It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama bets second term on stimulus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Yahoo

FT. MYERS, Fla. – Three weeks after being sworn in, President Barack Obama acknowledged in plain terms Tuesday that his prospects for winning a second term may depend on the whether he can revive the nation’s plummeting economy.

“I’m not going to make any excuses,” Obama said at a town hall meeting here, in perhaps the most pivotal political state in America. “If stuff hasn’t worked, if people don’t feel like I’ve led the country in the right direction then you’ll have a new president.”

Did a politician just put their political life on the line for the good of the country? Nice!

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Of course there will be a new President. 4 years of 'stimulus' bills and a quadrupling of the debt will do that.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
The way I'm seeing it America is betting on the quick fix and it really could make things much, much worse if it doesn't work. What is more important? The long shot multi trillion dollar bet that could get you back to where your country was before this happened by 2012 or not burdening your children and grandchildren with debt they will have trouble paying even if your bets pay off?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
Yahoo

Did a politician just put their political life on the line for the good of the country? Nice!

After the stimulus has sufficiently wrecked the coutnry even further it will be interesting to watch how Obama renegs on that bet.

Kind of like his "pledge" to stick to private funds during the campaign? Or how about his promise to keep lobbyists out of his office? Or his promise not to accept pork in the stimulus package?

Yeah - your president has a stellar track record of keeping his word.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Well, it was nice seeing you Obama.
Might as well see the world while you have these 4 years left.
I doubt you will get another chance.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
He's gone in 4.

That's what i've stated before. Now i'm not so sure. It definitely helps him to have the CEO of GE (who OWNS NBC and it's substations) as an advisor. They are going to push green technologies and GE will benefit from this. Expect to see continued bias towards Obama the next 4 years from NBC even if the sky is falling.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
agreed obama will be a 1 hit blunder

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Of course his next 4 years is on the line with this stimulus package *Cough*spending bill/rape of the treasury*Cough*

Course it kinda leads credence a little to that 2012 end of times theory now doesn't it?

I mean if the world is going to go poof in 2012 anyway, why not have a total giveaway of all the money you can, it's not gonna matter in 3 years anyway

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthWithin

Bye bye to President Obama.

Now lets elect Ron Paul!

top topics

join