It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ogopogo Caught On Film/Documentary Filmed [NEW]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Hello all!

Long time lurker, first time poster!

I searched 'ogopogo' before posting, and there are not very many threads about the creature, so I thought this would be cool.

I live in BC, Canada, and the ogopogo has always interested me. My grandparents have a lake lot on Okanagan. Every summer I go up to go boating, swimming, snorkeling etc... but have never seen, or encountered any 'strange' events on the lake. I would assume that summer time on the lake would be the creatures 'downtime', because of all the summertime lake traffic.

My Grandma says she has an encounter in October a few years back. She told me that it was an extremely clear winter evening. No one was around, no boats, no neighbours, no animals, no nothing. It was quite, almost erie she said. While down on the beach cleaning (there were no waves, the lake was calm), she said all of the sudden waves started to come in out of the blue. Not small waves, but big ones that splashed hard upon the beach. She looked out to the lake, and said that three very visible humps were moving through the water at slow speed. The humps weren't the wave size sightings that you always hear about, people confusing a creature for waves, but these humps actually came up clearly out of the water at least 10FT up out of the water, and back down, three times throughout the body of the creature. She said the head was always below the water never breaching the top of the lake. After about a 20 second span of watching whatever it was move through the water, it sank bellow the waves, and dissaperd.

I believe her 100%. Why would she lie about it? Shes an old lady (66), not some monster hunter who is out prove that creatures exist throughout the world. To say the least, I was very excited for her. Some people spend their entire lives searching to have an experience such as this.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my Grandmas experience with you all before posting about the Ogopogo documentary.

Googled ogopogo, and found this website: www.ogopogoquest.com...

Some very cool information about 'the search' and whatnot.

The most recent search for Ogopogo was on Okanagan Lake the week of November 3rd, 2008. A documentary was filmed for the History Channel, by Whitewolf Entertainment out of Montreal, which is due to be broadcast in February 2009. The Legend Hunter team of Bill Steciuk and Len Melnyk lead the search. They employed some new technologies such as thermal imaging, hydrosound technology, sonar and dive teams. A small partly-decayed carcass of a marine species was found in a cave in 60 ft. of water, on the west side of Rattlesnake Island. The sample is being frozen and sent to the Biodiversity Institute in Guelph, Ontario for final tissue DNA determination. The carcass was not readily indentifiable by either the crew or the divers, leading to the possibility of a new species in Okanagan Lake.......the mystery continues!

The Ogopogo phenomenon is just full of surprises! While filming a documentary based on Bill Steciuk's first sighting of Ogopogo, the film crew was amazed to find an "extra" wanting to participate in the filming....yes, none other than the famed "lake monster" itself..... See a 30-second preview of the video... with an incredible sighting of Ogopogo by the film crew! Choose either high resolution or lower resolution, depending on your computer capabilities.

Here is the link to the 30 second clip from the documentary.

www.ogopogoquest.com...

Very cool video, and I cannot wait to watch the program when it airs on TV!

[edit on 11-2-2009 by gambino]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
HAHAHA Buy the video on VHS tape?

either this is really old or these people are stuck in a time warp.

Either way sounds like a money making scam to me, not much unlike the clowns who claimed to have a frozen bigfoot in and icebox that was actually just possom inards or something.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Dont know how double posted.... Sorry

[edit on 11-2-2009 by Desolate Cancer]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
the photo provided on the website looks more like a dolphin then the ogopogo.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Wow, legend hunters

ollllllllllllllllllld

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by scorpionxx
the photo provided on the website looks more like a dolphin then the ogopogo.

that's what i thought,,, or even a lost or stray whale,,,,,is their an outlet to the ocean here or is it a land locked lake?????

watched the vid,,, but didn't research much further

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
as i live right next to the lake wherein this creature is supposed to be

why wait, just the other day, a news report came across my screen, a Really Big Snake carcass/bones/whatever that is called, was found...

this ogopogo is imo, a really big snake,

anyways, i wondered if it is real, then, i see this thread, remembered the other one about the big snake and went huh, ok... i still need to see it for myself, oh and i shall add, there are areas in this Okanagan Lake, where they have not found the bottom yet... might be just not using right equipment... so... you decide, my imagination wants to be heard now, so bye bye

top topics

join