers

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

You can also find out if a man is a Mason just by asking. We aren't supposed to go around recruiting, but if someone asks usually you can't get us to shut up about it!

Yes, one of the landmarks is that a man must seek to join of his own free will (hence the nonrecruitment)... A man petitions a lodge, not the other way around...

As to success, that's likely a fluke, and he likely just made some good contacts. The "loser" in question may have simply been in a bad spot, but had marketable skills, and his brothers matched him with someone who needed that skill...just a guess...

By looking? I'm assuming he simply meant if you see a successful man who is respected by others, his community, etc. I don't think he meant it literally...(unless you go by rings, tie tacks, etc.)

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
What i would like to clarify, is that if one felt need to promote a new intended member and they would be responsible for them. Not everyone is allowed to invite. This also applies to which level the prior posters are referring to. As i have said, there is a hierarchy, hence the lower end has no direct contact with the high end. This assures stability, this is how governments are structured, this is how social order is structured. This assures that no agendas are leaked.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
You can't.

And joining the Masons doesn't increase your income.

Nor are you invited to join. You must ASK1, 2B1.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
What i would like to clarify, is that if one felt need to promote a new intended member and they would be responsible for them. Not everyone is allowed to invite. This also applies to which level the prior posters are referring to. As i have said, there is a hierarchy, hence the lower end has no direct contact with the high end. This assures stability, this is how governments are structured, this is how social order is structured. This assures that no agendas are leaked.

And you know this how?? Please provide some evidential data or this, as some other threads of the same ilk, becomes another trolling post, looking for a scrap?

And BTW I am a a Mason, and what you have stated is patently untrue, IMHO

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
dredz < Sir, i guess you could walk up to the ambassador responsible for Western Europe and begin talking to him on how the order should be changed or provide new ideas in strengthening its output.>

Proof, obviously we differ in more ways than one.

Troll, i have no idea what you are referring to, but judging by the tone, i feel you are referring to me posting on afew related topics.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Sir, i guess you could walk up to the ambassador responsible for Western Europe and begin talking to him on how the order should be changed or provide new ideas in strengthening its output.
I can't tell if that's a question or a statement... "ambassador responsible for Western Europe"? I assume you mean Masonicly? No such position. Each country in Western Europe has one or more Grand Lodges that are autonomous. There's no body higher than them. While their actions may be in parallel much of the time, they are at odds with each other on any number of issues. Now, if you phrased that as "would you walk up to the Grand Master of a Grand Lodge and offer suggestions?" Sure, I would and could. Grand Masters are one year elected terms like most other officer bodies in Masonry (generally secretary and treasurer excepted, because it makes more sense not to have to retrain bookkeepers every year...) I've met the Grand Master of my state before, and would have no problem talking to him if I saw an issue I thought he could correct, or should at least consider. It's not like these guys are inaccessible... most of them have email addresses and phone numbers posted on Grand Lodge websites, after all...

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Sir, i am not referring to elected bodies within individual lodges. I am referring to specific hierarchy which are and have and will be handed down based on generations of service. Do not confuse the two.
On that note, it is very interesting to see why there is so much antagonism on various sites and why many people are so confused. As i mentioned earlier we differ in more way than one. Peace and Harmony to all creations.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Sir, i am not referring to elected bodies within individual lodges. I am referring to specific hierarchy which are and have and will be handed down based on generations of service.

The elected bodies *are* the hierarchy, at least as far as the York Rite is concerned.

The Scottish Rite is different. There, the Supreme Council is not elected by the membership, but instead chooses its own members, and is therefore self-perpetuating. Therefore, while the York Rite is democratic, the Scottish Rite is hierarchical.

Nevertheless, all Scottish Rite members, including the Supreme Council, are under jurisdiction of their York Rite Grand Lodges.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Sir, i am not referring to elected bodies within individual lodges. I am referring to specific hierarchy which are and have and will be handed down based on generations of service. Do not confuse the two.

It's the same at Provincial/State level as it is at the Lodge level. Elections for fixed terms are a fact. There isn't a governing level above that. Period. The repetitious assertions about the inner workings of Freemasonry by those with no actual knowledge of nor exposure to the actual workings of Freemasonry is the height of chutzpah.

On that note, it is very interesting to see why there is so much antagonism on various sites and why many people are so confused.

The confusion and antagonism emanate from individuals who insist black is white and up is down and nothing that anyone who says differently will change their worldview.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Fitzgibbon: If its something you wish to ask me directly or indirectly you have more options to do so.

I am only passing by as i pose not threat. I find it very entertaining to find post's like these to see how the general public or members react to specific answers.
On that note. Obviously i am not elected and obviously i cannot be contacted, we differ in more way's than one. Sir, do keep in mind, before you or myself was even conceived as an idea, we were well established. (wink)
I am not a person who joined through one or two generations, but have been handed the responsibility of filtering out ideas and ideology's to benefit the foundation of what you and your local lodge elected leaders see fit to interpret.
Never forget it is one thought and prospect that has established what you have that is if you have chosen to pursue.

I thank you for your time

[edit on 12-2-2009 by tristar]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Tristar,

If you would be so kind as to clarify your post, it'd be much appreciated. If you are asserting that you have the least little bit to do with Freemasonry, how about coming out with something more than what could at best be described as a whimsical diatribe that says nothing while implying much

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join