It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Because your human by default i should have Brotherly love for you

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Im in the process of trying to love everyone I meet. The people in line at the grocery store. The checkout person, the door greeter, but its like im in control or like im getting them to do something for me. What im finding is that people in line like to be noticed. The checkout person cant wait to get off work. The door greeter tells me the weather. I give people a little attenion or kindness things go as rule pretty smove and if I ask for help and say please and help, people want to help me ive always found its easer to get by showing kindness and love than being shy or rude, it amazing how rude people are and in such a hurry. But the words please and help thankyou aw man you are the greatest raises thier spirits and that makes me feel good. But im also creating the situation and I wonder if thats wrong, I think im doing the right thing,and no im not gay.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
They get paid to be kind. It's more of a facade than a genuine gesture. Some of them hate every minute of it.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Anyone who says randomly that they aren't gay, is. Sorry, just a rule of mine. jk.

Anyways, I've recently been thinking about how crummy some of those jobs must be so whenever I go get food or shopping I try to be pleasant. The people get paid so little and some have jobs that can be as tough as any.

[edit on 10-2-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Hence "false gestures".

Having feelings and helping others shouldn't be a job where one gets criticised. It's a natural thing to do. It's a good value of humanity that is dwindling.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
You know its kind of an unspoken rule, if your nice to someone they'll be nice to you as well... and with a few exceptions thats how the world works.

Case in point:

I'm normally a polite person expecially to those I have just met or meet in passing but 2 weeks ago I found myself in a position where I acted in a way and said some things that weren't like me at all.

So I was in the process of moving out of my apartment, actually the final step, I was loading up my truck (pick-up truck not moving truck) so that I could hit the road. I back my truck into a handicap spot, there were no other empty spots close to the building and I didn't feel like having to carry boxes all the way across the parking lot. I didn't see it as a big deal because there were 5 other handicap spots that were empty right next to it and I used the one the actual moving companies always park in anyways.

So I'm loading up my truck and on one trip down (3rd floor) I'm holding like 3 heavy boxes, and this lady who had just pulled into a handicap spot near me (yes she was handicap, with a cane) she just starts screaming and yelling at me that I'm a horrible person and need to move my truck. Now I'm still holding these boxes and sliding them into the bed of my truck and I'm saying "ok, hang on I just have a few more boxes and I'm done here..." She responds with more screaming and yelling, so I ignore her and get in my truck and move it across the parking lot. While I'm doing that she moves her car from the handicap spot she was in to the one I was in... (for those wondering there was no ramp at my spot).

So as I'm walking back to go back up to my apartment to get my last load she actually has the nerve to ask me to help her carry a box for her. I responded with "carry it yourself you *expletive* cripple, my legs are tired!" That is soooo not like me and completely out of character for me.

To follow that up as I'm leaving I notice she parked with one of her tires over the white line of her spot so before I leave I go to my cop friends apartment near by and have him leave a parking ticket on her car for that infraction.

What I'm getting at here is no matter how nice you may be all it takes is one person acting crazy to completely throw you into a different mindset. If she would have just spoken to me respectfully from the get go then I would have moved my truck and helped her and neither of us would have had a bad day.

I like to follow the "brotherly love" thing but there are soooo many rude people out there sometimes its just impossible.

[edit on 10-2-2009 by XTexan]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Very Cool,
It is a very spiritually enhancing challenge to authentically feel positive towards all your fellow humans. The First Nations People have a saying, "All my relations", which not only refers to all other humans, but also all animal life on this planet. I believe that the biggest illusion of all in this world of maya is that we are separate.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Soloman Kane

Soloman....(hmmmm.....interesting name...) If I could make a simple, gentle observation. While I think your premise might have some merit, it would go a long way if you bothered to use proper punctuation.

NOW!!! Before the flaming begins....I believe that the founders of ATS wish to stand by, to the best ability, this concept.

It is IN the 'standards' not to use 'text-speak' and such.....that's not what I'm saying here. My opinion....(and maybe mine alone)...is when the contraction 'you're' is appropriate in context, but "your" is used instead....at least it's not 'ur', but it is still dumbing down.

Typos, I understand....we all make them. This transcends simple typos.

Sorry, it had to be pointed out, IMHO.

NOW.....the idea that we are somehow 'human by default'....that seems a little insulting to me.

It's like saying that you shouldn't, by definition, care for your beloved dog, or your cat, or your bird....or whatever pet you cherish, because he/she is a dog/cat/bird/whatever by default???

"Brotherly love" is probably a terrible term...one that might have caused some confusion in the OP's mind.

IF you wish to see a civilized encounter between Humans, then there must be a certain standard of behaviour. It is called 'courtesy', 'respect', 'trust' and, ultimately, 'civilization'.

Problem that might be causing confusion in the OP's mind is Humanity's recent rise from simple 'tribal' mindsets.....what I mean is, as a species we are not yet that far removed from some of our basic survival instincts, very similar to other animals.

"Fear the Unfamiliar" "Protect your Territory" "Challenge Strangers".......

THIS is the 'tribal' mindset. Civilization is the veneer that we supposed 'enlightened' naked apes use to assuage ourselves....but we all know, deep down, that altruism would be thrown away at the first scent of fear.....

So, again to the OP.....you've hit upon a possible uncomfortable truth that underlies the Human condition. It does NOT involve the trappings of 'religion', which is just another form of 'civilization' in another wrapping.

BOTH use fear as controlling factors.....'religion' uses fear, that's obvious. 'civilization' uses fear, but it is social in nature....actually, they both are, to some extent.

new topics

top topics

join